ThePro

Mileage

It would affect the price of the vehicle, for the people that take RP seriously. You don't need to affect the vehicles, basically, you won't pay the same price for a brand new car, and a car with 100 000 km. And if you wouldn't RP it, well then it's just your problem that you don't want to do proper roleplay. This would be only for people that came for the roleplay.

7 minutes ago, Denni said:

+1 only with for example, things breaking regularly at a later mileage. 100k miles, damn son your brakes need changing, engine issues etc. Loss of BHP unless you do a engine makeover.

Don't agree with that, since that's not a rule in real life that a car has problems after 100k miles or so. Some car types in real life have millions of kilometers and still have the original engine, the only thing that was changed is the brakes.

1 minute ago, ThePro said:

Don't agree with that, since that's not a rule in real life that a car has problems after 100k miles or so. Some car types in real life have millions of kilometers and still have the original engine, the only thing that was changed is the brakes.

A car with 100,000 miles has a higher chance of breakdowns... As such, there's a risk. So +1 with my addition. -1 because you "just want miles". Give it a purpose man.

16 minutes ago, Denni said:

A car with 100,000 miles has a higher chance of breakdowns... As such, there's a risk. So +1 with my addition. -1 because you "just want miles". Give it a purpose man.

It has a purpose, I would love to know how much I've driven my car.

On 3/2/2019 at 1:40 AM, Denni said:

+1 only with for example, things breaking regularly at a later mileage. 100k miles, damn son your brakes need changing, engine issues etc. Loss of BHP unless you do a engine makeover.

This sounds like it could add some realism & depth into vehicles in-game. +1

+1

I like the idea for information value, would love to see VIN numbers on cars also so you could see a car and say "Hey I used to own that."

However, while RP is great and all, this is still a game and unless it impacts a player directly/scriptly I don't see it changing vehicle value or a reason that it should.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, JakeInnit_ said:

How would the amount of miles affect the vehicles worth? Are you suggesting the car degrades overtime, depending on the mileage? If the mileage has no affect I don't see why it would affect the price of the vehicle. 

yeah, exactly this isn't some kind of, sarg.lt sa-mp server, where it has no logic at all, but it still says that it is an RP server, kinda...

On 3/1/2019 at 11:15 AM, ThePro said:

It would affect the price of the vehicle, for the people that take RP seriously. You don't need to affect the vehicles, basically, you won't pay the same price for a brand new car, and a car with 100 000 km. And if you wouldn't RP it, well then it's just your problem that you don't want to do proper roleplay. This would be only for people that came for the roleplay.

yeah, well, what i think personally, you need to add some kind of service with the millage, OFC it would be random, but you would need to change you filters once in while, and the car would break down more and more as the millage goes up.

1 minute ago, Pete_Stanley said:

yeah, well, what i think personally, you need to add some kind of service with the millage, OFC it would be random, but you would need to change you filters once in while, and the car would break down more and more as the millage goes up.

Of course, I am fine with the oil change, and stuff like that... But I don't think that the car should break down at all if it was kept in good condition all the time. 

yeah, In my point of view, it should depend of the car, because there's certain cars that are unbreakable n' shit, but there's some cars that break more often then others, I still think that it should break, and i just got an idea that, you should be able to fix it yourself, but it wouldn't last as long, I mean you would fix a car that you want to sell, but don't want to spend a lot of money on it anymore, so you fix it yourself cheaply and sell it, and the owner would notice it after some time, also that ads some buyers who would rather buy a brand new vehicle, which would bring in more cars in the game.

+1 Definitely something I've been wanting for a while. It's sometimes nice to see just how much you've driven. I don't think it should affect performance, but cars with very high mileage may actually become more expensive since they're literally rarer, which would be interesting to see. (I've actually seen this happen on other servers)