Nate hostal

Speed cameras on the GPS

You can see the POLES physically in the Intersection. They are gray poles with a camera on them 🙂

You can potentially go one intersection at a time and map them for yourself but IRL you will never see a map of these things, maybe on Waze... Navigation App 

but that's a whole other story haha

Actually I will +1 this.... I have WAZE irl... speed cameras now-a-adays are marked on the map AND they even have a SIGN before them alerting about them in most of the countries I drove in myself.

PLUS I still forget where they are and I honestlly honestlly do not mind driving slow in these areas sometimes.... so... I'd be happy for a guide haha

+1 I do agree that as it’s RP, and in real life speed cameras would naturally be marked on your GPS alerting you to one in front of you, that this should be added, even if the ability for your character to automatically remember after a camera has snapped you, where it snapped you etc, that would be cool

3 hours ago, Freclan said:

If you want that kind of realism then there should be cameras in every street where people speed often

Yeah, you can always add more cameras, but mark them. that's fair no? in my country, we have signs (and a lot of other countries ive been in) that alert you that there is a camera

Getting an admin punishment for speeding through a NCZ would be dumb. Cameras will punish you in a more financial way and they have proven themselves to be effective.
Scrapyard vehicles will not trigger the cameras regardless of your speed.

18 hours ago, nubbuka said:

Yeah, you can always add more cameras, but mark them. that's fair no? in my country, we have signs (and a lot of other countries ive been in) that alert you that there is a camera

I mean i would not mind that at all it would be realistic but a lot of people would complain about that and not being able to speed in the city unless they made the speed cap higher.

Just now, Illmohim said:

+1 because there are apps for these but in order for them to be on your GPS, YOU need to add them

I was looking for a Digital map of GTA V to add notes where are the speed cameras for myself... I think that is ok to do? 

I get tons of traffic violations and NO I do not do it on Purpose - THE L KEY, it's far from the Driving keys and I need my mouse to LOOK around driving, cause the streets where the cameras are - those are usually bombarded with players flying all over the place and breaking law rules in a VERY unrealistic way but when the cops arent there of course....

So... reaching that L key is annoying and you cannot assign it? I tried, didn't manage...

I had a Seat Ibiza IRL that I sold and I had cruise and even automatic distance form the car IN front, like follow which was amazing... 

And the cruise was easy to handle, turn on off instantly. doesn't distract the driver...

I Don't know maybe it's just me or people found out how to assign it to somethting easier

but I miss the cameras and I know it takes time just to learn, I get less fines each week I play.... but the 20-30k on fines........ come on....

even If i did it on purpose that is a lot.... and I swear I didn't! maybe some times people chased me around the city and I flew by them to save my life (happened yesterday too)

SO a map that you can mark them on or something will be great 🙂

"I mean i would not mind that at all it would be realistic but a lot of people would complain about that and not being able to speed in the city unless they made the speed cap higher."

Just to add to this 🙂 

Again, even in IRL, there are not so many cameras around.... albeit the GTA V map isn't THAT big and not a lot of POPULAR zones to go wild with the cars at

but If done correctly, there should be plenty of areas a bit outside of city that usually are a bit more open that there will be no cameras. I don't image camera on each street obviously...

at least main intersections, main areas, parking lots, places you need to slow down or government offices... banks... atms...? etc. 

• Upvote 1