Dirty Mike

Are Crims even wanted in Eclipse?

The thing I don't understand is why the new chop shop system require intereaction with "official" gangs/organizations, the basic tools for chop shopping vehicle are easily obtained in your home depo.

As a "freelancer" that don't want to be part of any gang and just want to stay low, you already have alot of intereaction with gangs, since they are robbing and killing people 24/7.

Also the downside of all of this, if you are living in a GMT+2 and higher time zone, it's really hard to intereact with a gangs, since people on this server active when it's 24:00 or even 02:00 night time. So you have almost no way of grinding rep with them.

P.S.

action bar system not boomer friendly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, John Nut said:

Then we have cops who overpower the crims.  If cops try to arrest an unarmed civillian and he starts running. WHY the FUK do you taze him? he is no harm to anyone all he is doing is running away. If a civillian is trying to fist fight a cop, start fighting him back once in a while for gods sake dont just taze everyone first second anything goes down. I dont care if its REALISTIC its GAME RUINING. As i saw someone mention above. Why are there 2 helicopters and etc chasing a shennobi or drag.  There should be OOC rules about stuff like this, abusing resources to stomp crims.   Stop tazing everyone just because u want to be done with people. If ur a cop u gotta deal with the process of taking people to jail or actually failing to arrest someone, its part of the game. Just like we gotta spend 3-5 hours in jail for shooting someone. Part of the game, ur telling us to deal with it, why shouldnt you.     Stop abusing resources and start playing fair. If there is a drag, bring a drag not 2 helicopters. Helicopters shouldnt be used in a chase unless he did some highly illegal activity, not just speeding away from a trafic stop. It ruins the experience. Why do u think 80% of the server is on Bf400 and etc, because cops abuse their resources. I also read that they just now got an update that made their cars loose fuel?? Like excuse me

??? 

You don't seem to know much about LEOs it seems.

If someone is running or resisting arrest, you tase them. That is the whole point of having a taser. Why would a cop fist fight an individual rather than hitting them with a baton, or tasing them? 

There will never be 2 helicopters in the same pursuit unless one of the helicopters didn't already know there was a helicopter in that pursuit.

"Stop tazing everyone just because you want to be done with people"

A taser doesn't end a situation. You can still RPly resist. A lot of people don't really respond to the effects of a taser anyway which is why cops need to taze over and over again because you can literally see the individual trying to sprint while still be under the taser's effect.

"If there is a drag, bring a drag not helicopters"

Frankly nothing LEOs have can keep up with a drag except a helicopter. We can't just pull out a drag. We only have a select few vehicles that we can use and non can keep up with a hakuchou drag.

"I also read that they just now got an update that made their cars loose fuel?? Like excuse me???"

again you have no idea what you're talking about.

Cop cars have always lost fuel. The update made it so we loose even more fuel than before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Nut said:

Then we have cops who overpower the crims.  If cops try to arrest an unarmed civillian and he starts running. WHY the FUK do you taze him? he is no harm to anyone all he is doing is running away. If a civillian is trying to fist fight a cop, start fighting him back once in a while for gods sake dont just taze everyone first second anything goes down. I dont care if its REALISTIC its GAME RUINING. As i saw someone mention above. Why are there 2 helicopters and etc chasing a shennobi or drag.  There should be OOC rules about stuff like this, abusing resources to stomp crims.   Stop tazing everyone just because u want to be done with people. If ur a cop u gotta deal with the process of taking people to jail or actually failing to arrest someone, its part of the game. Just like we gotta spend 3-5 hours in jail for shooting someone. Part of the game, ur telling us to deal with it, why shouldnt you.     Stop abusing resources and start playing fair. If there is a drag, bring a drag not 2 helicopters. Helicopters shouldnt be used in a chase unless he did some highly illegal activity, not just speeding away from a trafic stop. It ruins the experience. Why do u think 80% of the server is on Bf400 and etc, because cops abuse their resources. I also read that they just now got an update that made their cars loose fuel?? Like excuse me

LSPD hardly ever deploys two helicopters for a situation, in fact in most instances it's advised against doing so. As for cops tazing people who run you clearly haven't been in a real situation that involves cops. You really need to do some research before spreading misinformation like this.

3 hours ago, John Nut said:

@Jorge Compass

I havent met a single civillian who has been able to chop a single car since this update came out.  We chopped 10 cars and got 13k cut out of it.

For the first time in over 2 years I am investing some time on my criminal character, so keep in mind the following opinion might be skewed.

I have had a ton of fun the last week or so since the boosting update. I spent the first few hours of the update grabbing a slamvan from grove just to be pulled over by @Jbacon 1 minute later. From this I understood that Police could likely tell if a car was stolen or not.

Fast forward one or two more arrests from boosting cars and I started developing a system. I realized my biggest issue was that I lacked the knowledge of where current chop shops were set up. I decided to pause any attempt at stealing cars and instead I focused on building connections. I went around town asking anyone that looked remotely shady about the situation, introducing myself and explaining my predicament to them, most were willing to chat and give some sort of information.

A lot of people found themselves in the same situation, not knowing who to go to. However, as I met more people I started building relationships with some of them, I finally met someone who was able to chop my first few cars, a solid 40k in my pocket, not including their cut. Things were looking up.

With a chop connection secured, I continued to build other avenues as you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. I started focusing on high-end vehicles in high-end areas, planning routes from the car location to the chop shop, avoiding commonly policed routes and generally taking my time to make sure I am not detected. From here, I started to ''stash'' vehicles. I didn't have access to a shop that was open 24/7 so I would instead boost 3-4 high-end vehicles and hide them around town, coming back for them later, taking my time knowing that I would be able to chop them later.

This eventually developed to talking with gang leaders, further developing our relationships beyond just business, offering my vehicles for a fee to groups who had chop shops but did not want to reveal the location to someone they don't trust. Hell, I even witnessed likely one of the first ever attempts at stealing a toolbox by GBK which in itself was cool to be a part of.

The point of this story is to explain that even someone like me who started his first criminal character only a week or so ago, can have access to these things if you put in a bit of effort and talk to people. You are correct in that chop shops right now are very valuable, naturally at the start they will likely only be used by gangs and their members, but I have met criminal groups willing to at least buy stashed cars I have for a price, thus giving me some money while keeping their chop site hidden.

The  struggle that myself and others went through, the time spent learning and looking for any information and the connections made so far are worth the time I think. It makes me feel like there is more substance to RP than just going from static generic chop site and waiting 4 minutes.

On an ending note, it's not like this system is perfect. I don't disagree that perhaps the toolbox should be reduced to around 100k or some incentive should be placed to encourage interaction between larger groups who own these chop shops and small time criminals looking to make money. However, let's not make it as easy as before where there was very little work and interaction between players.

Perhaps make it so that when a toolbox is placed down as well as the lift and engine hook, these remain at the spot it was placed for a week until someone is able to move it again. (exception for Police raid). This means that rival gangs who find the chop location wouldn't be able to take it for themselves, instead they would have to hold the spot for the remaining time left before they can pick the toolbox and other equipment back up and leave, giving the original group who placed the toolbox time to retaliate and encouraging some conflict RP.

Edited by Cyrus Raven
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyrus Raven said:

For the first time in over 2 years I am investing some time on my criminal character, so keep in mind the following opinion might be skewed.

I have had a ton of fun the last week or so since the boosting update. I spent the first few hours of the update grabbing a slamvan from grove just to be pulled over by @Jbacon 1 minute later. From this I understood that Police could likely tell if a car was stolen or not.

Fast forward one or two more arrests from boosting cars and I started developing a system. I realized my biggest issue was that I lacked the knowledge of where current chop shops were set up. I decided to pause any attempt at stealing cars and instead I focused on building connections. I went around town asking anyone that looked remotely shady about the situation, introducing myself and explaining my predicament to them, most were willing to chat and give some sort of information.

A lot of people found themselves in the same situation, not knowing who to go to. However, as I met more people I started building relationships with some of them, I finally met someone who was able to chop my first few cars, a solid 40k in my pocket, not including their cut. Things were looking up.

With a chop connection secured, I continued to build other avenues as you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. I started focusing on high-end vehicles in high-end areas, planning routes from the car location to the chop shop, avoiding commonly policed routes and generally taking my time to make sure I am not detected. From here, I started to ''stash'' vehicles. I didn't have access to a shop that was open 24/7 so I would instead boost 3-4 high-end vehicles and hide them around town, coming back for them later, taking my time knowing that I would be able to chop them later.

This eventually developed to talking with gang leaders, further developing our relationships beyond just business, offering my vehicles for a fee to groups who had chop shops but did not want to reveal the location to someone they don't trust. Hell, I even witnessed likely one of the first ever attempts at stealing a toolbox by GBK which in itself was cool to be a part of.

The point of this story is to explain that even someone like me who started his first criminal character only a week or so ago, can have access to these things if you put in a bit of effort and talk to people. You are correct in that chop shops right now are very valuable, naturally at the start they will likely only be used by gangs and their members, but I have met criminal groups willing to at least buy stashed cars I have for a price, thus giving me some money while keeping their chop site hidden.

The  struggle that myself and others went through, the time spent learning and looking for any information and the connections made so far are worth the time I think. It makes me feel like there is more substance to RP than just going from static generic chop site and waiting 4 minutes.

On an ending note, it's not like this system is perfect. I don't disagree that perhaps the toolbox should be reduced to around 100k or some incentive should be placed to encourage interaction between larger groups who own these chop shops and small time criminals looking to make money. However, let's not make it as easy as before where there was very little work and interaction between players.

Perhaps make it so that when a toolbox is placed down as well as the lift and engine hook, these remain at the spot it was placed for a week until someone is able to move it again. (exception for Police raid). This means that rival gangs who find the chop location wouldn't be able to take it for themselves, instead they would have to hold the spot for the remaining time left before they can pick the toolbox and other equipment back up and leave, giving the original group who placed the toolbox time to retaliate and encouraging some conflict RP.

Thats nice to hear, valid points.  Yes you need to put more time in it and etc. And I do not dissagree with what ur saying, Thats kind off how its suppoused to stay and i understand thats how the server wants to have things. But there are so many people who just aint that social but still want to chop or maybe even good enough in english. And when its around lets say prime time 50+ people who wants to chop shop. Most likely most of them will be denied at the moment.  As i Love this chop shop update im not saying that it should be removed, im saying that changes has to be done so it works more "globally" and not in a very closed circle/circles.  Adding to the week long idea, It makes it also able for civillians to sneak chop their cars if they know the location and have the 3 tools they need.  Just like old chops, if gangs found random people chopping on their turf. Then the other week they have to remove it and change location and somehow a tiny differently still keep it so other gangs/people can steal it. But maybe only specific times like the last day of the week, or a really long cooldown if someone fails to grab it and etc. I cant come up with a good idea on that right now.  

6 hours ago, Jorge Compass said:

In terms of what you said above, I do not see how the update have made chops worse. The current system has drastically increased player interactions and also is not limited to official gangs. Although there would be an increased risk, you could run a chop shop on your own.  When the update first was released, I thought 200k was also too much just for the equipment to run a chop. However, after chopping 10 cars or so (which is relatively easy considering there are now randomly spawned vehicles) you can make your money back. When you say "cops is a threat too" it has always been a risk for stealing cars, and if anything I believe the cop threat has been reduced as they no longer know exact locations of chops.

Well said, Jorge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Nut said:

@Jorge Compass

I havent met a single civillian who has been able to chop a single car since this update came out.  We chopped 10 cars and got 13k cut out of it. 

You also need to spend everything u have to keep the chop running. U cant do it alone or with a friend, Its suicide both from cops looking to get you and gang members looking to frag and get sum free equipment.   I have problems understanding why ur think its been reduced risc. When it takes longer most scenarious to lockpick, then just as long ov if not longer to hotwire (remember this is open streets cops patrole everywhere) then u gotta drive it to the chop where people can follow you, cops get notified just driving past u that its stolen. Its not reduced its fkin highly boosted risc.  Dont forget the 20k hotwire, 9k tools and etc. Its not reduced. 

Brings more interaction between the gang members who are lucky enough to have the resources and numbers to keep it running. Not civillians as no gangs iv seen or heard about take it vehicles from civs.  Cars spawn yes, but where are we gonna bring those cars is my question. U wanna take all my vehicles everyday or the 150 other civs who wants to steal cars and sell em but cant? its not working and its pretty obviouse too. 

Basically they removed chop shopping completely for 97% of regular civillians who maybe dont have any friends or friends of friends in gangs and etc.   (dont take my precentage for facts its all opinions and examples) 

Make connections with other people or groups who may have chop shops and supply them cars for a cut? It's an rp server after all. Do what the goal of the update was, interact with other players and roleplay.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Phantas said:

Make connections with other people or groups who may have chop shops and supply them cars for a cut? It's an rp server after all. Do what the goal of the update was, interact with other players and roleplay.

Im not saying and i never said to just get acces like its baking a cake. im saying as far as my experience and what iv seen so far the majority of players do not get that chance matter what they do.  As i said i think its too hard because gangs are to protective. Im in a gang so i have acces. Im talking about other people iv seen struggle.    ofc a few people will manage it, but what about those 50 others who just aint that social, maybe doesnt speak good english and or just simply not liked by people/factions and etc. 

They struggle to make those connections. And also with the chop going up and down up and down.  its not reliable for em like it is for us because we choose it. I dont want chop to be a closed circle where u gotta spend days or weeks to gain trust just to be able to maybe chop 5 cars a week. 

Are you guys bringing in vehicles from civillians more than once a week or are u like me and others and dont do it because we too scared to loose the shit. 

And i say it again i think the chop update is amazing, I love it. But I believe there are problems keeping it away from alot of the playerbase. Im not saying to remove this update, im saying tweak it and fix it, change a few small details so it makes it more interactive with everyone rather than those few people managing to get the trust and contact with Factions.   

Like the idea who came up here a few comments ago  (Have factions set a location and its frozen for a periode of time, Cops can grab it and such if they would find it and have a warrent or whatever.  Then it would be more reliable, people can even sneak chop on those faction stations but risc getting cought and suffer consequenses or not.  It would make chop a smaller job so factions can do other things while people are able to chop. It would make it more accesable for civillians (they still need to get the location from those who knows where it is) not have a marker on the map CHOP SHOP. Still RP still interacting and making it accesable for more people at the same time. 

Or do u guys completely disagree?  just descussing

30 minutes ago, John Nut said:

"They struggle to make those connections."

"im saying tweak it and fix it, change a few small details so it makes it more interactive with everyone rather than those few people managing to get the trust and contact with Factions."

Every great journey and story has a struggle. There are a very large number of the player base who enjoy every day on the server because it's not easy. We like challenge. It makes us stronger. It gives us satisfaction to overcome. Gaining trust is a very good result of thoughtful roleplay and value exchange, regardless of the storytelling ability of the player. My advice to those who are struggling is: Be present, be honest, be proactive, listen and offer. Before you know it, your value will be apparent and you will get the connections you need.

But there is also a large number of players who dont like it.  

And putting up and down a chop multiple times a day or even once a day is not very RP/real, so in my opinion saying "Its RP" is not a very good argument neither. So i  disagree. I do understand you.  But its just a discussion and the more views of point the better the discussion is.  I think iv said my part now.   

Have a good day/night - John

Edited by John Nut

With all the recent updates I don't really think it's a fair question to ask, there is a clear effort being made to create new activities for criminals to participate in and encourage more widespread player interaction. Won't be perfect instantly but the landscape looks as good as ever right now IMO.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.