retronub

Remove XP from the player list (@ button IG)

I feel like this feature gets used a lot to metagame whether a player is someone or not. I myself can frequently tell who a player is by looking at their exp after scrolling down the player list and finding their ID. Even when I am in completely different clothes, not using VOIP, members of opposing gangs will tell me to take off my mask, most likely seeing how much exp I have in the player list. It’s just blatant MG in my opinion. 

I think it should just be completely removed off the player list. Ping should be left on there, and maybe something else can be added to fill the space the exp used to take 

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 2

I actually like having it. I had useful situations when hiring for certain jobs/clubs. I actually prefer being able to see how experienced a person is because of this.
Personally never had the situation someone used this to MG, so that could explain I don't agree having it removed.

Edit:
What could be a possible solution is to indeed get rid of the exp in the IG scoreboard, but maybe instead add something in the ECRP pannel where you can search for a Fname_Lname and see the experience? Maybe some extra features could be attached to this, but can't think of any really.

Edited by Yputi

+/-

I can see the reason for this and it shouldn't be used to metagame, however. it can portray that 'if someone is a somebody' as well in an RP sense fairly well as naturally the longer someone is in the city, the more reputation they should have and notable they should naturally become.

From a staff side of things, and having to regularly explain or understand how much of the game they understand on an OOC side of things, I use XP to understand how much I may need to explain and help out or figure, that they should know better.

A reputation system could be interesting instead though.. base it on a few variables like, hours online, players who have aliased you and players you have aliased who are also online regularly (as close to their full name as possible), so it could fluctuate. A reputation 'competition' would not be an issue, because there are individuals who want higher reputation and lower reputation. Higher reputation could help you be identified easier by others, maybe unlocking naturally first letters of your name, or your last name, if not aliased, maybe even while masked, Little reputation allows you to be less visible to others and be discrete.

+1 

many people replying with a -1 are legal workers and dont have to go through this so they wouldn't understand how it works in the crim aspect, if you try going undercover to get some heat off of you by other gangs and you dress up like a random in like a warrener like i have done multiple times, people look at your XP and know you dont actually only have a warrener and you are just trying to hide your identity for some reason so they will ask you to take your mask off and all this, there really is no way to prove someone uses it to MG but in crim aspects it can be MG a lot more than you guys would think, probably even by PD too it doesn't even have a benefit to be on the scoreboard other than to flex your xp which doesn't really give you an advantage at all besides salary, also it wouldn't affect people buying vip, you dont buy vip to flex your xp in the player menu you still get the benefits even if xp didn't show, you would still be able to see your own xp with /stats and would still get same salary benefits, so if you buy vip to flex in player menu, you're buying vip for wrong reason anyways.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.