Cyrus Raven

Make LifeInvader relevant again

Ever since the launch of Lifeinvader as a social media platform for players it has slowly died down, only a few people still actively post and participate. While I had hopes traffic would increase out of player's own initiative it sadly doesn't seem to be the case. Therefore I suggest the following.

- Move the advertisement section of the forums to Lifeinvader, any people looking to sell/buy vehicles, houses, items, properties would post there. Equally, any adverts about events and other non-material things would also be advertised there, 

This would have to come with something similar to facebook market place to make it actually feel like a proper advertisement section.

- City message board: Implement a message board like feature where people can chat in real time, whether it is meeting new people, an alternative place to buy/sell stuff or a place to allow criminals to pass on secret messages, this would allow people to chat about well, anything. (absent any rule breaks, meta gaming, etc...). This could also give law enforcement another thing to keep an eye out for, gather clues, etc...

- Make the app log in persistent and notifications integrated into chat/phone. If someone logs into LifeInvader in-game they should be able to retain this log-in without having to sign-in every time. Secondly, if someone comments/likes/posts (assuming you follow someone), have a sound/ping/notification on phone/notification in chat go off, keeping people engaged in the app.

These are just a few brain storm ideas, I'm sure people have plenty of other ideas on how to better use and revitalize this interesting social media platform. Feel free to share them bellow!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

- Move the advertisement section of the forums to Lifeinvader, any people looking to sell/buy vehicles, houses, items, properties would post there. Equally, any adverts about events and other non-material things would also be advertised there, 

+1, I believe the LTU server has migrated its forum IC advertisement section to lifeinvader and I think this server would benefit from it also. 
The first few weeks of lifeinvader was really good and I would love to see some love go to it

3 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

+1 Move as much IC as we can to the platform, such as the market. Make advertisements bought ICly rather than real money. Make posts expire, the absolute worst part is just seeing a post from 6 months ago at the top, don't care how VIP you are, it shouldn't be a thing.

I think that's just a straight up bug. I only bought vip for the first month and my promoted posts are still there circulating.
100% agree overall though for moving advertisements to lifeinvader (even if the OOC rule is that it must have the #advertisement hashtag or something so they can be pooled together or a facebook marketplace kinda deal as mentioned above)

46 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

allow more lowkey / crim features on it similar to the concept of dark web

That was my thinking with the message board option. On the surface everyone can use it, but through extensive RP people might use it for illegal deals and communication with code words that are decided IC, Law Enforcement would have to crack this if they want to figure out what is being said. 

+1

Life Invader is one of our most powerful, community connection, IC tools and fills the gaps of what we have ingame.

It was big for a short amount of time, then kinda fell out of popularity. However, it is the most powerful, IC tool we have to communicate information across the community. Life Invader is still used regularly, but we should remove restrictions and permit further IC usage. Why not even move IC (forum) ads to Life Invader only, permit factions to communicate there about what’s going on, share radio frequencies. Create pages/websites, plan events, do polls, could even do auctions, have sale boards and so much more. Again, it’s one of our most powerful, centralized ‘social’ tools that we are severely underutilizing and could help consolidate a ton of great things into one platform we could easily moderate.

• Upvote 3

Hey, thanks for the suggestion.

2 of the 3 points have been implemented. The Third point is tricky due to the limitations given by the platform that the site is hosted on. There is a possibility that this can be implemented in the futue, but at this current time it will not be implemented.

Suggestion Locked & Archived.