Dangerous

PD, SD & MD /Calls Colours should be different

Currently if you work at PD and MD or SD and MD when you do the /calls command you will see all the current active MD, PD, SD calls. It is very difficult to be able to tell which call belongs to who as they are all the same colour. You have to read the description of the calls before telling if it is a PD/SD or MD call. It makes responding to calls a lot more painful due to having to read everyone of them or scroll up and down on them. In busy times it is just chaotic and hard to be able to tell who's is who's because calls are flying in non stop

I would like to suggest that they all have their own designated colour or that if you are on MD duty you can only see MD calls and vice versa with PD/SD with the exception of PD and SD seeing each others calls. It isn't relevant for someone who is on MD duty to be able to see PD calls as if they are required on a scene they would be asked on the department radio anyway.

If this could come about I am sure it would make a lot of people's life easier especially for those who have a PD/SD + MD combination for work.

Example below:

rNcFlwG.png

Edited by DaveDangerous

-1 I do believe this would help a lot since you do have to usually figure out the location of the call yourself which takes time. The problem is the calls not being colored shows a bigger relation of PD and SD working together rather than being separated. I also feel it is important for each department to know what is happening in each jurisdiction for the sake of being aware and ready to help. Them focusing on one color of calls can limit their attention to others. I completely understand officers and deputies can also focus on the colored calls for the opposite departments, but I feel them having to figure out the call location and the call scenario really enhances their knowledge overall. That way each department can be prepared for situations based off of previous calls. Lastly, I do not believe colored calls would improve or help a officer or deputy.

56 minutes ago, KINGRumz3 said:

-1 I do believe this would help a lot since you do have to usually figure out the location of the call yourself which takes time. The problem is the calls not being colored shows a bigger relation of PD and SD working together rather than being separated. I also feel it is important for each department to know what is happening in each jurisdiction for the sake of being aware and ready to help. Them focusing on one color of calls can limit their attention to others. I completely understand officers and deputies can also focus on the colored calls for the opposite departments, but I feel them having to figure out the call location and the call scenario really enhances their knowledge overall. That way each department can be prepared for situations based off of previous calls. Lastly, I do not believe colored calls would improve or help a officer or deputy.

This was more aimed at having combination of MD and PD or MD and SD I agree it is important for SD and PD to see each other’s calls. But if I am on MD duty why do I need to see SD and PD calls? It’s a bit pointless as all communication is done on DEP radio. That is what I am referring to.

1 hour ago, KINGRumz3 said:

I agree with most of your points, but not your conclusion, different colours isn't being suggested so we focus on one or the other or decrease department relations, it's to simply ease the way we respond to calls. Right now, we do /calls and see a wall of text with no differentiation, be it a 911 call, a backup, a panic alarm or which department in came from. PD gets any call from the city, they respond, any calls from up north are (besides a CODE 1 or anything of the sorts) left to SD, whether or not we see the call as the same colour is irrelevant to how we respond. I feel like we're pulling hairs for something that seems like a no brainer.

During high 911 traffic, pursuits, etc... it is CRUCIAL for people to be able to check what is going on around the city and easily identify and respond. I doubt this would have any effect on how we treat SD calls.

51 minutes ago, PickleBean17 said:

-1, leave them how they are. Always unaware. 

Saitama C. ////// Los Santos Hero Association
previously: Front Yard Balls + Los Santos Customs

heroassociation.jpg

You would be unaware if you don't work for both factions at the same time... 

Big +1, as a previous member of both LSEMS and LSPD at the same time, I can confirm that they used to be different colors. I'd say bring the colors back or make it so you can only see the calls of the faction which you are on duty on at that time.

13 minutes ago, nixu211 said:

Big +1, as a previous member of both LSEMS and LSPD at the same time, I can confirm that they used to be different colors. I'd say bring the colors back or make it so you can only see the calls of the faction which you are on duty on at that time.

didnt ask dont care

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.