TonyRizzo

Make money an item

I swear I made a thread about this but I guess it was a fever dream or something. Basically what the title says, make money an inventory item.

Right now if someone dies, any cash they had on them is just lost, which obviously doesn't make any sense. You could still use /pay to give it to someone rather than having to drop it on the ground *cough* trade system *cough*.

Besides neat little things like putting money in a briefcase for criminals to hand over to someone for a purchase, this could serve an actual mechanical purpose down the line. There's been a number of money counterfeiting suggestions made, and a counterfeiter could make the item, but only to a professional (ie detectives) would they know it was fake money. If someone tried to put it in the bank, it'd be fraudulent, which could lead to investigation RP on where they got the fake bill from. This also prevents people from counterfeiting millions and getting rich from it, unless they pulled some sort of laundering scheme which could honestly be cool too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, iAchieve said:

This has already been denied in previous suggestions; while cool, it makes it almost impossible for administrators to track rule breaks with money.

Understandable, but I don't actually know what rule breaks can be done with money, you mean like someone straight up using hacks or something?

5 minutes ago, TonyRizzo said:

Understandable, but I don't actually know what rule breaks can be done with money, you mean like someone straight up using hacks or something?

He means stuff like money farming, selling in-game money for out of game cash. The current way the system is set up to trace any fishy transactions. Making money a object would be nice but it would make tracking such activities much more difficult and elusive. 

On 11/30/2019 at 12:51 AM, DrizzyDre said:

He means stuff like money farming, selling in-game money for out of game cash. The current way the system is set up to trace any fishy transactions. Making money a object would be nice but it would make tracking such activities much more difficult and elusive. 

There has to be way to counter this. As the money will be on your person just as an item it should still be able to be tracked with /stats and be logged onto the server.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.