branning12

Anyone Else?

Long time player from SAMP(mainly LSRP/NGRP) I have very fond memories of creating many characters and developing their stories. Either full on criminal, civilian or apart of other factions, and typically always had a blast not only through the servers capabilities but also through the community/fellow RPers. Always something to do and plenty of people with like minded goals or simply just enjoyed RP. 

After many life events took place, obviously everything sort of got set aside but after I reached my first duty station while in the Marine Corps, I finally had a little bit of free time at the end of the day and sometimes on the weekends. Jumping back into LSRP, like I never skipped a beat. It was the same experience that I had several years ago, and it sort of blew my mind. As well as bringing back that nostalgia.

Fast forward to after active duty, I found out about developed GTA 5 RP servers with voice chat, thinking that it would be EXACTLY what I have been waiting for. Adding more immersion, players portraying emotions their character would be experiencing in a way not possible with just text. I INSTANTLY fell in love with ECRP's design and even seemed to be a very monitored RP server, due to the white-list application being very familiar. As well as the forms having awesome lore about the current gangs and showed their early struggles and rise to power. 

However, after playing for several months things began to change. I realized that each day I would play, there was always many more negatives that took place vs good RP moments small or big. I completely understand robbery and various other crimes happen in real life, however it begins to get tiring after only playing for an hour I've spent more time with my "Hands up" and just standing while I get my GPS stolen, than actually doing anything remotely close to roleplay. Seeing robberies on fisherman(which doesn't make any fucking sense) like it was clockwork. With very minimal roleplaying actually being done, besides the same old /me checks Jon_Doe's pockets, /do Would I succeed? 

The gangs on Eclipse are very organized, and roleplay perfectly for their current position. EX: Why would it make any sense to randomly go to war, if you have already dealt with past problems and realized it's way easier and profitable to just not be at each others necks. Makes total sense, for some reason though almost any other civilian will IC'ly complain about them not being at war or simply just fighting 24/7. It's very fucking strange that almost every citizen in the city, is EXTREMELY itching for their city to just become engulfed in fucking chaos. 

I'm simply just stating in my opinion on the current RP status of the server. Civilian RP is always answered with "Go to the Bank." Even many just stating to join a gang so you don't get robbed, is a sorry excuse. Like I've said before, of course real crime happens every single day, however after the same type of shit happens every time you log in and play for a bit, it gets old. Not too sure about you guys, but after putting my hands up and feel scared to even retaliate because knowing there is usually a Player Report after the botched robbery, it feels like there's no winning.

Regardless, this will all just get flooded with players who can't seem to drop their IC persona and get defensive for some reason. 

TLDR; Feel like recently, there has been a huge decrease of actual RP and more of just players who are money grinding/players who are ALWAYS pissed that the gangs are behaving like a normal organized crime syndicate vs not being constantly at war.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, branning12 said:

TLDR; Feel like recently, there has been a huge decrease of actual RP and more of just players who are money grinding/players who are ALWAYS pissed that the gangs are behaving like a normal organized crime syndicate vs not being constantly at war.

About the RP and money... Yes. I sadly notice this indeed in general, but all we can do is promote (unique) RP for now 😄

Edited by Yputi

I have to agree with OP. I came onto the serve to RP as much as I could, when I first got here I managed to RP quite a bit, keep my head down and have a few laughs, but as time has gone on I too have started to see the lack of RP that is available. Admittedly I am now a gang leader, we try to RP but it's very very hard. So like on of my things is that my members should not really have part time jobs at weasel news or the mechanics, yet the biggest gangs have their members working here. We try not to shoot cops as they are working men and women, but they just stop us for nothing much these days, and cause I don't fight them they just stop me, detain me for a bit then let me go. 

Overall, after being on he server since June I have come to realize that many people live by the motto "win first, roleplay second" and this is widespread. Literally just go to LSC and look at all the fail roleplay with all the gangsters working there. The thing is though, if I don't start to lower my RP standard and just do the same low level RP as other gangs, then we are massively hindered in our progression. By having higher roleplay standards than others you put yourself at a gameplay disadvantage. 

Tbf mate you summed it all up pretty well. Just thought I'd let you know you ain't alone in noticing the changing levels of Roleplay on the server. That being said, Eclipse still is the best place to Roleplay with DOC being the best RP faction/Group around, by far. 

One more crucial thing to note. The divide between veterans and server newcomers. 

Newcomers are attempting to engage in what they perceive to be fresh RP, however veterans have seen and done this all before. Instead of allowing newer server players to realize their own early game RP, veterans are hindering this and forgetting that they two started somewhere. 

Example - I tried personally with the two biggest gangs to pay them 50k in a suitcase for taxes. I wanted some neat gang RP for my newere server members, keep in mind this was something my guys had not experianced, I asked if we could meet in a private location, have a meeting and I would hand over the suitcase, instead, the leader of one gang "nah, just go to the bank get me the 50k and pay me in this alleyway next to the shop" the other gang I only managed to speak to their higher up, not leader, they ended up telling me to go inside the bank, just give them the cash there and then that is it. 

During all of this I had around 20 people who wanted to meet other gangs and have some early game suitcase money RP, very very basic stuff. 

Both gangs denied them this RP and I did it all in a 1v1 setting. 

Basically, veterans should help the new guys more, should they wish the server to retain people. 

TLDR

Yeah OP is right. RP levels are not the highest.

Edited by padpilot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yputi said:

About the RP and money... Yes. I sadly notice this indeed in general, but all we can do is promote (unique) RP for now 😄

Yeah man, it seems that many have lost their characters story progression/everyday RP and just go for grinding to get a supercar or something similar. 

38 minutes ago, gyrhnr said:

If you want to solve this pressure developers to reduce house loss from 3 months to 1. This way new players have a more reasonable incentive to buy a house and focus on interaction rather than worry about 200k for a 1g

I don't think it will solve all the issues, however that's a fair point. Stopping the insane price gouging, as well as adding apartment buildings/hotel/motel rooms to rent. This could be done by using multi-interior buildings. Which, fits many characters RP a bit better, and won't have to sell a kidney to the black market to own a home. 

3 hours ago, gyrhnr said:

If you want to solve this pressure developers to reduce house loss from 3 months to 1. This way new players have a more reasonable incentive to buy a house and focus on interaction rather than worry about 200k for a 1g

Or they have to start realize it's about RP, not just money.

Edited by Yputi

I think most of the players from this server are very new to roleplay, like - very. But I gotta agree with you at some points. For example, today I was in Chamberlain checking up the area for my future possible faction (if players interested) , and in 5 minutes I got robbed twice. It didn't bother me that much, I had only clothes, but it's kinda lame. If you stay there for 10 minutes, you can get robbed for 5 times. And yea. People care more about money and power rather than roleplaying. That's why they can't level up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

I don't see why you need just money for RP, so apperantly not for me.

I dont think its a case of "just" needing money, my point was tht to a certain degree i understand that for many roleplay scenarious you need money, or assets at least. Like if you want to RP running a hotel, build rooms and such then you need a hella lot of time and money. 

10 minutes ago, padpilot said:

I dont think its a case of "just" needing money, my point was tht to a certain degree i understand that for many roleplay scenarious you need money, or assets at least. Like if you want to RP running a hotel, build rooms and such then you need a hella lot of time and money. 

In case you want to RP running a hotel and stuff, yesd ofcourse you need money. The issue I am seeing is at factions where people stand on duty just for money. Money doesn't make you do more /me's or /do's. Atleast, it shouldn't. I think it's also a bit about the quality of RP, not the type of RP.

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

In case you want to RP running a hotel and stuff, yesd ofcourse you need money. The issue I am seeing is at factions where people stand on duty just for money. Money doesn't make you do more /me's or /do's. Atleast, it shouldn't. I think it's also a bit about the quality of RP, not the type of RP.

ahh right yes sorry i get what you are saying now. Sweet, i agree. Combined with the fact that many faction members are gang members (fail rp imo) doesnt help. 

1 hour ago, padpilot said:

ahh right yes sorry i get what you are saying now. Sweet, i agree. Combined with the fact that many faction members are gang members (fail rp imo) doesnt help. 

I feel you yes. I also have mixed feelings about gangs/gang leaders/gang members owning legal (gun)stores while they are known criminals...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

I feel you yes. I also have mixed feelings about gangs/gang leaders/gang members owning legal (gun)stores while they are known criminals...

I do find it odd how almost every store in the game is either owned by a gang or one of the factions in game.

56 minutes ago, Ximena said:

Another thing I don't get, why masks? why faction members gotta wear blue/white/red/black/purple colors? Can't we just dress up like normal people? It feels like it's halloween everyday. I mean really?

2p6q4tS.jpg

When I first started back in July, I remember there were so many smaller gangs at the time and it felt like everyone I saw was dressed head to toe in one color and had some mask on. 

First time I had to do a little double take was when it became against IC laws because so many had them on.

I agree here. I am now with the DCC faction, and things for me RP wise have improved a bit since not everyone is wanting to just rob you, so good RP is there most times on your rides to/from places, but previous to this I was a Money Transporter for a good 4 to 6 months and it was the same thing over and over. At first it was exciting, but then it was just the norm, and I even found myself getting a little sarcastic with people about it too.

Then, and even now, I just don't carry anything anymore. GPS and Radio as its my job, that's it. People say "why dont you carry a knife or gun for protection" but whats the use? If I have no intention to jump to conclusions every time someone approaches me, and they end up pulling out the weapon first (which is whats going to happen 9 times out of 10) then I cant do anything but lose my inventory to them, so why carry it at all? And I don't. I've seen and heard of people having their clothing stolen as well in robberies. When people take things like clothes, or worse - the clothing objects that remove parts of your clothes like undershirts or scarfs, I mean whats the point of that? Just inconvenience to the RP'er your spending seconds with?

As for gang colors - This is just getting ridiculous. I could understand to some extent if a gang wanted a certain color in a certain shade and they all went with that, but its completely stupid that a gang will pick a color and think they own the entire color in any shade or form. At what point wont there be a color available to use since any variances to 1 color can be deemed unacceptable to factions for others to use? But above all, shouldn't gangs stand for more than just what color they are wearing or what others should/shouldn't be wearing? (I'm sure they do btw, but I've never experienced it in my time in server. Every interaction with any faction I've come across either just want to quickly rob you, or approach regarding the colors I'm wearing or have my vehicle painted, that's it).

In conclusion though there is a huge loss of RP opportunity server wide now. As a clean civilian you know your a sitting duck, so most days I'll log into play and catch a cab to DCC and just work until I'm ready to log off so no belongings are on map just to be stolen and have the no RP experience of just going to Mors and getting it back or buying new stuff. Pitty though.

• Like 1

t's very unpleasing to hear, because I've talked to many other players and the large majority have the same EXACT problems. Not too sure about everyone else, but the current lack of.. Hell I guess just normalRP, is just getting bizarre. As in, hey if you don't want to grind the beginner jobs or get robbed at the mines, then figure it out.     

EDIT: Want to point out again, that I am not trying to bash on ANY of the illegal factions. I personally love the realistic approach they are taking as if it were happening in real life.

Edited by branning12

Oh I 100% agree too. I've read the forums and can see what they are doing from a OOC look on things, and I'm also sure there are members in these factions that are giving out good RP too, but there are RP opportunities missed here. Maybe its a timezone thing too?

I'd also like to add that I wouldn't mind being robbed everyday for my possessions if it wasn't just "hands hands" and so forth as previously described above.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:18 AM, CycloneDavid said:

I agree here. I am now with the DCC faction, and things for me RP wise have improved a bit since not everyone is wanting to just rob you, so good RP is there most times on your rides to/from places, but previous to this I was a Money Transporter for a good 4 to 6 months and it was the same thing over and over. At first it was exciting, but then it was just the norm, and I even found myself getting a little sarcastic with people about it too.

Then, and even now, I just don't carry anything anymore. GPS and Radio as its my job, that's it. People say "why dont you carry a knife or gun for protection" but whats the use? If I have no intention to jump to conclusions every time someone approaches me, and they end up pulling out the weapon first (which is whats going to happen 9 times out of 10) then I cant do anything but lose my inventory to them, so why carry it at all? And I don't. I've seen and heard of people having their clothing stolen as well in robberies. When people take things like clothes, or worse - the clothing objects that remove parts of your clothes like undershirts or scarfs, I mean whats the point of that? Just inconvenience to the RP'er your spending seconds with?

As for gang colors - This is just getting ridiculous. I could understand to some extent if a gang wanted a certain color in a certain shade and they all went with that, but its completely stupid that a gang will pick a color and think they own the entire color in any shade or form. At what point wont there be a color available to use since any variances to 1 color can be deemed unacceptable to factions for others to use? But above all, shouldn't gangs stand for more than just what color they are wearing or what others should/shouldn't be wearing? (I'm sure they do btw, but I've never experienced it in my time in server. Every interaction with any faction I've come across either just want to quickly rob you, or approach regarding the colors I'm wearing or have my vehicle painted, that's it).

In conclusion though there is a huge loss of RP opportunity server wide now. As a clean civilian you know your a sitting duck, so most days I'll log into play and catch a cab to DCC and just work until I'm ready to log off so no belongings are on map just to be stolen and have the no RP experience of just going to Mors and getting it back or buying new stuff. Pitty though.

I agree on what you said and even made a topic about it, which of course lead nowhere as it is IC thing and also a power flexing moves. Anything that gives big gangs a reason to mess with you will be taken with open arms. Here is the topic - 

On 10/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, Yputi said:

On 10/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, Ximena said:

Damn. This is a serious problem. Someone needs to handle it for the sake of good rp.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:45 PM, CarlTTT said:

I do find it odd how almost every store in the game is either owned by a gang or one of the factions in game.

As a representative of Los Santos City Hall I can tell you that such questions have been brought up OOCly but there are not decisions made on that matter as the government faction is still very young and has a lot of other things to deal with first. I would think that with time this question will be brought up again and a decision will be made. I personally agree with you guys.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:28 AM, CycloneDavid said:

Oh I 100% agree too. I've read the forums and can see what they are doing from a OOC look on things, and I'm also sure there are members in these factions that are giving out good RP too, but there are RP opportunities missed here. Maybe its a timezone thing too?

I'd also like to add that I wouldn't mind being robbed everyday for my possessions if it wasn't just "hands hands" and so forth as previously described above.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:54 AM, branning12 said:

Hell, it used to happen in SAMP too. Pretty much bullshit will continue, and just feels like a kick in the nuts after you try to keep your personal RP up to a standard and hope something changes or more RP things come to the server. 

How I see things is that those gangs that offer the closest gameplay of GTA Online are the ones that thrive. The big and strong organisations are those that give as close of gameplay to GTA Online and also manage to control everyone to the right amount to not get punished. YOu might not agree with me, but it is true tho, because most of the people want to join big gangs. Why? I don't know, but I would imagine one of the reasons is power that comes with the affiliation. When a young buck who has just joined a Zeta or a Triad or any other bigger gang can come up to someone who could be considered as a veteran on the server and whos character might be a well known person in criminal world for whatever reason and disrespect, just because he has gained that access to the power of a specific colour is not how it goes, imo.

I personally enjoy rp, Im not the best roleplayer by any means, but I try to do my best. I always consider the time and effort that others have put into their character and for that I have set rules to myself IC and OOC. Im here to enjoy my time and I want other around me to enjoy their time as well, so ignorant and greedy RP is just bad rp.