JoeyPoppins

Change the /do's and the /me's etc. to forcable commands.

I would love to see this change as in my opinion it would make the rp way smoother. As of right now i feel like there are unnecessary /me and /do situations for example /me attempts to uncuff the man/woman then /do success? I really think all of that is unnecessary and it could be improved by removing /me's and /do's commands and adding forcable roleplay actions. I know a great example, but won't mention because that would be advertising. Another example is adding the commands /steal or /mug those would work when the players hands are up, the person robbing the player or even looting someone when they are injured they could type /steal which would open their inventory as well as giving them their pocket money. I could go on and on, but you get my points.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Maybe lets not remove the roleplay elements from a roleplay server.

If we only start using commands like those than we're basically powergaming, we're not letting anyone RP back using /me or /do if they'll resist or not but rather force an outcome on them. I've had a scenario once where someone got my hands up and went to frisk me but I was on my feet and his friend was nowhere to be seen so I RP'd kicking his tenders to stun him and get my gun out. None of this RP is possible anymore since people can ignore that and only use commands to take your things.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kenichis said:

Maybe lets not remove the roleplay elements from a roleplay server.

If we only start using commands like those than we're basically powergaming, we're not letting anyone RP back using /me or /do if they'll resist or not but rather force an outcome on them. I've had a scenario once where someone got my hands up and went to frisk me but I was on my feet and his friend was nowhere to be seen so I RP'd kicking his tenders to stun him and get my gun out. None of this RP is possible anymore since people can ignore that and only use commands to take your things.

I understand your point, but so much rp gets stalled over /me's and /do's i am not saying take them out completely, but atleast some and make those into commands. 

There was previously a command to take all the money a player had on hand, and it didn't require a timer or anything, just for the person to have their hands up. Was the worst thing to exist in my opinion, and I'm glad it's gone. People would constantly just run around, tell a guy to put his hands up, /mug him, and then run off. No roleplay was had, they were just being dicks, out to make a bunch of digital currency, while removing the fun of creativity and problem solving from the victims.

-1 from me

Even though your suggestion makes some sense and shines the light on what you would like to see in the future, I still do strongly believe that commands such as /me and /do are the founding fathers of the role-play. They are very important since they allow us to create our own role-play without the need of forcing anything on anyone. If at any point one of the role-playing command was forced onto someone to agree without any other possible outcome - that's not role-play, that's force-play. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.