Jleoni

Don't allow RVs to be parked at NCZ lots

Every NCZ lot looks like this:
image.png.bd90bbb19eef92835ae37bf34c06c285.png

And it's getting worse. How many of these RVs have tables in them, also breaking the rules? My bet would be a not insignificant amount. Many real cities have restrictions on where RVs can and cannot park.

Alternatives:

RV park in sonora desert where players can pay to store their RVs
Just hide your RV normally, there should be some risk to having a mobile home/drug lab

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Admins check RVs at NCZs, they have even made some server announcements regarding that.

Other than that, IC issue. No tow trucks from mechanics in the city = vehicles everywhere.

Regardless, does it not ruin RP a bit to see more RVs than all other vehicles combined on these lots? Seems there should be SOME risk (no matter how low with the current 2 hr despawn) when having a mobile home?

Just now, GWXCORE said:

So you are suggesting a change of the law ICly vs an ooc rule. Might I suggest using the underutilized Roleplay section of the forums. There is a petition to legalize weed in there currently. I'm sure a petition regarding rv legality would be interesting to watch unfold.

Ahh, didn't realize there were two different sections for that. I would support either and will also post this there, as you are right making this an IC legal issue makes more sense than an OOC rule issue

On 5/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, GWXCORE said:

IC issue. PD\LSC can handle illegal parked vehicles.

-1; As he said, this is an issue for PD/SD/LSC and Bayview. If they are illegally parked then they can be dealt with ICly. It makes no sense for people to not be able to park their RV in a NCZ. You have to think NCZ's are a lot of places. Ex: If i were employed at LSEMS (as I am), I would not be able to park my journey in the parking lot because it's considered a NCZ.

1 minute ago, WolfV said:

-1; As he said, this is an issue for PD/SD/LSC and Bayview. If they are illegally parked then they can be dealt with ICly. It makes no sense for people to not be able to park their RV in a NCZ. You have to think NCZ's are a lot of places. Ex: If i were employed at LSEMS (as I am), I would not be able to park my journey in the parking lot because it's considered a NCZ.

If you were a medic in your own town the vast majority of medical facilities would also not allow you to park your RV there....

• Like 1

+1 RVs need some kind of designated RV Park. LSC cannot impound these vehicles They can only tow/move them, they stay spawned until the 2 hr timer expires then it despawns but then you end up with RVs stacked on top of each other or some topped over on their sides After the owner logs back in. Currently people don’t care where they leave their RVs and it causes major clutter in Parking garage zones and NCZs, can’t even drive rply in a parking garage to exit it due to the amount of RVs obstructing the route out. Something has to give. 

Edited by Angel Ceez

+1 NCZ is a haven of unpaid cars parking unrealistically long and this continues regardless of countless tow jobs, PD tickets, or admins deleting entire NCZ lots to remove these vehicles. Bikes are the worst offenders, parking on public walk areas not meant for vehicle traffic. These bikes cannot be towed as they are behind barriers. It's unreasonable to assume LSC and PD can handle the issue considering the amount of people in the city and constantly at the bank. A parking lot area that is close to the bank could solve this issue, almost like a RP under ground garage if you will. 

Edited by PurplePlant

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.