Emulsify

Game Time Cycle

As it stands the current time to IRL time is 4:1.
This means that no matter what the time will always loop to be the same the next day.

Currently, I have been on the server for over 3 years now and I have always played at the same time of day every day.
I believe the vast majority would also play at the same time every day.

However, this means that I experience the same time in game every time I log on. This is specifically annoying for me since whenever I play it is always night in game.
I can go weeks without even seeing daylight in game if I don't play at the weekend.

I have put up with it for 3 years at this point, however it is really on my nerves recently.

I suggest that the time is sped up slightly to an unproportionate amount so that the same in game is not the same every day. 
This would mean that everybody experiences different day / night cycles over the course of say a week.

Thank you.

• Upvote 6

I completely support this suggestion. It does get extremely tiresome experiencing the same time of day every time you are in game. I believe it would be a nice QoL change to allow players to experience a rotating cycle of day/night by shifting the cycle away from 4:1.

Great suggestion!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I support this.

Perhaps 6:1 would be better rather than the current 4:1?

This would mean 6 game hours = 1 IRL hour, or 10 IRL minutes = 1 game hour.

Therefore, a full night cycle would only be less than 1.5 hours rather than 2 hours allowing for more variety in gameplay. I don't think speeding up any more would be viable as it would be like time skipping on Ark which is meh.

• Like 3

I would propose 5:1 time ratio instead. 5:1 insures that there is a overflow of one hour every IG day, meaning that the time cycle is always changing so one week when you come on it will be 4am, but next week it would be 4pm for example.

Same way as the leap year works. 

Edited by isBrainDed
  • Like 3

Hello and thank you for this suggestion!

I am happy to inform you that this suggestion has been implemented in the recent ECRP Dev update as confirmed in #development in the ECRP discord.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Locked & Archived.

• Like 1
  • PogU 1