justpositivity

Cops performing VERY nonRP Pits and ramming And Getting Away With It

i can find countless amounts of clips where cops with their tiny little cruisers ramming much HEAVIER and more amour ed vehicle smashing them into walls ramming them over and over, this is unacceptable! Let's look at a few facts here and how pits usually happen in real life!

How a pit maneuver actually looks like in real life: 

Weight of a Crown Victoria Police Cruiser: 3,781 lbs Lets compare that to challenger that's weighed LESS than a 2020 dodge challenger which is based off the hellfire and yet we cant even ram in the hellfire despite it having ram bars...

now let's compare that to what EclipseRP PD call a successful pit https://streamable.com/0mrwjs  in that CLIP he clealy put everyone life in danger including himself AND everyone in the chase as you can see!

• Upvote 1

There's a certain number of vehicles LSPD are authorised to PIT with our cruisers, your car being one of them. If the car is a lot heavier than our regular cruisers we have the option of deploying a brickade or kamacho. The video linked here mostly displays a PIT with a lot of desync. Have you ever actually tried to PIT a car while on high ping? Also our cruisers aren't "tiny little cruisers" they are fairly armoured and designed to conduct these types of maneuvers.

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure IRL cops don't put vehicles going well over 200 KM/H.. my proposal is that cops aren't allowed to pit vehicles or pull in front of vehicles going at an exceptionally high rate of speed as you can see I was going over 210 KM/H

Cops IRL don't have pursuits that involve high-end sports cars 99.9% of the times and crazy drivers that will go 210km/h in a city. Desync is also a big issue, we have other tactics, the reason you don't see most of them being used is because they don't work with desync, hopefully when new rage version comes it will fix most of the issues, but until then not much we can do. 

Cops IRL don't have pursuits that involve high-end sports cars 99.9% of the times and crazy drivers that will go 210km/h in a city. Desync is also a big issue, we have other tactics, the reason you don't see most of them being used is because they don't work with desync, hopefully when new rage version comes it will fix most of the issues, but until then not much we can do. 

yeah can't wait for 1.1 it destroys RP, also there was this one time where a cap pulled out in front of me whilst I was going 230 KM/H sadly I lost the clip of that. But I do understand desync plays a major part in pits etc.

The cops on this server are hot dog shit, particularly the Sheriffs. I have an entire highlight from one of my streams of SEVERAL officers INCLUDING admins straight ABUSING power, trying to make false claims and reports, tried baiting me into shit. Absolutely horrible RP value in the PD and SD. Everyone just hides behind the fact that IA reports need to be filed in order for anything to be done, and even when provided with VIDEO EVIDENCE, they'll still find a way to dismiss it. Never had a single IA report handled correctly, but then again, you're letting the police police the police. Nothings going to happen, lul

Make a report if you think admins are abusing power instead of bashing entire factions on the forums. Immature behaviour.

The cops on this server are hot dog shit, particularly the Sheriffs. I have an entire highlight from one of my streams of SEVERAL officers INCLUDING admins straight ABUSING power, trying to make false claims and reports, tried baiting me into shit. Absolutely horrible RP value in the PD and SD. Everyone just hides behind the fact that IA reports need to be filed in order for anything to be done, and even when provided with VIDEO EVIDENCE, they'll still find a way to dismiss it. Never had a single IA report handled correctly, but then again, you're letting the police police the police. Nothings going to happen, lul

Two things:

- PD/SD are not at fault for a lack of Justice System. Many like myself support one and I believe it is being worked on. 

- An IA system is the best we can do to hold police accountable. Evidence is either dismissed for IC reasons (nothing in the footage showed wrongdoing, etc...) or for OOC reasons (Lack of RP in placing a bodycamera or dashcam on). 

If you find OOC issues then you can always submit an OOC IA report OR if rule breaks are involved. A normal player report.

Admins are like IRL police
They bleed blue.
Nothing will come of reporting an admin for their behavior. I had all that evidence on stream, they all saw it happen live, they all actively defended each other. Absolutely pointless to spend my time writing out something they're not even gonna read.

I do not know your particular circumstance. However, I have been on this server for over a year, I have seen admins be given warnings, punishments and even removed from staff team. Both PD IC and Staff OOC have to use what they can see at any given point, if it means they have to conduct an investigation IC'ly or help you out OOC'ly by finding out when you turned your bodycam I think that is a good thing. Like I said, I do not know your personal circumstance, but I find it very hard to believe that people are looking to just punish you both IC'ly or OOC'ly with no reason at all.

Admins bleed blue 🤡

Player reports are public, so is the archive of player reports. Any reports made on server staff can be found in the archive, with the outcome of them as well. Several staff members, some ex, and some active, have punishments on their records as a result of player reports. We hold everyone accountable equally.

• Like 1

Two things:

- PD/SD are not at fault for a lack of Justice System. Many like myself support one and I believe it is being worked on. 

- An IA system is the best we can do to hold police accountable. Evidence is either dismissed for IC reasons (nothing in the footage showed wrongdoing, etc...) or for OOC reasons (Lack of RP in placing a bodycamera or dashcam on). 

If you find OOC issues then you can always submit an OOC IA report OR if rule breaks are involved. A normal player report.

What? Anyone can be responsible for abuse of a lack of a proper justice system. If I, as a black man in the US was told that our current legal system was the 'best we can do' you and I both know that would not fly, we have people protesting against this every day. Every single person has the capacity to show restraint and act responsibly and fairly, even without a fair justice system in place. An IA system is the 'best we can do'? Next. Settling for less is lazy and irresponsible. He made a valid point of the police policing each other and you either refused or ignored to acknowledge it. If you 'support' a system like you said, act like it.

Edited by Amiel

What? Anyone can be responsible for abuse of a lack of a proper justice system. If I, as a black man in the US was told that our current legal system was the 'best we can do' you and I both know that would not fly, we have people protesting against this every day. Every single person has the capacity to show restraint and act responsibly and fairly, even without a fair justice system in place. An IA system is the 'best we can do'? Next. Settling for less is lazy and irresponsible. He made a valid point of the police policing each other and you either refused or ignored to acknowledge it. If you 'support' a system like you said, act like it.

I'm saying that AS IT STANDS, there is NO justice system. I can not put once in place, nor anyone else, this has to come from admins/developers. 

''Every single person has the capacity to show restraint and act responsibly and fairly, even without a fair justice system in place.'' - Yeah, we already do this. Ask any new player that goes around committing the dumbest crimes or driving borderline non-RP and ask them if law enforcement haven't let them off easy in an effort to not discourage him from playing.

''
He made a valid point of the police policing each other and you either refused or ignored to acknowledge it'' - Yes, I responded to him with what I know from my experience. Vague claims like ''have an entire highlight from one of my streams of SEVERAL officers INCLUDING admins straight ABUSING power, trying to make false claims and reports, tried baiting me into shit'' and ''even when provided with VIDEO EVIDENCE, they'll still find a way to dismiss it'' This does nothing but fuel argument where there is none to have. If you ever read my posts in discussion threads you will notice that something I always try and ask or provide is some sort of evidence for what I am trying to say. So when you tell me ''He made a valid point of the police policing each other and you either refused or ignored to acknowledge it'', yeah I don't acknowledge stuff without any sort of substance besides someone's subjective experience with law enforcement. Doing so would not only go against everything I have experienced, but would also validate the implication that all law enforcement is corrupt, none of us want to even take the time of day to look at evidence when provided with some and we're all out to get you...

I'm saying that AS IT STANDS, there is NO justice system. I can not put once in place, nor anyone else, this has to come from admins/developers. 

''Every single person has the capacity to show restraint and act responsibly and fairly, even without a fair justice system in place.'' - Yeah, we already do this. Ask any new player that goes around committing the dumbest crimes or driving borderline non-RP and ask them if law enforcement haven't let them off easy in an effort to not discourage him from playing.

''
He made a valid point of the police policing each other and you either refused or ignored to acknowledge it'' - Yes, I responded to him with what I know from my experience. Vague claims like ''have an entire highlight from one of my streams of SEVERAL officers INCLUDING admins straight ABUSING power, trying to make false claims and reports, tried baiting me into shit'' and ''even when provided with VIDEO EVIDENCE, they'll still find a way to dismiss it'' This does nothing but fuel argument where there is none to have. If you ever read my posts in discussion threads you will notice that something I always try and ask or provide is some sort of evidence for what I am trying to say. So when you tell me ''He made a valid point of the police policing each other and you either refused or ignored to acknowledge it'', yeah I don't acknowledge stuff without any sort of substance besides someone's subjective experience with law enforcement. Doing so would not only go against everything I have experienced, but would also validate the implication that all law enforcement is corrupt, none of us want to even take the time of day to look at evidence when provided with some and we're all out to get you...

I find it interesting that you 'always try and ask or provide is some sort of evidence' yet in your first sentence where you claim to act less harsh on new players, how about proving that is true with some evidence to back up that bold and universal claim. If you aren't speaking on behalf of every other cop then don't make a general statement you can't back up with facts. All I had to do is type in LSPD in the forum search function to find examples of what OP was talking about, nothing subjective about hundreds of pages of evidence. Focus on doing better, turning a blind eye and not educating your peers fuels the problem. 

I find it interesting that you 'always try and ask or provide is some sort of evidence' yet in your first sentence where you claim to act less harsh on new players, how about proving that is true with some evidence to back up that bold and universal claim. If you aren't speaking on behalf of every other cop then don't make a general statement you can't back up with facts. All I had to do is type in LSPD in the forum search function to find examples of what OP was talking about, nothing subjective about hundreds of pages of evidence. Focus on doing better, turning a blind eye and not educating your peers fuels the problem. 

New players almost always get a reduced sentence no matter what crime they've commited, if they stole a car instead of getting the full GTA charge it's usually attempted.

Sure, here you go. But for future reference, I generally mean if I am starting a thread where I want to claim X or attack Y, it's usually based on more than something vague, either it contains evidence or it's pretty self evident (although I understand this last point in itself can be vague). In this instance I am not the one making the accusations, but the one defending them. The burden of proof should be on the person who is making the claims.

New Players being given a break/reduced sentence:

'' Turned out the driver ((new player)) had no license so ''OFFICER X'' issued a ticket and asked the man to call a taxi to the DMV, we waited till the taxi picked him up and he called us 10-8.'' - Normally would go to jail. 

wMbtmJk.png - New player and having a few CODE 0 issues, we gave him a break and let him off with a warning

'' you are allowed to adjust charges with modifiers, to reduce time as a reward for either good RP or if the player is new, we don't want to throw someone in prison for 120 minutes if they are new. While we understand that this is a role-play server, we also want players to stay and become better role-players. If it's a new player, don't aim to make the list of charges the longest list you can'' - From an announcement made by Osborn a couple of years ago that is still used today to promote better roleplay and to encourage new players not only to remain on the server, but to learn from their mistakes.

Leniency given on an OOC level to promote better RP/Correct Mistakes:

https://streamable.com/5p9yuk - Player is let go after we waited for him to trim and upload a video, showing the map not loading and causing him to crash against a pole by accident. 

https://streamable.com/mjxwg8 - Player crashes against a crate and injures himself during a pursuit, we call for an admin to revive him and then resume the pursuit from where he crashed. 

So going back to the original claims which you said was a ''valid point''. The other person said ''SEVERAL officers INCLUDING admins straight ABUSING power, trying to make false claims and reports, tried baiting me into shit. Absolutely horrible RP value in the PD and SD. Everyone just hides behind the fact that IA reports need to be filed in order for anything to be done, and even when provided with VIDEO EVIDENCE, they'll still find a way to dismiss it.'' Does it look like that to you ? If so, it is now YOUR turn to back up your broad claims. 

''
All I had to do is type in LSPD in the forum search function to find examples of what OP was talking about, nothing subjective about hundreds of pages of evidence.'' - Go ahead and post some of these ''examples'' where PD/SD are ''abusing power'' making ''false claims and reports'', ''baiting people into shit'' and ''hiding behind IA report'' and please don't make this some boring back and forth where you post some ''example'' where the response ''IA report'' is actually valid, I want you to show me the most blatant full proof examples as you've claimed are in abundance just from a simple search. Good luck.

• Like 1

Sure, here you go. But for future reference, I generally mean if I am starting a thread where I want to claim X or attack Y, it's usually based on more than something vague, either it contains evidence or it's pretty self evident (although I understand this last point in itself can be vague). In this instance I am not the one making the accusations, but the one defending them. The burden of proof should be on the person who is making the claims.

New Players being given a break/reduced sentence:

'' Turned out the driver ((new player)) had no license so ''OFFICER X'' issued a ticket and asked the man to call a taxi to the DMV, we waited till the taxi picked him up and he called us 10-8.'' - Normally would go to jail. 

wMbtmJk.png - New player and having a few CODE 0 issues, we gave him a break and let him off with a warning

'' you are allowed to adjust charges with modifiers, to reduce time as a reward for either good RP or if the player is new, we don't want to throw someone in prison for 120 minutes if they are new. While we understand that this is a role-play server, we also want players to stay and become better role-players. If it's a new player, don't aim to make the list of charges the longest list you can'' - From an announcement made by Osborn a couple of years ago that is still used today to promote better roleplay and to encourage new players not only to remain on the server, but to learn from their mistakes.

Leniency given on an OOC level to promote better RP/Correct Mistakes:

https://streamable.com/5p9yuk - Player is let go after we waited for him to trim and upload a video, showing the map not loading and causing him to crash against a pole by accident. 

https://streamable.com/mjxwg8 - Player crashes against a crate and injures himself during a pursuit, we call for an admin to revive him and then resume the pursuit from where he crashed. 

So going back to the original claims which you said was a ''valid point''. The other person said ''SEVERAL officers INCLUDING admins straight ABUSING power, trying to make false claims and reports, tried baiting me into shit. Absolutely horrible RP value in the PD and SD. Everyone just hides behind the fact that IA reports need to be filed in order for anything to be done, and even when provided with VIDEO EVIDENCE, they'll still find a way to dismiss it.'' Does it look like that to you ? If so, it is now YOUR turn to back up your broad claims. 

''
All I had to do is type in LSPD in the forum search function to find examples of what OP was talking about, nothing subjective about hundreds of pages of evidence.'' - Go ahead and post some of these ''examples'' where PD/SD are ''abusing power'' making ''false claims and reports'', ''baiting people into shit'' and ''hiding behind IA report'' and please don't make this some boring back and forth where you post some ''example'' where the response ''IA report'' is actually valid, I want you to show me the most blatant full proof examples as you've claimed are in abundance just from a simple search. Good luck.

I've never had a singl bad experience. RP wise with you. and I cannot speak for the entire department. But on many occasions I've seen pits performed at very high speeds 240 km/h+ and even on one occasion a cruiser pulled out in front of me whilst i was going 230 km/h. I did not expect this suggestion to get such traction and most of what is being discussed has nothing to do with my original suggestion. I never made any aggressive remark against any admin/cop I just said that I'd like to see pits performed in a more realistic manner...