HighTV

The Rooks

“What’s it like to be a rook?”

Fuck.

I got arrested for the first time. Then the second time. Then the third time.

arrested.png

I’m no longer seen as an innocent medic in the eyes of the law – just the devil in pink. My world has officially been turned upside down for good, no going back.

devil_in_pink.jpg

After joining the rooks, I became extremely close to Randy and Andrew, almost instantly. It felt natural, as if our souls were connected. They were like brothers to me, and the connection we all had together grew stronger and stronger as days passed. Then one day, after realizing I had no actual family (known to me anyway..), I decided to take a blood test to see where my relatives were... turns out they were in the fucking Rooks.

Andrew and Randy were both my older brothers and this whole time no one had any idea. However, it explained a whole lot about their protective nature over me and the passion and fire burning inside of me to protect them both with every fiber of my being. I decided to embrace this and change my last name to what it should've been all along - Berkowitz. Thus, Anneliese Berkowitz was born. 

bros1.png

bros2.png

bros3.png

image0.png

I’m all in.

I put everything on the line - including my life - for just the opportunity to join this family - and I found my brothers. My daily life has consisted of meetings with various other gangs, hitting banks, robbing stores, and shooting people. Sounds basic for a criminal, doesn’t it?

Wrong. Rooks are different. We move different. It’s pretty fucking hard to find us or even identify us, and that’s simply because you don’t know who we are or who we’re with until we want you to know. Its one of our biggest strengths.

We're known for the business deals we offer and make, the connections we've built with others, and the pure fact that my family has lasted the longest in this city. 

We have something others don't - loyalty

image1.png

This is my family. The people I risk my life for every fucking day. The people I'd drop absolutely anything I'm doing to help, no matter what. We're coming in full force to take back the respect we deserve. 

image0.png

The people of Los Santos ain't ready for what's about to fucking hit them.

image0.png

image0.png

image0.png

Fly or die. The devil in disguise - Anneliese Berkowitz.

image0.png

• Like 21
  • PogU 2
  • yooo 1

“I’m tired of feeling restrained...I want to go see what's out there for me in the city”

Damien had spent 5 months in the city and had spent no short time making a name for himself, quickly rising through the ranks to a command position in the Vigilante organization Salvation. People knew him as reliable and trustworthy, you could go to him to get something fixed. But despite his rank and the family he had bonded with, It wasn’t enough. Damien sat across alongside his good friends Marcus Falcone and Joshua Braithwaite and his own sister Urban when they broke the news that all they would be leaving Salvation in pursuit of a faster paced lifestyle, while they appreciated everyone there they all felt downtrodden and held back from what they really excelled at, criminal activity. U3B5KqFXcGHEswMM1Duxlmwoj22S8oFyN1ntm7Didi4HOWdRF_rmVVTHL-FOtfsfbH-zmHfs_pymK86EKffrPtckS0O2sBBAy0IvnjsOCcNx1RSt02DKg35uP9xM2q7sFB_9rnxr=s1600

“Damien c’mere! There’s someone I want you to meet!”

The recognizable voice of an old friend cut through the rabble of the pier as Damien drove in on his bike, the man led Damien over to a figure with blonde hair and a black mask as his friend made the two acquainted. “Johnny, this is my good friend Damien...Give him some work, trust me hes a really fucking good guy” it hadn’t been an hour since he departed from his old org and Damien was already turning heads, the two talked and exchanged numbers and with that Damien would take the first steps into his new life.

Ea_ujf84FEo7ramh4mfTKPEbDj08_vevt5tmrUd5ocnMgjzo8FCgQYq4k4ULjcjkHmtaJHDktVcu5bqZoSoNz3WmE4O0a7JjLLa_jbCQTPr8lqWQVSQZjBD88069p3RN3z3T_VuZ=s1600

“I have one question to ask you, and I’m going to ask it twice…”

Over the course of the next week, Damien would be taking every waking moment to get in on any and all operations that were offered to him, from hitting stores, Braddocks or helping with drops to things mundane such as watching cars for them. He needed to get his name out there to each and every one of the men and women he hoped to one day call his family. He needed to prove to all of them including himself that he was worthy of joining their ranks. Till one day, he found himself at the point of no return, as Harley looked over to him and asked “are you willing to give up everything, including your life just for the OPPORTUNITY to join the Rooks?” He knew that there was no going back, he would either leave there a member of the family or another failed stain on the side of the reservoir that hung below them. With an astounding 9-1 vote count at the end, Damien had obviously caught the attention of his new family and knew that under the Rooks he would go on to do great things. Much like a bird leaving the nest Damien had just begun spreading his wings.

9t42c6VgGM8FcmpnraKZ65Il97wKN5PcODh9-MK4SJPVR864zDukBp0h5UrVOyXGDGwzFOsE0-gG0jWaeglnEGy8qqLYTat6BAULkcUIOEGf9g8kpz9Ngwb9lFyV_WT0MyY6gjch=s1600

• Like 21
  • yooo 1

YxblGfN.jpg

The previous night's shenanigans replayed in her head as she slowly opened her eyes as the sun blinded her. Her head was still throbbing from the loud music and LSD she took, restraint has become an issue as of late for her. She shook her head slowly as she tried to sit up and tried to remember everything she had done through the night. She rubbed her eyes trying to clear her visions and looked over to the other side of the bed...empty. 

The fuck?” she questioned as she looked down at her shirt which was ripped and had blood adorned on the right side. “What the fuck happened..” she rubbed her head as she tried to recall the events, unable to even form full thoughts. She climbed out of bed and made her way to the bathroom stumbling slightly still groggy and tripped over her red coat nearly falling to the ground. “Fuck…” 

As she looked down and picked it up the smell of gasoline stung her nose and she dropped it immediately. Confused at what was going on she continued on her path and ran the shower before she went downstairs. 

The freshly ground coffee spread throughout the penthouse as she made her way down the stairs. As usual he was nowhere to be found, it's become normal again like the majority of their relationship, this she was used to, but unfortunately had a taste of what it was like to have him try to be there. She wiped the sleep from her eyes as she reached for the faucet and began to wash her hands. The cold water cascading over her warm skin felt nice and the scent of honeysuckle caused her to inhale deeply as it filled her sinuses giving her pause. She sighed as she turned off the water and dried her hands and reached for the freshly brewed cup of coffee and made her way to the couch. 

She turned on the news as she sat down and there was a missing person poster being shown of a blonde man last seen at the pop up nightclub she had gone to last night. She rolled her eyes as she imagined he probably got really fucked up and wound up in an alley somewhere fucking some random more than likely and was too fucked up to go home yet. 

ZACH JAMES MISSING

Last seen wearing a black t-shirt, blue and black jeans at a pop up night club in downtown Los Santos.

If seen please call LSPD immediately or if you have information please call! 

jil2xkw.jpgMYUzuzu.png

"Learn to control your shit people" she sighed as she muted the TV and took a sip of her coffee and went to check emails on her phone. She nearly spit out her coffee as the voice caught her off guard.

"You know it's never gonna be how you want it right?"

She sighed as she pursed her lips and let out a low growl before taking another sip of her coffee. "...stop."

"You know I'm right, dunno why you keep acting as if you wish it, you can will it. Don't be an idiot Ravyn."

"Enough!" She snapped as she grit her teeth together. "...just-- enough! I don’t need reminding, okay? Fuck. I just need-- It will be--

The sarcastic mocking tone in her laugh echoed through the room and onto the other areas of the penthouse. “You are pathetic, you have become so weak. Useless. Irr-el-evant.” she taunted slowly. “I’m surprised he hasn’t tossed you aside, but then again when you behave so well and sit and look pretty, why not, you fit so well in his trophy display case don't you….You are an embarrassment. Kill yourself and do us all a favor. You know everyone else wishes you would anyway. You hear it, you see it, you are nothing.

STOP!” Ravyn screamed as she shot up to a standing position, mug in hand. “ENOUGH!” she screamed out again as she clenched her fists, breaking the ceramic mug as it shattered in her hands. As the mix of coffee and blood splashed to the floor and streamed down her arms she closed her eyes tight tilting her head to the ground. The exasperated sigh left nothing to the imagination, the defeat had become evident, and it was becoming harder to hide. 

Mrs. Ravyn? Are you okay?” The housekeeper peeked around the corner from the office she was currently cleaning. 

I’m sorry Carmen, yes, I just had an accident. I will clean it once I bandage this up, don’t worry about it.” Ravyn responded frantically as she took off her top and quickly wrapped her hand in trying to stop any more blood from falling to the floor.

No no, let me get it Mrs. Ravyn, go take care of that!” She quickly ran to the kitchen cabinet to grab the cleaning supplies needed to do the job and ran into the living room, not wasting any time. 

This is why I love you Carmen, and why you deserve the bonus you get. You are the best." Ravyn smiled softly with tears in her eyes.  

Are you okay Mrs. Ravyn? I heard you arguing with someone. I know it is not my business to ask, but I see you are upset” she said softly as she motioned to Ravyns red puffy eyes.

You are right Carmen, you shouldn't be asking, but it's a good thing he isn't here...I’ll be fine. Thank you” Ravyn responded as she made her way upstairs. 

As she stood leaning over the bathroom sink, the mixture of water and blood flowing down the drain she stood staring at herself in the mirror. Unrecognizable, irrelevant, weak...useless. Her brows furrowed and lips snarled as she stared back at this stranger she's become. 

Finally ready for a change?” her voice mocked her from behind. 

Go. Away.” Ravyn hissed over her shoulder as she looked behind her to the toilet where she sat cross legged, arms folded with a holier than thou smirk spread across her face. “Can you just die already?” she scoffed as she grabbed the hand towel and wrapped it tight around her left hand. 

After you bitch” she responded far too quickly. “Maybe not even then, maybe I’m what he truly needs…

Fuck off!” Ravyn growled as she launched the water glass across the room towards her head as it shattered above her head and pieces crashed to the ground. “Just, fuck off” Ravyn sighed in defeat as she turned to leave the bathroom.

You know this isn’t going to just go away right? You need a release, you fucken useless cunt. You need to be able to let go and stop trying  to be something you're not. You know this won't work.” she pestered. “It’s only a matter of time before you snap….like last time. Do you remember the last time Ray?” She giggled evilly, the smile was sinister. “Oh yes, you definitely remember I can tell” she chuckled as she clapped too eagerly as the look on Ravyns face began to twist and contort as she twitched slightly as she closed her eyes.

Leave me alone. LEAVE!” Ravyn protested and pleaded. “I can't’ lose my shit again. I won’t. I have too much to lose.” Ravyn fell back on her bed staring out at the view. "Too much.

Ha” she scoffed, “You also have everything to gain don’t you? Hmm? You only have this shitty stuff to lose…” she said in detest as she knocked a vase to the floor. “...and what ever the fuck this is…” she huffed tossing another sculpture to the floor. “And what the fuck is this suppose to be?” She turned her nose up as she pulled her switchblade out twisting and flailing it around in a nonchalant way pointing at the priceless painting in the closet. “I can fix this mess” she began to carve at it until it resembled something a large wild cat got their claws into for fun. “Much better, where is the lighter fluid?” she continued to laugh.

Leave me alone already” Ravyn repeated one last time. 

Know what I’ve noticed?” she continued to pester, “All the effort you put into this gorgeous watch for him and it just sits here, it’s a shame don’t you think? Also, it's hilarious you don’t have a ring on that so-called wedding finger, but wait, oh that's right, you aren’t actually married are you? Ha. You have found Mr. Dreamy haven’t you? You have really let your standards go haven’t you? I mean the least you could have from this is a fat ass rock right? I mean, not really marriage, is it really even a real commitment? I mean most of your relationship you guys were never together. Do you remember when people would talk so much shit to you? Oh, you are never with Dmitri, he never has you around. Are you two even together? Oh then remember the most pathetic thing, changing your last name to his?  You are a fucken loser! Didn’t he just recently start saying you were his wife? You are such a pity case. Oh the best part was a few months ago Ravyn….God it was the best…

Don’t finish that fucken sentence, I am warning you…” Ravyn hissed.

The couple times you tried to stand up for yourself and demand respect from him….” she laughs hard, “the response he gave you , put you right back in your hole! The guilt line, bro! It was amazing, and you fucken apologized and it was his shitty fucken behavior! What is fucken wrong with you?! Fucks safe!” she laughed falling over. “You are so sad. I’m sad for you and I want to help, hence the reason I’m here. I am gonna help you again!” she sighed as she picked herself off the ground and sat on the bed next to her. As she scooted closer and laid her head on Ravyns shoulder she whispered, “You know I’m right, please don’t make this hard like last time, you know the outcome will be so much bloodier than normal.” 

Go away.” Ravyn repeated as she sat up and turned away from her. 

Have it your way! I hope you're ready to play because I have been so bored, this is going to be epic.” she giggled as she gets up and begins to walk downstairs.

DON’T COME BACK!” Ravyn yelled after her and instantly jumped as Dmitri walked through the door.

Um, you good?” he poked his head around the corner, “Am I interrupting a call?

No you’re good I’m done with the conversation. Sorry.” she looked over her shoulder at him. “I’ve got it under control.

"Why does it smell like gas in here?" he questioned.

"I must spilled gas while putting gas in, I dunno." she replied.

"Did you hear they found the bones of that guy that went missing from the news? The autopsy they did said he was murdered and then hacked up then set on fire," he giggled, "...someone has some real anger issues, and you thought I was bad babe. Get dressed, we can go for lunch." he giggled as he walked back downstairs.

Edited by HeyRavyn
  • Like 19