Riderz

Forum Complaint Suggestion

I've noticed reports being made at a ridicules volume.  I think to deter from complaints that don't (a) cause finical loss that would be considered "substantial" or otherwise effect the outcome of a particular roleplay, I think the parties should attempt to speak with one another regarding the violation and seek to find a solution that way, attaching any attempt made towards outreaching the player. I feel this would benefit some of these situations and possible lighten the load when it comes to player complaints. If both parties can not find a mid-ground upon speaking to one another then a forum complaint can be made or if the party breaking the rules just refuses to accept any form of communication. The outreach attempt should be noted via the forum complaint that an effort was made. If you have any suggestion when it comes to forum complaint utilization please post it here and let's get ideas flowing! 

• Upvote 4

I see what you mean but the question is how would the "talking out" benefit the server or the player? What I mean is - if someone makes my rp experience unpleasant by breaking one or another rule, then what exactly do I talk about with that individual? Like 90% of the reports, the reporting party will fight till the end and not admit their fault until admin makes his decision. Do you really expect people breaking a rule and you telling them "yo, you just broke this and that rule" will make them understand? Sure, let's go the high-road and be the super positive thinking person and see only the good in people and do what you're saying. I talk to this person, I tell them what they did wrong, try to educate and they agree with me. But at the same time, how do I know that this person has not had such conversation before and been guilty before and is just telling me whatever I want to hear just to get rid of me. How will we control those people?

14 minutes ago, OBESE said:

I see what you mean but the question is how would the "talking out" benefit the server or the player? What I mean is - if someone makes my rp experience unpleasant by breaking one or another rule, then what exactly do I talk about with that individual? Like 90% of the reports, the reporting party will fight till the end and not admit their fault until admin makes his decision. Do you really expect people breaking a rule and you telling them "yo, you just broke this and that rule" will make them understand? Sure, let's go the high-road and be the super positive thinking person and see only the good in people and do what you're saying. I talk to this person, I tell them what they did wrong, try to educate and they agree with me. But at the same time, how do I know that this person has not had such conversation before and been guilty before and is just telling me whatever I want to hear just to get rid of me. How will we control those people?

In my experience most don't intend on breaking rules, usually the determinant factor being adrenaline and they simply make a mistake or was not sure on the rule itself. It happens, and I've talk to countless parties were that just be the case. You may presume all that you want regarding the matter but educating and understand will project players towards better understandment then just reporting in spite and being equally as rigid as those you speak of. 

Edited by Tezhl

2 minutes ago, Tezhl said:

In my experience most don't intend on breaking rules, usually the determinant factor being adrenaline and they simply make a mistake or was not sure on the rule itself. It happens, and I've talk to countless parties were these just be the case. You may presume all that you want regarding the matter but educating and understand will project players towards better understatement then just reporting in spite and being equally as rigid as those you speak of. 

I can agree on the mistakes made under adrenaline for sure. Also I am always willing to help a new player to understand the rules and rp better, done it many times. I always take it up to be my responsibility to make sure that members that join my crew or organisation are also educated if needed and informed. And believe me I know a great deal of loosing people to bans for mistakes done under adrenaline.

Although it might sound like a "nicer" way how to deal with these situations, I do not necessarily think it is a "better" way as I have hard times seeing it working in reality. But hey, if it does improve the server and will help us, I will put my vote down for it.

This is already something that is stated as a part of the Player Report Requirements page on the forum:

"Please do not take reporting another player lightly and reserve player reports for situations that have caused severe loss or were abused for benefit. Consider if you could possibly teach this player or if you've tried to come to a resolution on your own. Reporting another player should be reserved for your final options when a rule breach has occurred. Always try to teach other players in the community, especially with newer players, as well as help them truly understand your point of view prior to simply reporting them if something doesn't go your way."

Yah we should do that, and many do it. I know The Wanted make an extra effort to communicate any time a rule is violated, by them or others, and many other factions do as well.

But as others stated, it is more of a culture thing, and a community thing, rather then something that should be a hard/fast rule.
Simply because it can ruin an otherwise quality RP experience to stop everything to have an OOC conversation because the only way to file a player report is if I have some lengthy conversation with every rule breaker.

I agree we SHOULD talk more, but disagree we MUST talk more.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. 

As Aldarine already stated, 

This is already something that is stated as a part of the Player Report Requirements page on the forum:

"Please do not take reporting another player lightly and reserve player reports for situations that have caused severe loss or were abused for benefit. Consider if you could possibly teach this player or if you've tried to come to a resolution on your own. Reporting another player should be reserved for your final options when a rule breach has occurred. Always try to teach other players in the community, especially with newer players, as well as help them truly understand your point of view prior to simply reporting them if something doesn't go your way."

Suggestion Locked & Archived.