XeV

Crim RP Kinda Doggy Right Now

What if you have no life but you don’t want to interact virtually either? 

I don’t believe that the criminal side of the server is dead. I think it’s dying a slow death and has for the past two years but it’s not beyond the point of resuscitation yet. I certainly haven’t put in the effort I have on a lost cause. 

That said, so far every effort to revive it has seemed like a half measure. Staff don’t fully commit to going the necessary distance needed. Whether it’s just not what certain people want or what, I don’t know. 

Yes, the script stuff would really help but it also comes down to the rules of the server, how factions are managed and the amount of available role players to play criminal on the server. 

Until such time as things really change, people will just blame the police departments and make threads like these because there’s no other outlet for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bala said:

What if you have no life but you don’t want to interact virtually either? 

Don't roleplay on a server with people.

That is my hard and honest opinion.

There are countless games out there, which can simulate everything the server has to offer, be it jobs or criminal activities.
Without people, but just bots.

6 hours ago, Bala said:

I don’t believe that the criminal side of the server is dead. I think it’s dying a slow death and has for the past two years but it’s not beyond the point of resuscitation yet. I certainly haven’t put in the effort I have on a lost cause. 

That said, so far every effort to revive it has seemed like a half measure. Staff don’t fully commit to going the necessary distance needed. Whether it’s just not what certain people want or what, I don’t know. 

Yes, the script stuff would really help but it also comes down to the rules of the server, how factions are managed and the amount of available role players to play criminal on the server. 

Until such time as things really change, people will just blame the police departments and make threads like these because there’s no other outlet for it.

If you just play a criminal character, become somewhat addicted to the server, don't you think, it changes you?

The entire problem with criminal RP is, that it's toxic from the beginning till the end, even though it might not seem like it at times, but then suddenly just a random mf'er jumps on you, because you look like a criminal. People don't really realise, what roleplay can do to you and especially those, who don't even roleplay for real, but just act freely or roleplay as something absurd, as they'd like it. The same can go with law enforcement, but it's not entirely toxic there, in my humble opinion, but you are meant to hunt criminals, don't yah? And it forms your mind that way and you can become entirely power hungry in a sense as well. You forget or play away, that you are human, no more empathy and such.

And when you realise, that it's actually not good for your well being, long term wise, playing as a criminal or law enforcement all the time, isn't it a good time, to either lay down the criminal or law enforcement side or just leave the server? You can always come back, but please, don't become depressed over it. Please.

The best roleplayers, stick to the server, because they were able to transition themselves and adapt or could always play in a way, that caused no permanent harm for themselves / others.

When they are continuing to add scripts, like for the existing freelance jobs, which also improves the social aspect greatly, as does the road workers job, then this server will improve so, SO, much more.

I can't really speak, for the criminal side and law enforcement too much, although I can speak for what I have experienced / seen, in my 5 year old roleplay experience on the server, as a taxi driver, paramedic and freelancer, so keep that in mind with me.

And see this as a rather broad response and not exactly to your post, Bala / others.

Edited by Commander783

10 hours ago, ZVER said:

Criminal RP is dead since 2019 and sadly won’t be revived. Server simply went towards the heavier RP direction with op cops and anti-crime encouragement. No fun to play at all, unless you have no real life and you are here just to interact with people virtually..

It became like it, because the server was a fuckfest 2018 and 2019, in my honest opinion.

Edited by Commander783

@XeV I agree have to partially agree with all you have said.

Chopshops: they are insanely expensive. You cant chop cars unless you team up with 2/3 people to invest in one. I think they should introduce one of the following options:

1. Make a cheaper variant for "poor people" with a % of actually removing parts without damaging them or stuff like that.

2. Add the good old chop shop rotation with lower payout.

If you're smart enough you aint gonna have issues with people following you. If you got people that can help you can lead them into an ambush or just make them waste time. Go fish with the stolen car or something like that.

Cooking drugs: The prices for a lab are blown out of proportion. You need way less of an investement to cook and it's a lot easier id you got a friend helping. Thank Lord they removed the cooking in apartments. 300 online players and you would only see cops on the streets. Guess why..

Robbing stores: We do it more for the fun with the homies. You can't really make bank by robbing stores and it is pretty dangerous after the second you rob. It became way easier after the last update so I dont really wanna talk about it cause I havent done this in a while now. Used to be a lot harder to be fair.

Robbing ATMs: the money you can make is trash but the fines arent insane either. We're talking about Mission Row time. It's a one man job and it's fair compared to the charges, especially if you're on a motorcycle, scout the area beforehand and stick to escape routes that cruisers have trouble with. 80% you won't even have cops on you.

Robbing banks: it sucks. You either do it right (cops are hella busy with a major situation), do it dirty (hella BFs which is cringe as fuck) or you get caught. Most cops have the win mentality when it comes to banks so they will shoot as soon as you can, which I do not agree with. I prefer chasing 4 dudes in a car after a bank robbery instead of shooting and killing the RP on the spot. Yes, it would make more sense from a realistic point of view to neutralise the threat as soon as you get the chance but we're playing to have fun.

Big gang vs small groups: I totally agree with the unnecessary beef that comes out of nowhere and the suppression on smaller groups. In real life if a group is born you are going to try to profit from it. Work with them for personal gain. If they overstep their boundries you show them who's boss. It's all about money. Power is money. Nowadays they just look for beef or tax before looking for beef. No real escalation or roleplay. We don't like something you do/don't do? Wiped.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 6:35 AM, equ1nox_ said:

Overall, I agree with a lot of what has been said. Ive been playing crim and LEO for over a year now and eventually, I always end up leaving my crim for some time out of boredom and just play LEO for the majority of my time. Crim RP is extremly boring and repetitive like a lot of people said and I feel like the only way to make it fun again is to add new and exciting things for crims to do.

• Car boosting
  • Better drug system thats friendly for new crims to get into and move up from being a 2bit crim to someone with more experience (poor solo new player crims trying to get into it and get rolled by 10 gang members with heavies which then end up doing roadworks)
  • Revert chop system and revamp it
  • Make banks not a 15 man zerg where u just point guns at tellers, press e on 2 objects and wait. Add a hacking aspect or another skill based aspect where the bank is done by 4-6 people max. (Hostage banks and any other form of unique bank RP is dead because the moment u step out of the bank, u are blasted like its the 4th of july)

The crim activies that can be done are extremely stale. There is pretty much nothing to do and so the only fun people have is drive around with their guns looking for conflict that usually lasts the duration of a fight. After all, this is a video game and people wanna shoot their guns sometimes and have fun, so why not provide good RP behind it by encouraging conflict RP in a way that makes sense. Maybe different gangs can control different crim activities and tax people on it. Lets say GBK is the prominent south side gang, so they can control the chop and drug dealer in that area. You can have a couple of members there from time to time and when anyone wants to chop, they are taxed a portion of the profits. If another gang comes along and is unhappy, lets say another southside gang comes up and both GBK and them cant come to a peaceful agreement on the tax, then the other gang can choose to contest the areas to chop/sell when they want to, and natural conflict RP can take place. Why is conflict RP discouraged so much when script / ic changes should be made to facilitate a healthy conflict RP environment where it not only makes sense, it comes naturally and isnt forced through ruleplaying ("give him demands" "did he hands you?"). This also means that newer crims are able to interact with these gangs in a healthier way or choose to "rebel" and try to get their way without paying tax (more RP ops). 

What I explained above is just some ideas and im not saying they are flawless but it is a different way to think about thinks and would obviously require A LOT more though into it and possibly would mean changes to how drops work (which idm changing as well")

There's a plethora of languages in the world but you chose to speak the language of facts.

In my opinion, the old chop shop mechanic was perfect, but that doesn't make sense that you would have to pay almost 1M just to start a chop shop, which is considered as a "low level" criminal activity that should be available for beginner criminals. Also, I really miss the old days when RVs were in... I wish it were an option for beginner-advanced criminals to cook in but its ridiculous because if you don't have good connections just to have like a lab with 4 tables and a vent inside of it would cost 120-150K without adding the RV cost (and that's if you don't get scammed on the way)... so basically all the new criminal player journey is to do road worker/fishing or any legal job till he gets 200K (which in these jobs take tons of time) then get an RV to cook in and then he would need to buy a cheap bike to get plants and slowly progress so basically just to begin the criminal RP would take him tons of time doing boring legal stuff. When I was a new criminal I was stealing cars with my friend, we were riding a bf400, stepping off it when we saw a vehicle, stealing it, and then taking it to a chop shop. And it was mad fun and we had a great time plus nice profit for a relatively new player. and by home labs, I think it's great but I think it needs to be more accessible to new players since you can't cook in apartments anymore. ground house prices skyrocketed just to get a 1G today is at least 200K and you could bearly fit any tables, so it's not that big of an upgrade from the RV and the vent prices are ridiculous for something that in its original purpose is considered legal… 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 1Maor said:

-snip-

A chop shop setup is ~200k, a 4 table 1 vent setup is ~80k; the prices that you're quoting are not set by the server, it's what your character is being asked to pay by other characters, therefore, a result of roleplay.

I think your complaint is a valid point if you want to mainly play this game to grind money, but roleplaying is supposed to be about interactions. If you make good connections with criminal organizations you can get everything you named in there for less than 500k (and I mean a full chop setup, an RV lab setup, a 1G and the actual RV).

However if you just run around with an OOC friend or two, then yes, it is much harder to play criminal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That's cap.

Everyone needs money to do the things they want to do. As it was stated previously, playing this game isn't all about money but it is nice to have a sense of feeling like you've progressed after spending 5 hours in game.

If your character doesn't have any prior interactions with gang members the only way to build trust between yourself and an official faction is to do the small criminal grind at high risk no reward for them in order to secure import prices.

Which brings us right back to square one in the conversation.

Hit stores for no money.

Build a small lab for more money than it's worth after purchasing the required possessions at an inflated price.

Hit banks using the meta.

Steal and chop cars for the official faction you're looking to ally yourself with.

Etc. Etc...

Far be it for me to speak for the server but I get the impression most would rather do road work than get hit with large fines for no money all for the chance at a small discount off an official faction.

(Sorry for spelling or grammar. Using mobile.)

On 9/12/2022 at 5:43 PM, Monroe_SB said:

Chop Shop was a great idea that worked fine for a month or so, then you realise ECLIPSE favorite Staff Quote - "High Risk, Low Reward" Applies to Chop system. If you are a bad ass deep clapper gang sure, you can feel safe. If you are a group of random civillians that want to do GTA crim Roleplay, well you are probably fucked.

this is 100% facts, to import a chop costs a lot of money and if you wanna just make money as a small group, its kinda hard.

This is the result of doing a chop shop with 2 people: 

Edited by zaygmto
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, zaygmto said:

this is 100% facts, to import a chop costs a lot of money and if you wanna just make money as a small group, its kinda hard.

This is the result of doing a chop shop with 2 people: 

Hans, we need ze Flammenwerfer, there are too many cockroaches outside.

*cough*

Back to topic.

Kinda broken for 200k, not gonna lie. You will never make that money back, when being discovered and you will be, with the sweet /showvehicles .

3 hours ago, Commander783 said:

Hans, we need ze Flammenwerfer, there are too many cockroaches outside.

*cough*

Back to topic.

Kinda broken for 200k, not gonna lie. You will never make that money back, when being discovered and you will be, with the sweet /showvehicles .

with NPC vehicles you do not need to worry about /showvehicles

It was a cool idea in concept, but not in action. paying 150k-200k for the bench to then spend 60k+ to get the tools (Engine hoist, Vehicle lift,) to chop cars that equate to like 2-5k per car it is just not worth it as a money maker or even as an activity at all.

Just bring back the old chops (even make them rotate or cycle through) and leave the bench cause at that point your atleast a LITTLE safer to do it now cause people might "rotate chops" again if they are active

1 minute ago, lSpixsy said:

Minimum per car is like 15k but ok

Definitely not, chopped cars multiple times 15k is 100% not the “minimum” lowest i got one time was like 2k and most i received was around 8-10k, obviously the vehicle type and what not depends on price but all in all, just not worth it.