Hills

The ability to remove the timer for locking and unlocking vehicle

We should have the ability to remove the timer for locking and unlocking our own personal owned vehicle by having an option in the modification to install a passive motionless key system in our vehicle which could cost around ($5000 upto $25000) depends which would remove that timer.

• Upvote 2

Modern? All the cars have remotes to lock/unlock, the timer should be removes on cars. Modern cars don't even have keys to unlock the doors with, everything is on remotes. Overall the timing needs a re-work in my opion, searching a bag and house stash takes the same time.. +1

• Upvote 1

+1

I love progress, but I think this was a step back. We're not in the 70's

• Key in hand by the time I get to the car.
  • Press button or unlock in no more than 2 seconds.

I guess if you own a lot of things, you may be fumbling with keys? But still, you'd probably have the right key in your hand before you unlock.

Most modern cars have keyless ignition and keyless unlock/locking. You simply have to have the key on your person and then you can unlock/lock the car using a button on the door handle and start the car by clicking an ignition button on the dashboard. Unlocking a car takes less than a second so I am unsure as to why there is a timer for it.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.