MarmadukeJinx

New toll booth from Paleto

What an excellent idea that was. Totally destroyed the money truck job as Paleto runs were the only thing that made the job worthwhile. Now you lose half your money in tolls. And of course, it's so realistic to expect the employee to pay all the expenses. If you want to add toll booths, make scripted jobs get through them free or credit the money back somehow. This server is getting worse with every "good" idea.

50 minutes ago, MarmadukeJinx said:

What an excellent idea that was. Totally destroyed the money truck job as Paleto runs were the only thing that made the job worthwhile. Now you lose half your money in tolls. And of course, it's so realistic to expect the employee to pay all the expenses. If you want to add toll booths, make scripted jobs get through them free or credit the money back somehow. This server is getting worse with every "good" idea.

If you’re on a script job you get through for free. 

Did the stats thing and it didn't charge but I'm pretty certain I did that exercise at the western toll booth and it did, may have been a bug but I'll try it again.

Still, it ruins the flow of traffic, could this not have been done like you do speed cameras?

Edited by MarmadukeJinx
Can't spell.

11 minutes ago, MarmadukeJinx said:

Did the stats thing and it didn't charge but I'm pretty certain I did that exercise at the western toll booth and it did, may have been a bug but I'll try it again.

Still, it ruins the flow of traffic, could this not have been done like you do speed cameras?

If you do find that it charges you when on a job, post screenshot proof as a bug report 🙂
Also as for the bit about it ruining the flow of traffic...it's hardly causing traffic jams for the odd car that goes down that highway every few minutes. 
If anything it just makes some new RP opportunities for example I saw some gang members running one the other day and had some great banter. 

23 minutes ago, MarmadukeJinx said:

First time I saw the new one was when I hit it at 110.

Honestly, I do think the tolls itself are fine, but maybe they could place a few more signs and stuff so it's not just a toll smashed on a freeway 😄 Like some slow down signs quite a bit before you approach them.

I'm saying this off the dome without much forethought but I wish the ability to break the bar would be possible for vehicles with "ram bars" on the front. This could be a misdemeanor crime and give SD something to look out for. Tollbooth workers could call the cops and report the vehicle involved. 

Especially for pursuits?

Edited by davidw

6 hours ago, GWXCORE said:

I thought they made it nonrp for criminals to do the job? We got yelled at when triads would do the toll job

It’s NRP for crims (and everyone else) to abuse the booth by letting some through and others not, like gang v gang chase or pd v gang chase. 

17 hours ago, GWXCORE said:

I thought they made it nonrp for criminals to do the job? We got yelled at when triads would do the toll job

There is IC regulations for criminals operating the toll booth. I've seen it been used multiple times by crims to help their friends evade police, and I have never seen one report come out of it.

3 hours ago, GWXCORE said:

Myself and a few other triads were told off about working toll booth oocly by an admin. I dont remember who it was though. Admittedly it was poor rp to /dice for double toll and such,  but my understanding of the admin at the time was working it at all as a crim was nonrp

Just fyi. https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewtopic.php?f=641&t=49451
That is the "official" ic rules on it.

In theory there is loads of things a crim can do to take advantage of tolls.
And many of these idea's are unrealistic.
If you do not charge toll to half the vehicles they would not let you get that job again.
Or if you abuse your position in any other way.

I'll hold my hands up and say that I stand corrected.

I will ask this though, can you not make the box where you have to be positioned to pay the toll a bit bigger? In the money truck you have to almost touch the bar to pay and the slightest featherlike touch to the barrier seems to break the headlights on this heavily armoured truck.  Just saying.