Braga

Lagging while driving fast.

So I have this strange problem. While I just play normal GTA V with very high graphics I get NO lag and game is so smooth. But when it comes to play on Eclipse under RAGE.MP, when I start driving fast around LS, I suddently get lags which get me frozen then continues, then lags and over-peat like something is loading and it takes time the HDD to load it lel, since I don't have SSD.

The most funny part is that when I have graphics on High, I lag less on driving fast, when evreything is on Normal, I get to lag more and more when driving around, it's only when objects maybe load fast etc.

Once again this is problem which I experience only in Eclipse and RAGE.MP itself. Please give me suggestions what to do, is the SSD a factor lol when the game is actually loaded, I though it's about faster game launch.

It seems lika a mod does this lag. I have 60fps in Multiplayer and 30fps on this server. I'd got even two tickets for speeding when I was driving with cruise control 59km/h.  My ping should be near 40 (Moscow) and I have 500mbit connection. So my connection and/or graphics cant produce those lags. Anyway this sort of games doesnt require good connection.

P.S. My game is installed on ssd.

Edited by NBAH79

Doubt its a hard drive issue as I have GTA V installed on a near 10 year old HDD and I don't experience issues.

When you freeze, does the whole game stop including sounds or does the picture just freeze?

And what type of internet do you have? Wi-Fi or ethernet and whats the speed? Because I know in more populated areas if your internet isn't the best the game may fail to load things in time resulting in the game freezing.

It is a combination of CPU and HDD lag.

Can you post your specs below please?

This is extremely common for all players. I assume when you say lag, you mean people/cars not loading, not able to press ‘N’ for push to talk but still keeping high frames, correct?

Edited by MrSilky

How much system memory do you have? What about to turn off your swap file?

And maybe try to lock it at 30hz (half refresh mode with input lag) or set a frame limit to 30 in game profiles in driver control panel. The other problem - it will be reflected to normal game too. 

I think it's just a RageMP thing. Once I travel to certain busy areas it will seem to glitch/freeze for a split second then continue.

I'm running a Intel i7-9800k with a GTX 1070Ti and 16GB of RAM, so my system definitely isn't the issue. I run a stable 120FPS but will drop occasionally and freeze, as mentioned, from time to time.

Sometimes that can happen, it can be due to many things. The first one being the server, the next is your ping, then your computer. It is most likely the first one.

On a side note please use the correct format this is linked below in the future.

If this is still an issue please let me know, if not this is pending archive. 🙂

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/14637-technical-support-thread-requirements-must-read-before-posting/

Enabled vsync, a bit bettee, but i made test, driving fast and if i visit places like MB i get fps drop to 1-5 or 10-15 for 1 sex and back to 60fps, which also causes me freeze for 1-2 secs.

Any help?

I dont have this problem on normal GTA V Multiplayer.

yo im having the same problem.

When i drive buildings start loading up and it gets crazy lag and freez which makes the game unplayable.

I didn't have such a problem a couple weeks ago

my spec:

960 gtx

i5 4460

8gb ram ddr3

and im not using SSD.

I have tried multiple graphic settings too, from lowest to the highest

from 60 hz to 144

non of them worked.

Edited by aXoL

4 hours ago, aXoL said:

yo im having the same problem.

When i drive buildings start loading up and it gets crazy lag and freez which makes the game unplayable.

I didn't have such a problem a couple weeks ago

my spec:

960 gtx

i5 4460

8gb ram ddr3

and im not using SSD.

I have tried multiple graphic settings too, from lowest to the highest

from 60 hz to 144

non of them worked.

It's because your specs simply aren't good enough, I have problems with buildings loading in and I've got 16gb of ram, i5 6600k and a 460x

• Like 1