Denni

"Hands up this is a rob" mentality...

1 minute ago, Com783 said:

We would have to make characters every day probably lol

2 minutes ago, Com783 said:

exactly, the only way to have true roleplay is to force it...so much cry baby anyway, death should be permanent and your character deleted....you could visit hes tomb for the nostalgia to

we should be more forced into the death and forced to wait. and you cant have 2 characters doing same thing

I feel like the server administratives are the ones to blame for the current state of our server. 
Things such as:
- Not enough server administrative online to punish rule breakers ( Most time I or my friend have reported, we wait for at least 10+ minutes, which in most cases, means that the situation/problem that we were reporting about, is now way too late for an admin to deal with, resulting in the admin telling us to go to forum )
- Light punishments ( Both IC and OOC. Without a valid government ((Which we are really not receiving enough information about, except for " its coming " )) IC laws can't be increased. and the OOC punishments are not harsh enough, if you ask me. People should be afraid to break rules, not just take it lightly )
- Weak Entry Quiz ( The entry Quiz, as it is, is not working at all, if it did, we wouldn't have so many people who are unaware of the rules / can't rp for shizzle )
- 
Not enough content ( As it is, criminal scripting is currently being focused on rather than civilian scripting. Things such as warehouses, the ability to rob a store, /frisk command available to everyone, easy acces to weapon licenses and guns )

are all factors that allows robbers to behave as they do, on the server.
That being said, we as players should also try to act as much as possible, by filming more and making more player complaints against rule breakers. 
I understand admins cant solely get all of the rule breakers, but I do think that if the above mentioned problems were looked into, the overall number of rule breakers would be reduced.

Edited by Vasquez
  • Like 1

I think the only rule that should be added, is that if you robbed someone or something, you're not allowed to return to that area for some time. I see people getting robbed or shot and once the robbers leave, the victim will likely call 911 for help. At times I see robbers returning to that area only to kill the victim "because he called the cops" or even returning to the area once the police are there, to engage in a firefight or a chase. Common sense would say that robbers want to run away from the area ASAP, not return to it, ever. Had a bad RP experience once, where I was robbed while on duty, PD showed up and secured the scene, the robber came back and rammed his vehicle into everything, then started to KOS everyone there. It makes 0 sense and absolutely trashes the RP experience for everyone.

But I do think that a lot can also be done IC. Harsher jail times for people that keep breaking the law, mandatory community service of sort(?), confiscating their vehicles if the vehicle was used multiple times as a getaway vehicle. Vehicles could later be sold at auction and would cut down on people using super fast cars all the time, to a point where they'd have to get some junkers to not lose their favorite ones. Maybe the last one is harsh, but it has risk and reward to it. It's also nobody else's fault but your own if you push it that far.

I don't want to see robbing completely disappear or be cut down dramatically, even though that's not my activity at all. But I guess the only way you can have more fun with it is to prompt the robber to respond with /do's. You can always report people in the end.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2019 at 2:30 AM, Resfiel420 said:

I left the prison for 10 minute (been on duty for like a week IRL) to assist my member in buying a car at a dealership, robbed instantly by Kulans.... 👌🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am sorry you are getting a wrong image, but we aint playing for basically a week and we never say we are Kulans when we are robbing someone.

We seek for bigger fishes in the pond than a single no namer or a postal driver.

Edited by DISCO

51 minutes ago, DISCO said:

I am sorry you are getting a wrong image, but we aint playing for basically a week and we never say we are Kulans when we are robbing someone.

We seek for bigger fishes in the pond than a single no namer or a postal driver.

Let's hope this is true. I've had a few issues myself! 

1 hour ago, DISCO said:

Kulans as in the camo guys that keep robbing people or ?

12 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

Kulans as in the camo guys that keep robbing people or ?

Maybe you are reffering to the Islam-ish kinda group of people with sand color cars, sooooo.... we are not them.

But its funny, when you make such an impact being a 6-8 person group and everyone is so paranoid that they are complaining they are getting robbed by Kulans, while we are not playing for over a week.

1 hour ago, DISCO said:

Maybe you are reffering to the Islam-ish kinda group of people with sand color cars, sooooo.... we are not them.

But its funny, when you make such an impact being a 6-8 person group and everyone is so paranoid that they are complaining they are getting robbed by Kulans, while we are not playing for over a week.

Please can we keep this related to what the topic is about. 

Im a new player to this server, been playing for last 4 days and I WANT to have a good role-play although sometimes I might be overwhelmed with the personalities and the skills of more experienced players, but I dont mind that, that is my learning curve. What I do find an issue is the none-sense from other players, even those that are with a lot of xp on the board, which means they have spent a lot of time on the server and should know what they do. On the very first day the most common thing I heard, while doing farmers job, was that farmers do get robbed very often. And that raises questions in me. First of all, what kind of a gangster or any sort of criminal would chose a farmer to be his target? Second of all, if you compare your roleplay to real life situation, then what do you expect to steal from a farmer on a field? Sandwich? Coffee jug? Hoe? The same goes to robberies at the pier of those that fish. Like really? You gonna point a gun and steal some fish? It all goes down to meta-gaming as the fact that these people know that farmers might have some valuables like weapons and stuff on them is purely OOC based. Then again, even if it would not be OOC based, just some sense or common knowledge, then how about Fear RP? Shouldn't you be scared, knowing that the farmers have guns, they could open fire at you?

For a new player who is doing stuff there and here it is really frustrating to live in a paranoia that some wannabe gang-banger might come around and take all you have on you. Like no fear from the facts that place like pier by idea is really crowded place (talking about irl), robberies at places where a lot of cameras might be located, not getting scared when someone approaches a store while you robbing it or stuff like that.

I don't know what could be a good option, but it definitely has to change. Quality over quantity should be the way of thinking, because that is the only way you can make sure that there is good roleplay. Like adding no "rob on sight" rule, same as there is "kill on sight" rule without any good reason, would serve well and change this for better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OBESE said:

Im a new player to this server, been playing for last 4 days and I WANT to have a good role-play although sometimes I might be overwhelmed with the personalities and the skills of more experienced players, but I dont mind that, that is my learning curve. What I do find an issue is the none-sense from other players, even those that are with a lot of xp on the board, which means they have spent a lot of time on the server and should know what they do. On the very first day the most common thing I heard, while doing farmers job, was that farmers do get robbed very often. And that raises questions in me. First of all, what kind of a gangster or any sort of criminal would chose a farmer to be his target? Second of all, if you compare your roleplay to real life situation, then what do you expect to steal from a farmer on a field? Sandwich? Coffee jug? Hoe? The same goes to robberies at the pier of those that fish. Like really? You gonna point a gun and steal some fish? It all goes down to meta-gaming as the fact that these people know that farmers might have some valuables like weapons and stuff on them is purely OOC based. Then again, even if it would not be OOC based, just some sense or common knowledge, then how about Fear RP? Shouldn't you be scared, knowing that the farmers have guns, they could open fire at you?

For a new player who is doing stuff there and here it is really frustrating to live in a paranoia that some wannabe gang-banger might come around and take all you have on you. Like no fear from the facts that place like pier by idea is really crowded place (talking about irl), robberies at places where a lot of cameras might be located, not getting scared when someone approaches a store while you robbing it or stuff like that.

I don't know what could be a good option, but it definitely has to change. Quality over quantity should be the way of thinking, because that is the only way you can make sure that there is good roleplay. Like adding no "rob on sight" rule, same as there is "kill on sight" rule without any good reason, would serve well and change this for better.

Very good suggestions here.

24 minutes ago, Denni said:

Very good suggestions here.

I think so too, because we don't see that much kill on sight, but we do see a lot of rob on sight. Such rule is necessary to act as some sort of invisible police when the real police is not around. The problem in a lot of roleplayers minds is that they play through plain factor of what I see is what is there, not through imagination of what there should be if this would be reality. Like when robberies happen, no one cares about the CCTV and small stuff like that. There is so much to roleplay to consider that is it very sad to see this plain thinking.

4 minutes ago, OBESE said:

I think so too, because we don't see that much kill on sight, but we do see a lot of rob on sight. Such rule is necessary to act as some sort of invisible police when the real police is not around. The problem in a lot of roleplayers minds is that they play through plain factor of what I see is what is there, not through imagination of what there should be if this would be reality. Like when robberies happen, no one cares about the CCTV and small stuff like that. There is so much to roleplay to consider that is it very sad to see this plain thinking.

People forget that because we have no AI there would be no-one witnessing. They forget that part of the RP.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Denni said:

People forget that because we have no AI there would be no-one witnessing. They forget that part of the RP.

An idea came to mind but it might be little hard to script. Basically what if every time a gun is aimed at a player or certain criminal commands like /frisk are used there would be a chance of cops receiving an alert of the general location where the crime is being done. The chance could be based off the place(map zone) where the robbery is being perpetrated i.e highway 90 % chance, urban area in desert a 40 %, middle of desert or mountain, 2 % and so on. If you want to rely on scripts then you have to consider all options since Los Santos would never be inhabited by mere 200 people at a time, so make the 3.999800 million people are scripted eyes. And the idea that if there's no AI then there's no-one to witnesses is what makes crimes so damn easy to do.

Edited by McCatalyst
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I think the issue is because of how easy it is to obtain a weapon. When weapons are easy to get, it's tempting to go around robbing people. I've been robbed countless number of times and it is getting out of hands... I think the most was around 4-5 times in a single day. Completely kills the rp vibe, and keep in mind, that all of these rp situations were just bland "hands up this a robbery", quick frisk, steal whatever I have and my vehicle. No wonder people are just standing in NCZ the whole time.  I also made a buddy of mine start playing (he came from a very popular sa-mp server ) but he quit after getting robbed the third time in a single day. Anyways, one way to tackle this is to make it a lot harder to obtain weapons. The $10k weapons permit and cheap prices for weapons is just not enough.

Edited by timbaser

1 minute ago, timbaser said:

I think the issue is because of how easy it is to obtain a weapon. When weapons are easy to get, it's tempting to go around robbing people. I've been robbed countless number of times and it is getting out of hands... I think the most was around 4-5 times in a single day. Completely kills the rp vibe, and keep in mind, that all of these rp situations were just bland "hands up this a robbery", quick frisk, steal whatever I have and my vehicle. No wonder people are just standing in NCZ the whole time.  I also made a buddy of mine start playing (he came from a very popular sa-mp server ) but he quit after getting robbed the third time in a single day. Anyways, one way to tackle this is to make it a lot harder to obtain weapons. The $10k weapons permit and cheap prices for weapons is just not enough.

I agree with how easy it is to obtain weapons!

1 hour ago, timbaser said:

Yea the taco cost 450$ and gun only 2k 😄 Ofc 

IRL if taco cost 450$ than weapon would cost  13.500 $ for just a pistol 

Yea this server slowly looks like its Cops and Robbers not Roleplay 

Edited by Chris Bluestone
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As a player who has been here for 2 years I have to admit that the (new player) tag is really bad for my experience. Not because of the reason that you might think of but I assume new player is going to be a bad rper, who will either VDM on a city bee or attempt to rob me. So I take OOC information and keep my distance, this is metagaming in a way but I dont do it conciously. I keep catching myself thinking about a situation that happened and realise I did it again. 

Then there are a few other things I would like to bring up. 
People are "afraid" to go to jail because they lose time being locked up. Personally I had some fun RP sessions in jail ( had a fist fight and take the guy I beat up for example ) but being alone in prison sucks. Why not have a thing where when you get shot or hurt by a weapon you are locked out of that character for 15 minutes ( or more ) making the fear of dying a bigger then then just losing your stuff. 
This would have gang shootouts or shootouts with the PD gain more weight to them as the outcome will be worse.
Secondly this I believe would also stop the police from going terminator mode more often since they would have something to lose. 
Next thing I would like to suggest is bring back fruit that heals you when you buy it from a store. Cheaper items that heal you right away and cant go into your inventory ( Make them appear in your hand not inventory ). I dont know how this will turn out but it does help the load on the PD where they dont have to heal 200 people each day who got shot with some bandages. Increasing their time to RP with others.
Have more events. I remember the Drump helichopter that crashed after flying around the city. Small fun things like that are easy to do and can be written up by the comunity and if doable exactuted by the admins ingame. If people dont behave you already have a admin there observing the situation and they can deal with it instantly forcing people to improve public RP standards. 

There are more things but I dont want to bring up to many points at once

8 hours ago, Andor said:

As a player who has been here for 2 years I have to admit that the (new player) tag is really bad for my experience. Not because of the reason that you might think of but I assume new player is going to be a bad rper, who will either VDM on a city bee or attempt to rob me. So I take OOC information and keep my distance, this is metagaming in a way but I dont do it conciously. I keep catching myself thinking about a situation that happened and realise I did it again. 

Then there are a few other things I would like to bring up. 
People are "afraid" to go to jail because they lose time being locked up. Personally I had some fun RP sessions in jail ( had a fist fight and take the guy I beat up for example ) but being alone in prison sucks. Why not have a thing where when you get shot or hurt by a weapon you are locked out of that character for 15 minutes ( or more ) making the fear of dying a bigger then then just losing your stuff. 
This would have gang shootouts or shootouts with the PD gain more weight to them as the outcome will be worse.
Secondly this I believe would also stop the police from going terminator mode more often since they would have something to lose. 
Next thing I would like to suggest is bring back fruit that heals you when you buy it from a store. Cheaper items that heal you right away and cant go into your inventory ( Make them appear in your hand not inventory ). I dont know how this will turn out but it does help the load on the PD where they dont have to heal 200 people each day who got shot with some bandages. Increasing their time to RP with others.
Have more events. I remember the Drump helichopter that crashed after flying around the city. Small fun things like that are easy to do and can be written up by the comunity and if doable exactuted by the admins ingame. If people dont behave you already have a admin there observing the situation and they can deal with it instantly forcing people to improve public RP standards. 

There are more things but I dont want to bring up to many points at once

+1. Only issue is with Police. If an officer dies we can't return to the scene... NLR. 

If we were logged out for 15 mins, with how much crime there can be, you'd have no police force. People would roam in gangs of 6+ to protect themselves. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:19 AM, Denni said:

+1. Only issue is with Police. If an officer dies we can't return to the scene... NLR. 

If we were logged out for 15 mins, with how much crime there can be, you'd have no police force. People would roam in gangs of 6+ to protect themselves. 

I think you be surprised, cops actually would be fine and there would be more risk assestment improving overal RP standards.

I seend claude take out 4 guys at LSC with a shotgun on his own so yea cops actually are quite strong

• Upvote 1