Griffin White

Ability to break into homes.

I believe the addition of forcibly entering homes could add a lot of good crim RP to the server, and of course it could be randomly generated loot so that it wont affect random players and push them to not want to play. Of course it would be much more difficult than pick locking a car.. This could bring new ways for criminals to make money seeing how most of the criminal work in the server today is not very practical to make a living off of unless you are in a big faction that can run shipments. It would be nice if we could at least create a system where you could just break into "fake" houses. 

Edited by Griffin White
  • YAY 1
  • NAY 5

I don't think that creating a system that will punish people for not being online is a good thing. Before when cars didn't despawn, people still had the option of parking them to keep them safe, but there is no way to park a house and it would just lead to a lot of unhappy people who end up losing stuff with no way to retaliate.

There could be a system that when you break into a house it takes you to a open house that isn't occupied by a player (Random generated loot)

This would allow players to become burgulars and break into homes. and every so often a alarm goes off alerting the police.

Loot options could be:
Drugs, Jewelry,Random trash loot e.g food, with a rare chance of guns etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/21/2020 at 3:10 AM, Tyler West said:

There could be a system that when you break into a house it takes you to a open house that isn't occupied by a player (Random generated loot)

This would allow players to become burgulars and break into homes. and every so often a alarm goes off alerting the police.

Loot options could be:
Drugs, Jewelry,Random trash loot e.g food, with a rare chance of guns etc.

This is exactly what im saying.

On 12/21/2020 at 3:02 AM, DrPathetic said:

-1 for pretty much what Ceasar said
punishing people that are offline is unfun. There's better solutions for adding activities for crims to do than things that people offline can't deal with.

Yes but as tyler said, it could be random generated loot.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:28 AM, Griffin White said:

I believe the addition of forcibly entering homes could add a lot of good crim RP to the server, and of course it could be randomly generated loot so that it wont affect random players and push them to not want to play. Of course it would be much more difficult than pick locking a car.. This could bring new ways for criminals to make money seeing how most of the criminal work in the server today is not very practical to make a living off of unless you are in a big faction that can run shipments. It would be nice if we could at least create a system where you could just break into "fake" houses. 

no. 🙂

• Like 1

I don't think its good for immersion to have 'Randomly generated loot' in houses as apposed to what is actually inside. What make houses special in my opinion is that they are physical real-estate containing actual items that have been worked for.
Breaking this continuity would take so much from the feeling of owning a house.

• Like 2

I see how this could give criminals another option for income, but giving players random scripted instances when breaking into a house another player actually owns would really take out 99% of the RP since this would mostly be a solo task, further encouraging a mindless money grind instead of role-playing with other players.

+1 

I would say that the option of breaking into peoples homes would only be available if they're online, as I see why it's unfair when they'r offline. I would disagree with the random loot script as people could just abuse the system and generate free resources from it. Also adding an option for officers to sell house alarms (Optional) so that people could install it into their homes and receive notification (Likewise pick locking a vehicle) that someone is breaking into their house. The house burglary I would say felt more appropriate if it took over 5 minutes to do so. Obviously  in real life scenario you can just smash a window and get inside, but obviously no one would do that as there would be neighbors near.

However I believe this could be implemented differently and might actually work. You wouldn't want the server to become like a Rust server where every time you log off, you expect everything you own to have vanished the day after.

Much like bank robberies, there could be very strict requirements like attempting once every 8 hours, making it so the owner has to be online, that a door alarm sounds all the time and that you need a prior RP reason to break into the house (Rule 15). This could possibly open up some interesting barricading roleplay. With this they'd need to add it so drills can drill through safes too.

The idea of having randomly generated NPC houses to rob with randomised isn't great though. It takes away the element of player interaction which needs to be promoted.