Sean Hamilton

Realistic driving server rule.

Title speaks for itself badically.

Currently there is no rule against driving heavily off-road or climbing massive 45-90° mountains/Hills.

Its allowed by GTA5 physics to stunt drive like this and with an offroad bike or 4x4 vehicle its an easy, quick solution to escape and get away safely. Leaving cops/pursuers without any viable experience or RP solution. It is purely Win mentality.

Is this server Cops Vs (Escape from Police) Robbers, or is it an actual Realistic RP server??

And yes, cops do follow over mountains, server allows it.

Send your thoughts.

It can be considered Non-RP, depending on the vehicle.

Law enforcement does have some expectations that are essentially summed up to...

• Be better at RP then everyone else.
  • Don't break server rules.
  • Don't be an idiot, respond realistically.
  • Find other alternatives first and if available.
  • Do thinks safely that wouldn't endanger yourself or others.

Yep, sometimes people get away, but 90% of the time, that's not the end.

47 minutes ago, Xoza said:

It can be considered Non-RP, depending on the vehicle.

I asked admin can hachou drag bike drive in the mountains and so on or that's punishable? they said no it's not against the rules. When it's racing bike to go basicly straight on clean road not on mountains so yeah...

19 minutes ago, Sean Hamilton said:

?? Did you eh.. read the topic?

Okay... allow me to restructure my statement using quotes and a little additional information.

4 hours ago, Sean Hamilton said:

Title speaks for itself badically.

Currently there is no rule against driving heavily off-road or climbing massive 45-90° mountains/Hills.

Its allowed by GTA5 physics to stunt drive like this and with an offroad bike or 4x4 vehicle its an easy, quick solution to escape and get away safely. Leaving cops/pursuers without any viable experience or RP solution. It is purely Win mentality.

Due to the NON-RP rule that exists and driving offroad / crazy / in a vehicle not intended for it. I assume "Realistic Driving" violations would fall under NON-RP.

+1 to defining realistic driving better under Non-RP.

4 hours ago, Sean Hamilton said:

Is this server Cops Vs (Escape from Police) Robbers, or is it an actual Realistic RP server??

And yes, cops do follow over mountains, server allows it.

Send your thoughts.

I responded to this thinking this was a legitimate question/statement in a neutral, unbiased manner. Since I know you've done the LEO thing and that you're staff, I see what you're trying to say now.

@Xoza Alright, i get ya! Thanks for clarification.

Yeah, i mean how would the major populus want it basically. As a Sheriff i abort maybe 80% of all initiated pursuits on bikes considering our territory of operations. It's just not worth the time or effort.

And since rage supports mods, it's possible to add a realistic driving mod. (?! I think !?) Forcing lower speeds due to breaks and road handling for both crims and cops alike ofcourse. Evading should in many cases be based on your skill as a driver.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sean Hamilton said:

@Xoza Alright, i get ya! Thanks for clarification.

Yeah, i mean how would the major populus want it basically. As a Sheriff i abort maybe 80% of all initiated pursuits on bikes considering our territory of operations. It's just not worth the time or effort.

And since rage supports mods, it's possible to add a realistic driving mod. (?! I think !?) Forcing lower speeds due to breaks and road handling for both crims and cops alike ofcourse. Evading should in many cases be based on your skill as a driver.

lower all motorcycle speeds by 25% maybe

On 8/1/2019 at 10:57 PM, Xoza said:

If not on flat surface, reduce vehicle health and reliability by 1 point every second if not specifically 'this set of vehicles'? Maybe increase fuel usage when no on a road?

Before working on fuel usage they should get EVs working.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:39 PM, Copperhorse said:

Actually there are no non-rp punishments issued for driving your vehicle offroad or going up a mountain. The current motto is as long as GTA physics allow it then you are allowed to do it. You just aren't allowed to stunt jump.

-1 and +1, I don't like restricting otherwise bad RP decisions (choosing to drive off-road) to server rules. However, if you do choose to drive off-road with a shitty non 4x4 car then you should be having a VERY hard time, which is why a server-side driving script should exist. Do you want to drive your car off-road? You better believe that shit's gonna break quickly, unless you've modified it to do so. (Example: Not having a lowered suspension and off-road tires should have an effect on the script to make the car more viable off-road, of course, these modifications would most likely have no impact on sports car unless you allow sports cars to have lift kits or something)

+1. The easiest solution to evading Pd at the moment is going off-road, and just like supercars aren’t allowed to ram, the same should be said for their ability to climb mountains. However, I feel like this is something that existed in the past but that was removed. The only issue with implementing this is the potential of reports for bad reasoning - I.e reporting someone who spins out off the road.

Edit - I would like to add that players who consider themselves to uphold high standards for their RP should be doing this regardless of whether there is a rule or not. 

Edited by Zion Willard

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• Rules regarding Non-RP driving with offroad vehicles are enforced a lot more strictly. If you are chasing an offroad vehicle and it goes offroad then that is an issue you need to deal with IC.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,

Chunder