Alllbyyy

about the jail time

So first of all wanna thank you to read this forum post.

Jail time on ECRP:

i think the jail time too big like there are people who come online to have some fun. it's still a game. For example when you go in a chase with the police that charge to run away from the police is 15min or something because every time I go into a chase I have to go in jail for hours and nobody likes to be 2hours AFK. It just has to change about the jail time because it is too much if this stays that way no one will run away from the police anymore and I think the PD will find it boring to chase warrenrs only.

Prison rp:

Prison rp is so boring when i go to jail i see either no one or i see everyone go afk something has to change about prison rp. that the DOC also does something with the prisoners do something fun or just can do more activities in prison the only thing you can do is collect stamps and that's all. And also what is important is that you can finish your dept in prison for example you do something in prison and you get stamps and then when you are done with your jail time you can deliver your stamps and then receive money.

What do you guys think about this situation.

Greetings 

Alberto

alberto.png

Edited by AlbertoPanchino
  • Like 1
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 6

Hey Alberto my man,
I always like to chime in on these discussions that mention DOC. 
I have voiced my concern in many discussions and suggestions on the forum about the lack of activities for inmates to do, The DOC do try and do RP opportunities with inmates when we can but obviously number of online officers vs number of inmates in prison is usually the deciding factor as to how interactive we can be. If there's any suggestions you have from an RP standpoint of DOC guards feel free to let us know as we do like feedback from people who main criminal characters. 

I do really think the prison needs some love when it comes to script activities as the way it currently is, the mining is 1-2 players max doing it before the ore's all gone and doesn't respawn for a fair while which doesn't really make it very viable (Even something as basic as changing the spawn rate based on number of online inmates). 

This below thread is a great suggestion you might want to consider throwing a +1 at.

As for the jail time part of the discussion I can't really talk much about it as my criminal character does not go to jail often so I don't really have many opinions on that bit.

• Upvote 3

Personally I don't think the jail times should change much. It's a game yes, but a roleplaying one. When you commit serious crimes, you should also be willing to accept the time you get put in jail for it. I do however agree on the fact that the activities in the prison are very limited and should have a new look at, in a same way @DrPathetic above me implies. It shouldn't be an AFK-fest, there should still be lots of roleplaying opportunities, albeit limited ones (because hey, you're in a prison!). 

• Upvote 2

Agree on the RP options, i try to rp with other inmates when im in the slammer, but rarely am able to do so, and rping with prisonguards i have done only once or twice, because i see them only when being transfered into prison.

Jailtime in my opinion is good as is.

As a pro prison RPr once you are placed into Gen-Pop you do not get much more RP other than the new players that punch you.
Normally people just AFK and watch Netflix as the guards don't interact with the prisoners either. 
It would be great for more jobs to be added to the prison or for the guards to do more RP with the prisoners.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, DrPathetic said:

Hey Alberto my man,
I always like to chime in on these discussions that mention DOC. 
I have voiced my concern in many discussions and suggestions on the forum about the lack of activities for inmates to do, The DOC do try and do RP opportunities with inmates when we can but obviously number of online officers vs number of inmates in prison is usually the deciding factor as to how interactive we can be. If there's any suggestions you have from an RP standpoint of DOC guards feel free to let us know as we do like feedback from people who main criminal characters. 

I do really think the prison needs some love when it comes to script activities as the way it currently is, the mining is 1-2 players max doing it before the ore's all gone and doesn't respawn for a fair while which doesn't really make it very viable (Even something as basic as changing the spawn rate based on number of online inmates). 

This below thread is a great suggestion you might want to consider throwing a +1 at.

As for the jail time part of the discussion I can't really talk much about it as my criminal character does not go to jail often so I don't really have many opinions on that bit.

Hello Pink hair 

I stand behind you one hundred percent in prison it is just boring no one does anything only the new players who just everyone punch. that is the only thing that is fun there just have to be more activities in prison.

alberto.png

14 hours ago, Roderick said:

Personally I don't think the jail times should change much. It's a game yes, but a roleplaying one. When you commit serious crimes, you should also be willing to accept the time you get put in jail for it. I do however agree on the fact that the activities in the prison are very limited and should have a new look at, in a same way @DrPathetic above me implies. It shouldn't be an AFK-fest, there should still be lots of roleplaying opportunities, albeit limited ones (because hey, you're in a prison!). 

Hey Roderick

yes if you do criminal activities then you should also expect that if you are caught that you will go to prison but the problem is nobody wants to go to prison for 4 hours, which is a bit too exaggerated or not. 2 hours okay but I have heard that people spend more than 6 hours in prison is too exaggerated.

alberto.png

25 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

I think something that would help would have doc guards mixing in a little more with prisoners. There has been a lot of times were I have only seen doc guards when they were booking and them brining new people in and then they run away. 

Yea only see like doc guards just bringing people in prison and they leave and go afk. 

alberto.png

1 hour ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

Yea only see like doc guards just bringing people in prison and they leave and go afk. 

alberto.png

This is not true, we do crack down on officers that afk as it's salary farming.
But yeah as @Jbacon said, there needs to be some give and take as the way it currently stands we cannot enter the cellblock without a significant numbers advantage due to how inmates choose to rp a lot of the time. (most of the time it's "Guards have entered, lets attack them all" and a bunch of DM)
Inmates should also be responsible for trying to have some fun RP with guards also

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrPathetic said:

This is not true, we do crack down on officers that afk as it's salary farming.
But yeah as @Jbacon said, there needs to be some give and take as the way it currently stands we cannot enter the cellblock without a significant numbers advantage due to how inmates choose to rp a lot of the time. (most of the time it's "Guards have entered, lets attack them all" and a bunch of DM)
Inmates should also be responsible for trying to have some fun RP with guards also

Yea ofcourse i understand but the most times when i go to prison the prison the guards they just put me in prison and that is everything i am not talking about all  DOC guards. But the most are just afk and when i am done with my jail time when i need my stuff back i need to wait always 10-15mins tell somebody come and give my stuff back.

And yea ofcourse if there like only 1-3 Guards on duty i understand there would be not a lot of rp.

That is why i ask that maybe something need to change in prison more activities need to be ad.

alberto.png

To start i have worked for the DOC which was some of the best times over my time on Eclipse and also meeting some of the best people in my gaming career, Since loosing my job with the DOC due to IRL issues and only having one character at the time and then turning to a life of crime i can understand from the point of view of the inmates aswell as a ex guard, me my self in many situation inside of prison both good and bad situations you get brought to the jail booked in you get changed and in you go that`s about all the interactions there is with the guards you never really see them don`t get me wrong there is a select few guards that interact but from my point of view is rare I personally try to interact and i get "ill be back in a minute" and never come back they will never come inside the cell block to interact unless its to lock down or put someone in solitary etc and this is when there is alot of guards around... , probably due to the fact all there is to do is for inmates to plan a attack on guards or try to break out, From a guards point of view i would not want to go in constantly just to be took hostage which is the only Rp i see inside lately, but i would want to go in and interact to RP different things with inmates... there is some really good suggestions out there just hope they can be made true and see the DOC improve for guards and for the inmates, i guess we all need to remember at the end of the day it is a jail after all, maybe thinking about adding something to help to curve the amount of attacks on guards then maybe they would be able to come in to RP with everyone and having some things to do that can be done inside with guards able to activate it when they can do them safely rewarding in stamps or whatever, but again i posted this just to have my say in what i see as an inmate thats in more than im out and ex guard.

Edited by Stephen Black

3 hours ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

Yea ofcourse i understand but the most times when i go to prison the prison the guards they just put me in prison and that is everything i am not talking about all  DOC guards. But the most are just afk and when i am done with my jail time when i need my stuff back i need to wait always 10-15mins tell somebody come and give my stuff back.

And yea ofcourse if there like only 1-3 Guards on duty i understand there would be not a lot of rp.

That is why i ask that maybe something need to change in prison more activities need to be ad.

alberto.png

As DOC guard I can tell you, that always like always there is about 1-3 guards around when I am on duty and in no way I would go into a cellblock full of inmates (from 3-9) as I know how it would end everyone DMing me down. I agree with idea to implement more RP options and so on, but most prisoners come to jail and perform roleplay like ''/do s ? '' My point is that those who come to prison should perform RP by themselves for other to get into it as now the only RP is running cuffed and after 6 tazer shots still sprinting like Usain Bolt, other do some Houdini tricks and glitching out through the walls and the majority is standing AFK. I would be glad to perform more RP with inmates if it's not gonna be RP about me getting powergamed and DM'd there. Thanks thats only my opinion have a nice day mates I wish you the best 🙂 (And sorry for english not a native still learning 😄

2 hours ago, Frezas said:

As DOC guard I can tell you, that always like always there is about 1-3 guards around when I am on duty and in no way I would go into a cellblock full of inmates (from 3-9) as I know how it would end everyone DMing me down. I agree with idea to implement more RP options and so on, but most prisoners come to jail and perform roleplay like ''/do s ? '' My point is that those who come to prison should perform RP by themselves for other to get into it as now the only RP is running cuffed and after 6 tazer shots still sprinting like Usain Bolt, other do some Houdini tricks and glitching out through the walls and the majority is standing AFK. I would be glad to perform more RP with inmates if it's not gonna be RP about me getting powergamed and DM'd there. Thanks thats only my opinion have a nice day mates I wish you the best 🙂 (And sorry for english not a native still learning 😄

I mean again just relays the point that things there need to change whilst in there and change fast to give better rp experience for everyone.. but i agree with everything you said also myself falling to the boring times inside find myself stuck in the same RP whilst inside.

Edited by Stephen Black

10 hours ago, Frezas said:

Yes for sure i understand if you guys are not with a lot of people on duty i understand that you cant go in the cellblocks.

So that is why there need to ad something because nobody likes to go to prison for a chase for like 2hours for just a chase that is a lot.

I've got a few suggestions to make DoC interesting and not a place to just afk at when you're caught (which everyone almost does unless they're assaulting you for your stamps)

(Prison items)

There should be items added to the exchange shop that makes work worth doing.

1) Toothbrushes

These would be objects able to be crafted in multiple ways or used RPly. One function would obviously be turning it into a prison shank, but would have the same load time as opening cash from a 24/7. The player would be scratching it against the floors concrete surface and have a progression bar until it's an operable shank that would break down after so many uses. Prisoners could warn guards of the shank in progress in they were afraid, and the shank would only have enough durability to kill 1 person. 

Another use of the toothbrush could be to use two of them to make a jerry-rigged lockpick. From there, doors with non electronic locks could be picked. This would ensure guards aren't just there on their down time and that the prison would always be populated(Guard wise), that players have non external methods of escaping (but risk having their sentence lengthened tremendously) 

2) An MP3 player

Simply put this would allow those who've done hard labor to afford some music to listen to, usually workers in prisons do earn privilege's like these sometimes.  

(regarding prison items in general, your inventory should automatically go in the evidence locker or a protocol should be set up to give players a duffle bag if they don't have one to put all their items in for storage until their sentences are up)

(Work/exchanging stamps)

The work to stamp ratio is not worth it, 100 stamps is worth 10 seconds. 100 stamps should be 20-40 seconds at the least. The initial stamp ration could give players the option to cut less than 5 minutes off their sentence automatically, or to exchange it for work tools to earn more stamps. There needs to be more ores to mine as to not cause a survival of the fittest on working to earn stamps, this occurs when there are more than three people who want to mine ores. Most people usually do time for evasion and theft, and wanting to actually do the grind work might rehabilitate them into being honest laborer's. 

• Upvote 3

@McLovin1257
Toothbrush shanks
I really like this idea, something that can be bought with stamps with a relatively long action timer that could be formed into a knife-like weapon. Not a lot of people do good smuggling RP so usually the only weapons in the cell block are when PD/SD do not fully search someone when there's no DOC guards about and put them in prison which is very rare. This type of make-shift weapon would be a nice script addition. I would say enough for X stabs though as opposed to enough to kill one person, either way some sort of durability based on connected hits would make a lot of sense. 
The bit I'm not sure about is the lockpick thing as the only door that would fit that description is the cell doors (which I can see a justification for if you're on lockdown or something) or the airlock door. I don't think it would facilitate a prison breakout that much as pretty much all the doors in the prison beside the ones mentioned are electronic locks (for now).

"This would ensure guards aren't just there on their down time and that the prison would always be populated(Guard wise)"
This statement is a little misinformed. We are not just there on down-time. When we have enough people available and a decent ratio of guards:inmates, we have been recently pushing more officer presence in the cell block and I can guarantee that's something you will be seeing more of in the coming weeks also. Something I am heavily pushing. But currently, the main times there's no officers about is due to them doing other duties such as transports, processing, visitations, or helping people at front desk with a combining factor of the number online at the time. But as I said, this officer presence in the cellblock specifically is something our faction is working on so I do want to see some give and take from inmates in making it possible for officers to be in the cell block so there's some fun RP both sides that's not just the usual attempted hostage situation without prison break permissions or random attacking. 

MP3 Player
This is a awesome idea should the speaker system start working again. A low-radius version of a speaker for people to vibe to that wouldn't irritate the rest of the cell block.

Prisoners Items

So we recently got access to the /accesslocker command that PD and SD have, meaning we have lockers that are tied to characters (for example /accesslocker John_Doe) with a large inventory per person that we stick everything we take off inmates when processing now. This is relatively new a few weeks ago but we have been using it for everyone we process. So all items that fit our criteria are stored here to be retrieved. Granted, I do understand that there's not guards available 24/7 (also the front desk buzzer only works when a guard is in that specific interior part of the prison, not everywhere so we cannot tell when someone is at front desk all the time) but whether you ask for your items right after your sentence is over, or days or weeks after, or 4 prison sentences after, the items will all be stored in said locker system now so the common issue of items being lost or deleted on server restart is no longer a problem. I don't really think it should be fully automated as I think the window for corrupt guards yoinking peoples items and the little bit of RP taking and handing items back generates is good.

Work & Stamps
I 1000% agree with your message about the stamps.
I've mentioned it briefly in other areas on the forum but the ore generation is abysmal for anything more than 1 inmate at a time to mine and the time it takes to make your stamps back from buying the pickaxe alone is not worth it. Coupled with the fact you don't get government salary in prison this is literally your only way to make money during that time which even if you're the only one mining, isn't anywhere near close to the government hourly salary. The time you get off with stamps is also absolutely not worth it. 20 minutes to make 500 stamps which takes 1 minute if that off your sentence is not worth the time. And on the subject of stamps, poker is a 1.5k stamps buy-in. They absolutely need a rework.

Obviously the main issue with stamps is they convert to pocket cash 1:1 when you're released so they don't want it to be an abused feature but it still needs changing. My suggestions for stamps are as follows:

• Lower poker buy-in to 500 so if you wish to waste your 'free' stamps for a gamble, you can
  • Increase ore generation 
  • Give the ability for certain ranks (probably command) of guards to be able to give out stamps for good behavior. - Taken out of the faction treasury with an allotted budget for a week that can be ICly tracked
  • The obvious common one is more script work that rewards stamps and also can create more RP opportunities such as washing clothes, cooking, cleaning. Especially when the interior gets updated
  • Be able to buy stamps for money from your bank, maybe at a costly ratio e.g. buy 1000 stamps for $1,500 - This would have the risk of inmates taking them should you get into a genuine fight (I don't mean a stupid random deathmatch) but also allow for poker entertainment at the very least. If this was a thing there'd need to be a cap on how much time off you can buy off with stamps so rich criminals couldn't just buy their way out of a triple murder and kidnapping charge (or y'know just tie time being reduced with doing large amounts of work if more script work was added)
Edited by DrPathetic
  • Upvote 4

15 hours ago, DrPathetic said:

@McLovin1257
Toothbrush shanks
I really like this idea, something that can be bought with stamps with a relatively long action timer that could be formed into a knife-like weapon. Not a lot of people do good smuggling RP so usually the only weapons in the cell block are when PD/SD do not fully search someone when there's no DOC guards about and put them in prison which is very rare. This type of make-shift weapon would be a nice script addition. I would say enough for X stabs though as opposed to enough to kill one person, either way some sort of durability based on connected hits would make a lot of sense. 
The bit I'm not sure about is the lockpick thing as the only door that would fit that description is the cell doors (which I can see a justification for if you're on lockdown or something) or the airlock door. I don't think it would facilitate a prison breakout that much as pretty much all the doors in the prison beside the ones mentioned are electronic locks (for now).

"This would ensure guards aren't just there on their down time and that the prison would always be populated(Guard wise)"
This statement is a little misinformed. We are not just there on down-time. When we have enough people available and a decent ratio of guards:inmates, we have been recently pushing more officer presence in the cell block and I can guarantee that's something you will be seeing more of in the coming weeks also. Something I am heavily pushing. But currently, the main times there's no officers about is due to them doing other duties such as transports, processing, visitations, or helping people at front desk with a combining factor of the number online at the time. But as I said, this officer presence in the cellblock specifically is something our faction is working on so I do want to see some give and take from inmates in making it possible for officers to be in the cell block so there's some fun RP both sides that's not just the usual attempted hostage situation without prison break permissions or random attacking. 

MP3 Player
This is a awesome idea should the speaker system start working again. A low-radius version of a speaker for people to vibe to that wouldn't irritate the rest of the cell block.

Prisoners Items

So we recently got access to the /accesslocker command that PD and SD have, meaning we have lockers that are tied to characters (for example /accesslocker John_Doe) with a large inventory per person that we stick everything we take off inmates when processing now. This is relatively new a few weeks ago but we have been using it for everyone we process. So all items that fit our criteria are stored here to be retrieved. Granted, I do understand that there's not guards available 24/7 (also the front desk buzzer only works when a guard is in that specific interior part of the prison, not everywhere so we cannot tell when someone is at front desk all the time) but whether you ask for your items right after your sentence is over, or days or weeks after, or 4 prison sentences after, the items will all be stored in said locker system now so the common issue of items being lost or deleted on server restart is no longer a problem. I don't really think it should be fully automated as I think the window for corrupt guards yoinking peoples items and the little bit of RP taking and handing items back generates is good.

Work & Stamps
I 1000% agree with your message about the stamps.
I've mentioned it briefly in other areas on the forum but the ore generation is abysmal for anything more than 1 inmate at a time to mine and the time it takes to make your stamps back from buying the pickaxe alone is not worth it. Coupled with the fact you don't get government salary in prison this is literally your only way to make money during that time which even if you're the only one mining, isn't anywhere near close to the government hourly salary. The time you get off with stamps is also absolutely not worth it. 20 minutes to make 500 stamps which takes 1 minute if that off your sentence is not worth the time. And on the subject of stamps, poker is a 1.5k stamps buy-in. They absolutely need a rework.

Obviously the main issue with stamps is they convert to pocket cash 1:1 when you're released so they don't want it to be an abused feature but it still needs changing. My suggestions for stamps are as follows:

• Lower poker buy-in to 500 so if you wish to waste your 'free' stamps for a gamble, you can
  • Increase ore generation 
  • Give the ability for certain ranks (probably command) of guards to be able to give out stamps for good behavior. - Taken out of the faction treasury with an allotted budget for a week that can be ICly tracked
  • The obvious common one is more script work that rewards stamps and also can create more RP opportunities such as washing clothes, cooking, cleaning. Especially when the interior gets updated
  • Be able to buy stamps for money from your bank, maybe at a costly ratio e.g. buy 1000 stamps for $1,500 - This would have the risk of inmates taking them should you get into a genuine fight (I don't mean a stupid random deathmatch) but also allow for poker entertainment at the very least. If this was a thing there'd need to be a cap on how much time off you can buy off with stamps so rich criminals couldn't just buy their way out of a triple murder and kidnapping charge (or y'know just tie time being reduced with doing large amounts of work if more script work was added)

Glad you like the toothbrush idea! When it comes to the lockpicking you are right, most doors are electronic and there are very few doors that'd match my description. A lockpicking and breakout system for prisoners would be interesting, but would take a lot of work to overhaul the prison. It'd be a fun idea if it could ever be implemented because most people who want a breakout usually have to get in contact with a player from the outside; and usually plan it in advance. Forgive me on my statement regarding DoC activity, the times i've been inside are usually during low player hours, so that's more than likely why I haven't seen as many guards. 

A money to stamp exchange would be awesome though, I like the ratio 1500$ for every 1000 stamps. This really wouldn't require a lot of scripting, nor would lowering the gambling limit for stamps. If the minimum was 100 to 200 stamps to play poker; I have a feeling a lot more people would be down to play poker inside. 500 is way better than the 1500 currently required though. I really like the guards awarding good behavior with stamps though, it could certainly make for some fun RP situations. 

Regarding a cap on how much time you can remove, I can dig it. However just as in real America, San Andreas is a semi plutocracy. It's understandable that players with more money would have the advantage to take more time off than a poorer one who'd have to work for it; but there should be a cap or a work related system that ties into it. 

(If the interior was changed, there could be a lot more jobs and work offered to prisoners. I like the idea of them cooking, washing clothes, and other general prison work besides the usual break rocks in the yard)

Edited by McLovin1257

i agree with the jailtime it is a very long time for felony evasion like 5k in sec top of it is public endangerment that's 6k sec there that needs to change.

2 the prison rp is good in a way i do rp with the doc people i throw 8 balls at em and go to solitary but after im done solitary im stuck in the hallway and that's really boring.  i think u should spawn outside of md bay cell door. 

@McLovin1257
Don't worry about the activity comment, it's a very recent thing that we're shaking up to improve prison RP but expect changes in prison when possible from guards point of view as we'll be pushing for a lot more interaction (But also a lot more reporting of people who randomly DM, or take hostages without prison break permissions or a good enough RP reason). 

And yeah I just suggested 500 as a minimum since that's how much people get but the number can be tweaked specifically for something better I was just spitballing really.

16 hours ago, McLovin1257 said:

(If the interior was changed, there could be a lot more jobs and work offered to prisoners. I like the idea of them cooking, washing clothes, and other general prison work besides the usual break rocks in the yard)

When the interior is changed (soon™ 👀) There will at the very least, be more options for RP opportunities for things like prison jobs like washing, cleaning, cooking etc. Whether or not these will have script support for stamps is unknown but I can guarantee that from my faction we will be utilising all new resources to offer some more varying RP.

4 hours ago, Itssmegol58 said:

i agree with the jailtime it is a very long time for felony evasion like 5k in sec top of it is public endangerment that's 6k sec there that needs to change.

2 the prison rp is good in a way i do rp with the doc people i throw 8 balls at em and go to solitary but after im done solitary im stuck in the hallway and that's really boring.  i think u should spawn outside of md bay cell door. 

Felony evasion is a 60 minute charge and so is felony public endangerment. Look at the penal code but this is very much in line with other charges. The misdemeanors you can get that are vehicle related vary from 10-30 minutes and then the felonies are 60-90 basically making a clear difference between the lower crimes and the more serious ones. I personally don't think these need adjusting and that instead the focus should be on what can be done to fill that time. I am trying to shift the mentality that prison is an OOC punishment for peolpe to go AFK or have a DM fest and as outlined earlier, my faction is taking steps towards that so you'll hopefully see the change over time.

I agree solitary is boring, that actually feels like an OOC punishment so we're making IC changes on how that is used. As for the bug where solitary get released in the hallway thats annoying I believe there's a bug report up about it somewhere, if not ill put it up. They should be released into the cell block imo. Feel free to shout or /Ldo them saying an inmate was released from solitary so they can take you back it's all we can do for now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This issue makes for quite an interesting topic. I'll chime in, even though I'm relatively new to the server. 

My character apparently has a tendency of getting into prison a fair bit for his lifetime ICly. As someone who wishes to start out and interact with the world and criminal environment, I would require funds, as the value of the currency is literally nothing. And start-up crime really doesn't pay. (We can't all be cops.) Most expensive burgers of my life. 😄 But I digress. 

First and foremost, time spent in prison with active interaction (non-afk at least) is really long. I understand devoted RPers tend to lean towards OOCly reprimands, but doing an entire IRL work shift within a single prison sentence is just hilarious. RP or not, a game is still a game and it should incentivize people to do SOMETHING. These should be shortened to something far more reasonable, while at the same time making it a memorable experience. My first visit was kinda cool, 4 hours but the guards were plenty and interacting. Still, it's 4 out of my daily 24, and I'd seriously prefer to spend them with my friends, rather than random 'REEEEE' individuals. 

Suggestion? Reading rights is cool, but why not make a court hearing? Having a lawyer would be neat, and actually getting trialed awesome. Might get you bailed out too! Given that you are detained during that time period, it should be taken into consideration while calculating the sentence. It sure beats getting screamed at by other prisoners who just want to DM, and you can't really make a case or report every time that happens. Time consuming for the admins, breaks the RP atmosphere... all the usual jazz. 

Maybe implement a prison tattoo artist? Designs you can only get in prison (that perhaps prevent you from getting a 'normal' job would be awesome tho'). Prejudice is kinda real. 

To make it up for lessening the time spent in prison, a system can be created which prevents a person from getting 'normal' employment. Who would let a hard-core robber drive and refill ATMs anyway? Governmental side can take care of those yearning ICly for the civilian lifestyle to apply for a 'reform' maybe? 

Understandable, mania-like behavior should not be tolerated. To be fair, that stands for IRL as well. Nobody can be an embodiment of insanity, and foster positive RP vibes that way. But for now, prison is just a huge time sink, most of the people are AFKing or DMing, and real life enjoyment of gaming should not be reprimanded when there are many other ways to penalize criminal behavior other than actually wasting time of individuals dedicated to the server. 

Don't crucify me, but 4 to 6 hours and even above? Not everyone has that much free time on their hands, and there are better ways of spending it anyway. Activities while inside? I've seen more admins and mods there trying to contain RP-breaking moments there, than anywhere else. 

Anyways, have fun everyone!

In my opinion the RP of DOC is becoming better each week since the last couple weeks, but is there a lack of scriptly things to do. You can mine, but the stamps are worthless to trade for time and its almost impossible to play poker with.

-Some more sideactivites like laundry, cleaning and cooking for extra stamps would improve the prison rp. (Which I hope the new prison brings).

-Poker should be lowered to 300 stamps buy-in (I believe they are working on it already).

-It might be better to have DOC guards stay inside the facility, instead of the intake outside, so they actually hear what inmates ask them. (The range of what an inmate screams does not go outside as its a different dimension). If the guards have a fixed routine of cellblock inspection, headcount, yard time and shower time, it would stop them from chilling at intake and ignoring inmates.

Those are some small improvements, but might make it better.

image0.png

• Like 1