gohena

Chop Shop Tweaks and fixes

So i recently joined the servers a few days ago, i enjoy the criminal life for the most part it is fun and interesting, i have been dedicated to stealing cars rply and taking them to the chop shop for my source of income but i feel like the system is very broken and needs work in my opinion, you spent 350-1050 on pins depending on how many tries it takes you to open the car risking the alarm going off to only receive a pay of 500-4000 depending on the car you take, seems pretty good only problem is players can just /showveh go to you while you wait the long time of 8 minutes if they realize the car is gone, the biggest issue is cops checking the spot literally every 5 minutes. I parked my car on a hill nearby for shits and giggles to literally spot cops just checking the spot making it dam near impossible for 8 minutes to pass by to chop the car. Moral of the story i have spent from 350-1050 on pins to then go to jail pay 5000 and be stuck in there for 30 minutes to 60 minutes three times in a row. I feel the cool down should be reduced and 2-3 chop shops locations should be located through out the map; and to be honest i think chop shop help the server lag by getting rid of cars people just leave stranded in the middle of no where or on the sides of the road and not in a parking slot so they should encourage it more and make it more rewarding/easier it will teach people to store there cars better and get rid of a bit lag and random cars all over the street sometimes not even rply parked.

Edited by gohena
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Yes I agree as well. I don't think that it's very fair that it takes such a hefty amount of money to buy the bobby pins in the first place, wasting 2 of them on a higher end car, finally getting  the third try; ONLY TO HAVE THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE CHASE YOU DOWN AND FOLLOW YOU TO THE CHOPSHOP SO HE CAN GUN YOU DOWN. Also about the police as well, they are everywhere! I understand that they want to keep the whole city safe and that it's their jobs to make sure people are following the rules; but to have the police constantly waiting at certain destinations such as the chop shop is just ridiculous! It's not fun when you use all that time and energy to do a fun rp and the police always waiting at the spot to arrest you. I don't even bother now with the chop shop, it's not fun when there is constant supervision. I also agree with the fact that players should be more mindful of where they leave their vehicles. Leaving them in the middle of the road causes lag in the server and often causes my game to crash. In my opinion any cars that are not in the right parking spots or just down right left for grabs should be taken to the chop shop and we should get our well deserved money from it!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thesilentwrath said:

Yes I agree as well. I don't think that it's very fair that it takes such a hefty amount of money to buy the bobby pins in the first place, wasting 2 of them on a higher end car, finally getting  the third try; ONLY TO HAVE THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE CHASE YOU DOWN AND FOLLOW YOU TO THE CHOPSHOP SO HE CAN GUN YOU DOWN. Also about the police as well, they are everywhere! I understand that they want to keep the whole city safe and that it's their jobs to make sure people are following the rules; but to have the police constantly waiting at certain destinations such as the chop shop is just ridiculous! It's not fun when you use all that time and energy to do a fun rp and the police always waiting at the spot to arrest you. I don't even bother now with the chop shop, it's not fun when there is constant supervision. I also agree with the fact that players should be more mindful of where they leave their vehicles. Leaving them in the middle of the road causes lag in the server and often causes my game to crash. In my opinion any cars that are not in the right parking spots or just down right left for grabs should be taken to the chop shop and we should get our well deserved money from it!  

YES THATS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! But nope just mindless fishing that does not encourage RP is what everyone else does lol

28 minutes ago, Spergburger said:

+1 I think there should be multiple chop shop locations. The lower end cars need to pay more to make it worth chopping them, bobby pins should be a bit cheaper, and cops shouldn't even know where the chop shop is so they can just camp it.

I know man! cops should not be able to just snoop up a chop shop or know what they are, all they have to do is see a car and automatically then come at you with weapons drawn and you get taken to jail.

Cars being left alone in the city do not cause the lag or crashes, they are there because of crashes. Which is a different story. 

Imo cops can 'camp' chop shop if they want to it's good rp. Try and find a window to chop, or make someone distract the cops. 

-1 for me

• I kinda agree with you ! but in the other hand you are trying to steal someone's car. 

It would be great if it could be made more realistic ! let's say after you've lost your car, you'll have to pay the insurance company in order for them to check their database and reveal the location of your vehicle since it doesn't appear at mors. this way people won't abuse /showveh

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 8:53 PM, Naji said:
  • I kinda agree with you ! but in the other hand you are trying to steal someone's car. 

It would be great if it could be made more realistic ! let's say after you've lost your car, you'll have to pay the insurance company in order for them to check their database and reveal the location of your vehicle since it doesn't appear at mors. this way people won't abuse /showveh

Yeah i don't care what they do, but they need to fix this system up a bit haha. It's currently almost impossible to do from my experiences you end up losing double/triple your money + jail time.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:39 PM, BrockOlly said:

Cars being left alone in the city do not cause the lag or crashes, they are there because of crashes. Which is a different story. 

Imo cops can 'camp' chop shop if they want to it's good rp. Try and find a window to chop, or make someone distract the cops. 

-1 for me

Dude,you can't tell if your driving pass an empty road you're going to lag more then a road filled with cars man. I have a beast/monster of a pc for streaming and there are times i feel FPS lag https://gyazo.com/923ce92ad2188839311eef4ea5b465aa it is also less load on the server having less cars all over the map, and this system will encourage people to be more RP/park there cars in garages or at there house if they own one.

i also agree with more chop shops, as of now there is basicly no way of making money as a criminal between bobby pins, cops, and crappy pay outs you dont make a profit stealing cars. as of now ive been playing the server for a week and its basicly been fishing simulator 2018 since there is no other viable way to make cash unless you have a gov job

Edited by Mr.Sub
  • Upvote 1

Big + from me , also i think the payment you receive from the cars should be increased , because it is probably job that is the most dangerous.
1. You need to steal the car so nobody would spot you doing it
2. Police is always there (so maybe lower the timer)
3. You can easily be robbed in chop shop

So a lot of risk but a little reward for it 

Cheers