HobGoblin

Remove the exp on the scoreboard

There is no reason for a standard player to see exp on the scoreboard. The exp gets abused by players as they check the scoreboard to see how experienced the player is when interacting with them.

Only admins need to see players exp for punishments or for other reasons. Which I'm sure could be added to the pannel if needed.

• Like 3
  • NAY 1

2 hours ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

I don't understand why we're so vehemently against seeing what players are online to begin with? If you truly are looking for someone, you can check their discord status, etc. 

That is not the issue. It's that people check to see who they are interacting with based of how much exp they have.

Checking people's EXP on the spot is easier when it comes to criminal groups and their OOC requirements. For example a group with a minimum of 50k required will need to check who they recruit/talk to. Besides from that I dont see any positives or negatives, its just a list.

My opinion on EXP is that it's unnecessary to be shown on a list. You will have people who have little EXP who may know what they are doing or you may have a high EXP person who shows no regard to how the server or RP works. It should just be removed and have EXP only available to staff who need to see how long someone has been around, aside from still keeping what you can see on your panel in regards to your character playtime. If certain groups have an EXP requirement, a suggestion for that would be to interact more with that person and see if they know how to roleplay through normal RP means rather than based on the number of EXP points they have. The EXP list just seems like it motivates the swing of roleplay to determine if people should be allowed to do a certain thing whereas that shouldn't be the case, rather letting roleplay flow naturally regardless of an EXP level.

+1/-1

Often it is used to metagame a players experience and sometimes even to identify the player, but on the other hand it is quite useful during recruitment processes to see if someone has reached a certain amount of xp.

I do believe that the player count leaderboard should always stay.

• Like 4

idk i am at times genuinely curious on exp status. one time I spotted someone with +3 mil exp, considering I have +700k after 4 years, I just cant help but to imagine how long that guy must have been around, it means nothing but I for some reason do check on that to see if I can see someone with more than 4 mil exp XDXDXD