2cannnn1

Vehicle Keys / Phone Battery

-1 , Pressing I wouldn't automatically search pockets and also doesn't offer any rp to the guy on the ground. Also allows people to quickly grab guns and items off a person that would be in holsters with clasps, or in pockets that wouldn't be exposed without rolling a person over. Or for heavy weapons could have a sling around the persons shoulders slowing down the removal of the items. I think that more RP is needed other then just running up to someone and press "I" as often times the person that is down would like an RP experience.

@Taedolf

@Jbacon

@otilane

@Shannon

I honestly dont think any of you guys thought any of this threw at all.

When I search someone, I see everything they have on them, including Keys, and Phone. Thats why the inventory plugin is there, so the person you are robbing cant lie to you...etc All the taking of the items is done with this command / plugin. 

Big thing to remember is that if you weren't able to check inventorys yourself, than how would I know that im not being lied to..etc? How much more complicated do you want the server to be / how much harder for staff?

ANYWAYS. 

When someone is downed, or kneeling..etc You cannot take there vehicle keys to their car. And you cannot take the battery out of their phone. This needs to be changed.

Examples ; 

Player A died across the street, Player B wants to take Player A's car but Player B does not have the keys. 

He can ICly take the keys, but cannot ICly unlock the car or anything, because THERE IS NO PLUGIN. LOL. 

^Explain why we shouldn't have vehicle keys?

Phone Battery, when someone is downed or kneeling..etc You cant take their battery, alot easier to do if you can grab it from their inv.

The issue on issuing someone an actual key script-wise is simple.  You lost the key to your vehicle, and need to get the vehicle and the key back or purchase another key.  Don't want that person to have a key to your vehicle anymore?  Sucks, pay to have the lock changed.  Died?  NLR makes it tricky.  Though you retain knowledge of your properties, you wouldn't have knowledge that the person took a key to your vehicle.  So a person has a permanent key to your vehicle they can use at any time.  Do we change the rules of NLR?  Do we make a key for some reason break after one use?

I don't really know a work-around to the key dilemma.  Phone batteries are fine I guess, wasn't aware the command didn't work on a downed person.  Admittedly I forgot about crim RP and was mainly operating off of how PD deals with keys of downed people, which is just /dragging them to the vehicle oocly to unlock it after we RP unlocking it.

Okay, so yes the inventory lets you see what that person has, but are you using a /me searchs the man for items, like keys, phone, wallet. /do would I find keys, wallet, phone? I assume not as you are just using the "I" key this is acceptable but doesn't allow the person to RP, as for all you know he left his keys in his car, or wallet or phone... or didn't bring his wallet today. 

My point is, that if you want to improve RP, rather then using server scripts to force people to give you their cars, why not prior to killing someone which everyone seems to be super fast and happy to do, rp a robbery.

So your taking the guys car you just killed because you want to destroy it, well grab a set of bobby pins and have at it. 

I feel that searching a person should take time, you wouldn't find his wallet, keys and phone gun, 6 pairs of pants 12 bottles of booze, and be able to jam them in your pockets all in 3 seconds. It takes time. RP it, that's why we play here is to RP, if your interested in just shooting people head over the GTA online get it out of your system, rp with people, talk to them, learn their back stories, make your own backstory, hell create a story in the game that may actually impact other people in the server for more then the 30mins that they have to wait for NLR so they can go back and get their car that you shot them because they took your friends gun 45mins ago that you didn't see.

• Upvote 2

No, I do roleplay my commands.

/me would attempt to search the mans pockets for his car keys, phone and any other items.

/do success?

Thats what I always / usually do. ;p

If they say they left there keys somewhere or any other BS thats fail rp / non - rp because the door of the vehicle would be unlocked at all times. Thats why there needs to be something. 

Also, taking your time to roleplay a robbery on this server with the amount of metagaming that happens is absurd, go join a criminal faction for a day and you'll completely change your mind. Nobody wants to take 30minutes to get robbed anyway. Lets be honest. And if you take 30minutes you might run into some other people anyways, this needs to be fast. REALISTIC. 

57 minutes ago, 2cannnn1 said:

Player A died across the street, Player B wants to take Player A's car but Player B does not have the keys. 

He can ICly take the keys, but cannot ICly unlock the car or anything, because THERE IS NO PLUGIN. LOL. 

A feature that allows people to actually take car keys would be nice (e.g /takekey ID).. but thats not what you are suggesting. You are suggesting that players can take the keys from the persons inventory.

If RP was done (/me searches for the car keys etc) and then you could take car keys like the same way you frisk, /takekey ID then the player has to do /keyaccept ID if they do have the keys and didnt RP losing them beforehand then this would be a great way to fix this issue of trying to steal an injured person's car.

But RP needs to be done, having everything in the person's inventory isnt going to help RP at all as people will just run up to them, take the keys and leave with the car.

All im suggesting is that there needs to be some sort of change to it, so people who mug keys, have access to the car - 

mostly for situations where, the guy is downed and cant get to the car to unlock it. Thats all im trying to solve, not trying to make it so

someone has perm keys for your vehicle, thats retarded and I dont think anywhere I came close to suggesting that. XD

A feature that allows people to actually take car keys would be nice (e.g /takekey ID).

A feature that allows people to actually take car keys would be nice (e.g /takekey ID).

+1, all im doing is getting the discussion going, and this is the conclusion.