Luke Raven

Add Managers to every Business

Proposal: Adding Business Managers

In my opinion this is something that has been lacking for a very long time on the server.

Correct me if I am wrong but currently and for the past 2 years ONLY Gunstores are allowed to have a manager.

My suggestion is that we add this feature to other businesses and let these managers have the following abilities:

• Insert money to the treasury but not withdrawal
  • Ability to manage stock/purchase stock/ alter prices
  • Inability to sell the business (not being able to)
  • Add furniture and objects
  • Change the name of the business
  • Be able to view the treasury but not withdrawal (this would help partners trust each other)

(credit to @Mod Drizzy)

Of course managers would be added up to a cap of 1 or 2 at the owner's desire but it would most likely be someone they trust very much and as such I believe these features would bring little development effort as some of them have already been implemented with Gunstores.

Every Business should have this - Gunstores, Gas Station, General Stores and maybe even a version of this for Loan Companies with a company treasury managed by the "partners".

Let me know what you think,

Thank you.

• Like 2

+1 on this, this is long overdue for businesses. This would allow for companies to expand their staff teams allowing for alternative methods of income. It would also allow businesses such a vehicle dealerships and loan companies to be more accessible to players. e.g. Loan companies only have one owner, which eliminates players in alternative Time zones to be able to take out loans. 

• YAY 1

Another Bump, implementing this would be extremely beneficial in improving the Private Sector Economy and the amount of interactions between business and civilians. The predominant issues that script business face like Loan Companies and Vehicle Dealerships is the inability to be on the server 24/7. The addition of management to these businesses would make them more accessible for the rest of the server and add diversity to the number of civilian jobs your character can do. As it stands, making a legal income outside of an official salary faction is very difficult with the current jobs such as Farming, Bus Driver e.c.t being very monotonous.

Given the recent events, if a business owner gets banned then the manager or the one who contributed paying for that business should continue to manage it and run it as his own instead of having admins taking over the business, restocking it and not giving the manager shit, despite the RP despite the contracts despite the manager paying let's say $16.000.000 for a gas station at Mirror Park that somehow is now run by admins and not the manager after the owner's ban.

Edited by Papadakis
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Papadakis said:

Given the recent events, if a business owner gets banned then the manager or the one who contributed paying for that business should continue to manage it and run it as his own instead of having admins taking over the business, restocking it and not giving the manager shit, despite the RP despite the contracts despite the manager paying let's say $16.000.000 for a gas station at Mirror Park that somehow is now run by admins and not the manager after the owner's ban.

All banned owners properties should just be put up for auction regardless of contracts signed. It was the players choice to get into business with a player who ended up being banned. If people share a house or other assets and then somebody gets banned they don't just get them transferred. In the past we always see these businesses go up for auction shortly after the player is banned. It is pretty shocking that we are making an exception here and the business has STILL not been auctioned, it is one of the premier gas stations in the city. I wonder if the owner was a crim we would have these same protections in place...

30 minutes ago, Destuin said:

All banned owners properties should just be put up for auction regardless of contracts signed. It was the players choice to get into business with a player who ended up being banned. If people share a house or other assets and then somebody gets banned they don't just get them transferred. In the past we always see these businesses go up for auction shortly after the player is banned. It is pretty shocking that we are making an exception here and the business has STILL not been auctioned, it is one of the premier gas stations in the city. I wonder if the owner was a crim we would have these same protections in place...

Not that I'm privy to all (or even most) ban dates, the time to auction always seems to take a long time, does it not?

3 minutes ago, Jleoni said:

Not that I'm privy to all (or even most) ban dates, the time to auction always seems to take a long time, does it not?

Ye they tend to take a long time, generally not as long from memory for "big" properties like gas stations and general stores. However based off papadakis previous comment, there seems to be more going on with the ownership of mirror park gas. Staff also have been very quiet when several people have checked it will still be going up for auction....