kenichis

Bank 'roleplay'

Slight bump, as I don't see this issue as being adressed at all, if anything might have gotten worse with even more people using Bank to just park their cars and go offline and then just people chasing you around being racist and just an ass then refuse to actually roleplay when you pull out real commands like /me and /do.

I completely agree with the suggestion that players should be somewhere else other than the bank, since that is nowhere realistic. There was a suggestion about making NCZ:s adjust in time, which I completely agree with. As there would be close to no surveillance at the bank at 4 am, other than the cameras. I understand the NCZ there during the day when the bank is operational but during the nights when you cannot even redeem your salary. 

I think adjusting the NCZ to match real life, would bring a solution to this, as people could steal cars etc, from there at the night. However make some areas NCZ:s only at the night, such as Tequilala, The Pier to make people spend time at different places where there would  realistically be people.

• Like 1

I do quite like bank, mainly due to all the different sort of people there, but it is incredibly non-rp to have people hanging around at bank, speakers plugged into thin air, firearms sales and all sorts going on. I'd much rather see the common gathering place be some sort of park so you've got at least a bit more logic behind people gathering there.

I wouldn't be opposed to NCZ's changing according to the time of day however, that's also a pretty good idea though would probably require some engine work

I'll try to keep this concise and to the point.

1. No illegal activity or talk should be happening in or around bank as there are cameras in place.

2. Outside  of bank should remain a NCZ. Go walk outside of a bank IRL with a gun and see how quick the bank takes not of that. Again there are camera's ans it just isn't logical.

3. Non-RP is Non-RP. If you see it, report it. It is as simple as that.

4. You can't run into a NCZ while just having committed a crime to seek solitude from those chasing you. Player not breaking the law of course if near somewhere that is a NCZ that would have some sort of security or police presence would of course go to where they are public and safe and where the person chasing them would not be able to follow and rob that. That happens in real life too if the people robbing or chasing them give them the opportunity to drive away.

5. Gun sales. When would that ever logically happen at a bank without you getting yourself arrested.

TL;DR

You wouldn't bring guns, sell guns, or make the bank or any ncz a place to discuss your illegal acts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sineye said:

3. Non-RP is Non-RP. If you see it, report it. It is as simple as that.

"Please do not take reporting another player lightly and reserve player reports for situations that have caused severe loss or were abused for benefit."

The problem with reporting only borderline non-RP actions at Bank is because of this requirement. While it is non-RP to be jumping on top of cars, dancing on top etc. if you report someone for this is will just be denied and people will call you petty. Believe me someone has reported things like this before just for it to get denied. Unless they start enforcing people to act like normal people I don't see people getting punished for this when reported anytime soon.

2 hours ago, eradicati0n said:

I do quite like bank, mainly due to all the different sort of people there, but it is incredibly non-rp to have people hanging around at bank, speakers plugged into thin air, firearms sales and all sorts going on. I'd much rather see the common gathering place be some sort of park so you've got at least a bit more logic behind people gathering there.

I wouldn't be opposed to NCZ's changing according to the time of day however, that's also a pretty good idea though would probably require some engine work

If everyone hung out around a park they'd be constantly robbed and DM'd. also the bank became the "spot" because people just gradually decided on it, cant really force something like that. 

1 hour ago, kenichis said:

"Please do not take reporting another player lightly and reserve player reports for situations that have caused severe loss or were abused for benefit."

The problem with reporting only borderline non-RP actions at Bank is because of this requirement. While it is non-RP to be jumping on top of cars, dancing on top etc. if you report someone for this is will just be denied and people will call you petty. Believe me someone has reported things like this before just for it to get denied. Unless they start enforcing people to act like normal people I don't see people getting punished for this when reported anytime soon.

Did I mention that a specific case? I havent once reported someone for standing on a car. However some of thing things people do like launching BMX bikes off trees dozens of feet in the air and such are not near realistic. My point being if someone is clearly doing things that are Non RP report it. That was not a jab at one certain act.

3 hours ago, BubblezDaFish said:

If everyone hung out around a park they'd be constantly robbed and DM'd. also the bank became the "spot" because people just gradually decided on it, cant really force something like that. 

My bad, completely forgot to say the idea of making the park itself a permanent NCZ, to obviously avoid DM, robberies etc. I agree that you definitely can't force people to choose to congregate somewhere, but I think it'd make far more sense if we had a plaza, park or other gathering area to give people the option of a safe place to hang out that actually makes sense in RP.

Observatory would be pretty cool

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.