Cyrus Raven

MDC while off-duty

My opinion has changed since reading responses above. RPly it makes much more sense to contact the Police in the same way any civilian would and relay the information to the responding officer. It doesn't make much sense to set charges yourself when you are an acting civilian on a scene you are involved in, you should give your 2 cents to the officer and let their discretion decide the outcome.

The reason I initially +1'd the idea wasn't for placing charges, but more for PD related situations that a supervisor may have and be required to do in private (sometimes off-duty) but not on active scenes.

59 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

This could be another suggestion, but I find it ironic that criminals want to use government services using numbers that are on the record while being wanted, but want no repercussions from it. 

Just an FYI, Law Enforcement Agencies don't get a call number for any MD calls, they have to manually open the MDC and crosscheck whoever called MD with the Wanted List. It's something that very very few officers and deputies do, myself being one of the few people.

yeah but this server if your an active criminal most cops know you as soon as they see it they check MDC hell it happen to me yesterday i pressed F instead of D and injured myself so i called MD and a cop showed up saying remove your mask Carlos rodriguez, About the phone yeah i used my personal phone because it's currently the only way i can call anyone even if i buy a new phone its still listed as my name

3 minutes ago, Dylan Ortiz said:

yeah but this server if your an active criminal most cops know you as soon as they see it they check MDC hell it happen to me yesterday i pressed F instead of D and injured myself so i called MD and a cop showed up saying remove your mask Carlos rodriguez, About the phone yeah i used my personal phone because it's currently the only way i can call anyone even if i buy a new phone its still listed as my name

Yeah I see your point, it kinda comes with the job I would say. You can't expect to be a big time criminal without others noticing your patterns, clothes, voice, cars, etc... Although an option for criminals to get medical assistance aside from the government provided method or ability to buy a burner phone would be cool to see, would have to be well thought up to avoid everyone and their grandmother using it, maybe limiting in some way so you have to keep buying it.

Edited by Kyle White Raven

28 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

I suggest you take a look at the links I provided a few replies ago, not only are you completely wrong on what it means to be ''off-duty'', but you are also wrong on department protocols, although if you have any screenshots of these feel free to PM them to me and we can take a look at them. 

As for the burner phone suggestion, I would +1 that, but even if that is the case, calling a government service realistically requires you to provide your name and MD to report the type of wound to law enforcement if it is a stab wound, gun shot wound or if the medical call originated from a domestic abuse situation. 

Maybe an illegal doctor that you can pay to fix you up could also help. 

You have provided two dubious links and one from the netherlands which has no bearing of how officers behave in the united states, or specifically, California.

I suggest you look up confirmation bias.

47 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

You have provided two dubious links and one from the netherlands which has no bearing of how officers behave in the united states, or specifically, California.

I suggest you look up confirmation bias.

Maybe you should...

''Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that affirms one's prior beliefs or hypotheses''

I did not go searching for the answer I wanted, I informed myself on the issue. I never had the position that ''off-duty'' officers are able to enforce the law, my position was that it didn't really matter seeing as this server doesn't have a standard police system. However, you kept bringing up realism so I thought I would do my due diligence and see if you had a point.

In fact, claiming the links provided, one of them being a government link, is ''dubious'' without offering anything in return is, in itself, a form of confirmation bias as you are choosing to take your feelings on the subject over going out and doing your own research. But hey prove me wrong and go ahead and link me something buddy, maybe I'm wrong

Edit: image.thumb.png.adf65e3ae41a71be05626f75265bfafe.png

Here you go, a direct quotation from the Los Angeles Police Department Manual, Volume 1, Policy. Is this credible enough for you ?

Added a source.

MDC indeed means MOBILE Data Computer but it was always located in certain POLICE cruisers and vehicles, I didn't quite see people taking them out of police cars and bringing them with themselves in their private vehicles when going off duty.

In my personal opinion it wouldn't be that much of a RP here...

-1 from me, sorry.

4 minutes ago, David Moretti said:

MDC indeed means MOBILE Data Computer but it was always located in certain POLICE cruisers and vehicles, I didn't quite see people taking them out of police cars and bringing them with themselves in their private vehicles when going off duty.

In my personal opinion it wouldn't be that much of a RP here...

-1 from me, sorry.

Just a heads up, this suggestion in no way involves deputies and officers having access to the MDC in their own vehicles, homes or personal devices. It's simply a suggestion to allow access to the /mdc command while off-duty so if a situation arises where a law enforcement agent needs to add charges to someone they can go to the closet available MDC (Mission Row, cruisers, etc..) and not have to let a suspect wait a bunch of time for them to go all the way to their precinct /fduty for a few seconds just to add charges and go back off-duty straight after. Like I said, quality of life improvement.

4 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

Just a heads up, this suggestion in no way involves deputies and officers having access to the MDC in their own vehicles, homes or personal devices. It's simply a suggestion to allow access to the /mdc command while off-duty so if a situation arises where a law enforcement agent needs to add charges to someone they can go to the closet available MDC (Mission Row, cruisers, etc..) and not have to let a suspect wait a bunch of time for them to go all the way to their precinct /fduty for a few seconds just to add charges and go back off-duty straight after. Like I said, quality of life improvement.

Yeah man, I got your idea but somehow I still consider it non-roleplay in this case, but if they decide to implement your idea, I also have nothing against that. I was just expressing my personal opinion, but even if this exists, I am totally fine with it. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, David Moretti said:

Yeah man, I got your idea but somehow I still consider it non-roleplay in this case, but if they decide to implement your idea, I also have nothing against that. I was just expressing my personal opinion, but even if this exists, I am totally fine with it. 🙂

That's fine! Just thought I would clarify so people don't think I'm advocating for all off-duty officers to magically have access to their own personal MDC 😛

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

That's fine! Just thought I would clarify so people don't think I'm advocating for all off-duty officers to magically have access to their own personal MDC 😛

Yeah yeah, got your point brother. In one way it would definitely be useful and great, it is now just up to staff to decide if it would break any RP on the server. Regardless of that, it wouldn't be bad addition at all. 🙂

-1 I have already seen cops abuse the MDC whilst ON duty. IE: Opening it from the back seat of the cruiser where the criminals sit, to scan plates and scanning plates from an unrealistic distance. 

If they had the ability to open that whilst in Civilian clothes... it would be ridiculous. 

Cops IRL don't even have access to a MDC whilst off duty.

Edited by Nubbsauce

5 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

-1 I have already seen cops abuse the MDC whilst ON duty. IE: Opening it from the back seat of the cruiser where the criminals sit, to scan plates and scanning plates from an unrealistic distance. 

If they had the ability to open that whilst in Civilian clothes... it would be ridiculous. 

Cops IRL don't even have access to a MDC whilst off duty.

Literally read my last two replies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.