vuki

Medical Helipads in Sandy

Basically title, people hate it when I come with a medevac because I have to take them to the city, I hate flying all the way back when there's 2 more calls in sandy/paleto. It will improve MD response time massively and enjoyment of patients not having to go all the way back to the city

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Copperhorse said:

A small hospital in a poor city full of mobile homes isn't advanced enough to have a helipad. Doesn't make RP sense.

Theres literally 2 plane runways, one of which has a helipad, Also MD isn't very poor

• Like 1

Kind of on the fence for this one. While it would be convenient for some people, it really doesn’t make RP sense for the Sandy hospital. The hospital in Sandy is small, run down, and looks like a small clinic that is the only form of medical treatment for northern residents and this turned into a hospital. Looking at the hospital visually and the environment, it is true that a helipad wouldn’t make much sense. Realistically, helipads and medevac are stationed in highly populated central areas at state of the art hospitals equipped to handle the traumas that come from calls requiring medevac. Sandy just doesn’t fit the bill and I tend to lean on the side of realism over convenience.

Edited by Aldarine

5 hours ago, Aldarine said:

Kind of on the fence for this one. While it would be convenient for some people, it really doesn’t make RP sense for the Sandy hospital. The hospital in Sandy is small, run down, and looks like a small clinic that is the only form of medical treatment for northern residents and this turned into a hospital. Looking at the hospital visually and the environment, it is true that a helipad wouldn’t make much sense. Realistically, helipads and medevac are stationed in highly populated central areas at state of the art hospitals equipped to handle the traumas that come from calls requiring medevac. Sandy just doesn’t fit the bill and I tend to lean on the side of realism over convenience.

this isn't entirely true. there are a lot of heli-pads in run down areas in the real world.
Also if MD could drop off 10-15's at sandy it would help SD out and be a less of a distance for them to travel with said 10-15's to DOC also with PD. the biggest convenience is to the community itself.. it sucks when your far north and you get hurt.. MD tries to respond with a MEDEVAC for time reasons which will force the player to travel a long distance to recovery their vehicle..
I could list real life heli pads in worse places but that wont change anything. I think most people would agree that a heli-pad at sandy would make realistic sense considering there is a heli pad just across the street in the desert.

9 hours ago, Skidamarink said:

this isn't entirely true. there are a lot of heli-pads in run down areas in the real world.
Also if MD could drop off 10-15's at sandy it would help SD out and be a less of a distance for them to travel with said 10-15's to DOC also with PD. the biggest convenience is to the community itself.. it sucks when your far north and you get hurt.. MD tries to respond with a MEDEVAC for time reasons which will force the player to travel a long distance to recovery their vehicle..
I could list real life heli pads in worse places but that wont change anything. I think most people would agree that a heli-pad at sandy would make realistic sense considering there is a heli pad just across the street in the desert.

I really do understand the convenience but I still just don't see the realism in it, I really don't I'm sorry. To me it would be so immersion breaking to see a nice helicopter land on a small run down hospital in the middle of an incredibly run down and seemingly impoverished area of the city. The heli-pad across the street doesn't relate to a heli-pad at the run down hospital. 

Sandy clinic center doesn't really sound like a place that could support air units, even emergency cases are questionable. Usually if someone needs an air unit to rescue them, they're so badly hurt that going to a clinic would simply not make sense. If air units are used IRL, they always go to the hospital to provide the best treatment possible, giving the person the highest chances of survival. 

This also sounds like something that can be solved IC. If you want to drop off someone quicker, call for an ambulance to wait for you at the airstrip and transfer the patient.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marca said:

Sandy clinic center doesn't really sound like a place that could support air units, even emergency cases are questionable. Usually if someone needs an air unit to rescue them, they're so badly hurt that going to a clinic would simply not make sense. If air units are used IRL, they always go to the hospital to provide the best treatment possible, giving the person the highest chances of survival. 

This also sounds like something that can be solved IC. If you want to drop off someone quicker, call for an ambulance to wait for you at the airstrip and transfer the patient.

Hell ya that sounds awesome.. a MEDEVAC using radio to communicate a pickup at the air strip.. then dropped off at sandy.. I would love to see MD with tons of active on duty medics so they could do things like that.. talk about immersive.. that would be amazing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skidamarink said:

Hell ya that sounds awesome.. a MEDEVAC using radio to communicate a pickup at the air strip.. then dropped off at sandy.. I would love to see MD with tons of active on duty medics so they could do things like that.. talk about immersive.. that would be amazing. 

Let's work towards getting this done IC! This sounds like a fantastic idea.

-1 As mentioned by others, I don’t think a municipality like Sandy Shores would have the funding to be able to supply their 1000sq ft. hospital with a medevac helipad. Sandy Shores is essentially an urgent care center, any critical patients would need to be transported to a more advanced facility for their medical needs. 

BIIIIG +1 for the sandy airport -> MD transport though. Only issue I can see is that taking longer than an ambulance would have.

Edited by Zion Willard

+1

• *Drop at helipad at Sandy Airstrip
  • "/do waiting medical staff pick up <name> and transport them to the nearest medical center"
  • *spawn at Sandy MD.

With the sheriff department out there and more activity growing, there should definitely be a solution for MD, whether it be assignments out there or better air support.

Edited by Xoza

On 8/5/2019 at 9:55 PM, Xoza said:

+1

• "/do waiting medical staff pick up <name> and transport them to the nearest medical center"
  • *spawn at Sandy MD.

With the sheriff department out there and more activity growing, there should definitely be a solution for MD, whether it be assignments out there or better air support.

After reading the different suggestions here I think this is my favourite. Let the script give an automated response and have the player RPly transported to Sandy just like @Xoza mentions.

Big +1 for this, we have waited long enough for some sort of Air drop-off support at Sandy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SkuLLar said:

-1 yes i would like a helipad to be there but, its non rp.

That city is poor af and that hospital probably wouldnt get any money invesment into getting a helipad

On 8/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, Xoza said:

+1

• *spawn at Sandy MD.

Sandy airstrip is just down the road. It's actually within render distance, so a teleport/revive would even not impact area loading.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.