aggressiveGrey

Mitigate the need for MD

Lets be honest, MD is few and far between, I think since Iv'e joined ERP - Ive yet to see a medic actually help me, Cops have though, because MD was inactive so they were kinda forced to.

MY suggestion is:
Players being able to /helpup other players.

I find it absurd that if you crash into a pole at 10km you need a medic to perform CPR on you xD

Other reasons:
Being hit constantly by cars in NCZ
Being able to RP with a downed person but now it's like, "oh well, md not coming, ignore, nothing we can do"

• Upvote 1

So someone will get badly hurt like shot and all a passerby will have to do is /helpup and done? What happens after? Lack of medics is an issue that is being solved, but it's not an overnight thing. Training does take some time.

If you're worried about realism, remember that there are some (developed) areas that have a medic shortage and people die because of it. Best you can do is get CPR trained and help that way. 

1 minute ago, Marca said:

So someone will get badly hurt like shot and all a passerby will have to do is /helpup and done? What happens after? Lack of medics is an issue that is being solved, but it's not an overnight thing. Training does take some time.

If you're worried about realism, remember that there are some (developed) areas that have a medic shortage and people die because of it. Best you can do is get CPR trained and help that way. 

How do you get CPR training?

2 minutes ago, Marca said:

I see the issue here is that the people dying to medics not being availible are probably criminals who can't apply. Petty crimes may not affect it but other than that we are at a loss.

And paying $20,000 to stop a bleed out that could easily be caused by non-roleplay means is a bit steep. I trucked for an entire day irl and it just barely made that much.

I would hate to see the role of MD diminished further than it already has been. MD is a faction that is often forgotten about, and is in need of more attention. There are a lot of hard workers in MD, and it would be a shame for their efforts to go to waste. The current issue as of right now is the big boost in players, resulting in MD being understaffed. In my opinion, PD being able to treat people should only be temporary, and be removed when MD gets more manpower. It does not make sense for someone with a Neck, Bone, or Gunshot wound to be placed in the back of a police cruiser or vehicle, without the equipment to properly transport them. In most situations like this, moving the patient would result in further injury or kill them.

I do understand peoples frustration, but diminishing the factions role is not a solution.

On a side note, I also see how this could be easily abused. In a gunfight It would be easy to /drag someone, run into a car and escape.

Edited by Steven_Doherty
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steven_Doherty said:

a side note, I also see how this could be easily abused. In a gunfight It would be easy to /drag someone, run into a car and escape.

Yeah but I think with a bit of tweaking it would be great , for example moving at 25% of normal speed while dragging. Not being able to shoot etc. I see no problem with wanting to drag people out of a gunfight.

11 hours ago, Steven_Doherty said:

I would hate to see the role of MD diminished further than it already has been. MD is a faction that is often forgotten about, and is in need of more attention. There are a lot of hard workers in MD, and it would be a shame for their efforts to go to waste. The current issue as of right now is the big boost in players, resulting in MD being understaffed. In my opinion, PD being able to treat people should only be temporary, and be removed when MD gets more manpower. It does not make sense for someone with a Neck, Bone, or Gunshot wound to be placed in the back of a police cruiser or vehicle, without the equipment to properly transport them. In most situations like this, moving the patient would result in further injury or kill them.

I do understand peoples frustration, but diminishing the factions role is not a solution.

On a side note, I also see how this could be easily abused. In a gunfight It would be easy to /drag someone, run into a car and escape.

Objectively speaking, it's already there, MD has become a non-factor

On 8/13/2018 at 8:15 AM, Murdoch said:

Objectively speaking, it's already there, MD has become a non-factor

Perhaps that needs to stop. People should stop being so stupid and die all the time. People do the most insane stunt jumps or speed around every place and then wonder when they die due to it.

(Apologies if anybody was offended by me saying "stupid", I'm not directly addressing anybody, rather appealing that people should stop treating this like GTA Online)

okey I first wanna point out we are not inactive. I am on my medic almost every day. Same for other medics.

The problems you have to look at is:

Everyone spams 911 calls when one person is injured. This fucks up our call lists and takes time. This also makes it so multiple medics respond to the same location witch already adds drivers time that can be used for another call.

Second almost 70% of our patients dont even know how to RP.

Third. If PD calls us over department radio thats priority above all calls. This happens alot. 

Fourth. big group off new players we got dont wanna work with us that already adds more time. 

Last but not least: people make 911 calls. Make it sound serious but upon arrival we they just want "HP"

And a fast side note. Within 24 hours. We get 1000 to 2000 calls. Just go and do your maths how many that are per minute. We cant get to them all.

Regards

Musketdeeznuts AKA. Medic/Firefighter Freyja Hrolfr

Edited by MusketDeezNuts
  • Like 1

Thank you for your suggestion.

I believe that this can be closed now, we have commands to carry bodies and take them to MD for treatment. A side from that, MD's activity has been at an all time high for the past year, it's a very active and stable faction in its current state - its leaders and members (current and previous) have worked hard to take the faction to where it is today.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.