GR_Seb

[Suggestion] AFK Math extention. [1 hour]

I've been in Eclipse Roleplay since 2019 and I've noticed that the logged in users haven't exeeted the 700. Given that our normal population is around 400 and the server has 1000 slots,  I would like to suggest the AFK Math to happen every 60 minutes.  It's just annoying the way it is now and it's not that the server has 900 players so we have to stick with those who're active. It's okay, AFK math every 60 minutes is not going to be that annoying.

Edited by Papadakis
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

I would much rather the afk timer be modified to pick up different actions for afk detection. Currently it is based on movement from point X, which is where the AFK triggered. Allowing for text chat to reset the AFK timer would be a nice start, so if you are sitting in one spot in RP, you dont have to worry about doing something. This could be extended to server commands/world interaction/VOIP.

I would like for a AFK timer for factions, going to start with the obvious, PD. There is a very large amount of OOC activities that people do and it is a pain to want to get hours in while doing something in your browser. Could be a command as simple as /paperwork, which would make you unable to be afk kicked. Main reason is that we sit on the radio frequency as is, so can't hide away from people and due to the highest staff concentration on the server, would be easiest to monitor for abuse. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

I would much rather the afk timer be modified to pick up different actions for afk detection.

Also having /me and /do or X characters sent in char count towards it would be a much better option generally speaking. The bit you mention about paperwork is also good, the amount of stuff I need to do on the forums in another screen is a bit of a pain to keep up with.

Big -1

I don't see how allowing people to afk for up to an hour will improve issues with AFK players in places such as prison. 

I'd instead change the way it detects if you are AFK, for example if you are doing several /mes, or actively playing poker, it shouldn't pop up at all. But a blanket 60 minute of full afk? Big no.

• Like 2
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

Big -1

I don't see how allowing people to afk for up to an hour will improve issues with AFK players in places such as prison. 

I'd instead change the way it detects if you are AFK, for example if you are doing several /mes, or actively playing poker, it shouldn't pop up at all. But a blanket 60 minute of full afk? Big no.

Agreed, I think a better solution would maybe to reset the AFK script timer each time a game input is given. IE When fishing. If someone is actively fishing it should be resetting the timer. 

Generally just some extra parameters that reset the timer would be a huge improvement.

As Alexalex as said a 60minute AFK timer? - This is 60 minutes for someone to contribute absolutely no RP what so ever to the server so why should they be on the server doing nothing for 60 minutes? There may be exception where this would help but i think the cons outweigh the pros by making the time 60mins. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.