Willowick

Accept all payments at Vending Machines

The majority of vending machines accept cards in real life. Personally I haven't used a vending machine since the change to cash only as I barely ever carry cash around, nor have any of my vending machines set up around the city been used since by other players. It was a awesome feature to be added and with the change it just feels like they will barely get used.

Edited by Willowick
  • Like 4

+1
I have 2 vending machines in prime locations (Right next to paleto MD and on the pier). I've made... ~$3,000 profit from them both combined since the cash-only system got rolled out. One even had a blip on it.

I can live with the reduced refrigeration effect and basically be unable to sell food but being cash-only makes them effectively unusable. 

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see changes personally that encourages more pocket cash on people, but at the current state, for most vending machines that I know, the nearest ATM...Is right at a store. So there's basically no benefit to using a vending machine as there's no convenience when most people need to go out of their way to get the cash out.
A bold suggestion from myself is to make more things cash-only if the goal is for people to have more pocket cash e.g. stores and burger shot, clothing stores, barbers etc.

But honestly just making vending machines able to take bank transfer again I think is the answer I think. In terms of realism, EVERY vending machine I see IRL takes card.

• Upvote 2

+1 to @alexalex303 and @Ash. Vending Machines aren't enough incentive for people to carry money around with them. No one is going to use vending machines if it's just cash. People know if they carry money around and they get robbed, they will lose it. So, no one ever takes money out. 

If we wish to be more pocket money, then cash has to be needed in more areas. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, apologisemeow said:

Store owners hate this 

Store owners have absolutely no right to hate vending machines. Stock for vending machines has to come from somewhere and that's store owners. I have a deal going with 2 store owners to stock my vending machines. There's plenty of opportunities for store owners with them since they're the only ones who access items for stock price.

I'll correct you, store owners who don't actually play the game other than to log in and stock up hate this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ash said:

Store owners have absolutely no right to hate vending machines. Stock for vending machines has to come from somewhere and that's store owners. I have a deal going with 2 store owners to stock my vending machines. There's plenty of opportunities for store owners with them since they're the only ones who access items for stock price.

I'll correct you, store owners who don't actually play the game other than to log in and stock up hate this.

Store owners could stand to benefit from vending machines like you say they just need to be the ones supplying them, this could also help drive the prices down as some stores are selling food for $750 that's ridiculous.

About business owners only logging in to restock supplies something needs to be done about that maybe i'll make a post on it.