Astrox

Applications

Applications

The current wait time for an application is apparently 40-50 days+, that's unheard of, and clearly the system has a serious flaw in it.

To speed the process up, I think that the application should be completely automated; the way to do this would be, if you pass the application you're a part of the server. Then you have to write a character backstory and other written tests that will get looked over. If the applicant exhibits good enough English, and RP abilities they are accepted. 

I'm not even sure if this is a good way of doing it, but 40-50 days is actually insane, I want to play with my friends but I have to wait over a month? Bloody hell.

Please leave your own suggestions on the matter below so this might actually get fixed.

• Like 1

-1 The manual review process serves also as a dam that stops a big chunk of players from just joining the server all at once. Without it, the staff would be swamped with people breaking the rules, people bypassing bans due to ease of access.

Having manual reviews is not just about English skills, its also about filtering out people who understand the rules and are here for the RP and not just GTAO.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

-1 The manual review process serves also as a dam that stops a big chunk of players from just joining the server all at once. Without it, the staff would be swamped with people breaking the rules, people bypassing bans due to ease of access.

Having manual reviews is not just about English skills, its also about filtering out people who understand the rules and are here for the RP and not just GTAO.

Even with the manual process, staff gets swamped with reports of rule breaking.

While it's a shame people have to wait so long to get in, it helps ensure quality control to make the server an enjoyable experience. 

-1 to relaxing the application process at all at this time.

+1

Wait times are incredibly long there's definitely either only like 200 apps being completed or there's a flaw in the system. Trying to bring friends to the server always fails when you say "oh yeah it's a month and a half wait time". 

• Upvote 1

-1.  The current way is that there is more strain on staff handling applications.  What you are suggesting would create many more issues in game, for both players, in game staff and staff handling the forum reports.

+1 

The current application process is absurd. I understand that people want to have 100% good roleplay all the time however how does a new player adapt and learn to roleplay when all the servers are requiring knowledge of that who has high experience in roleplay servers. I'm sure a lot of people are only being accepted due to their previous experience in SAMP roleplay servers. 

The ability to write up nonsense biographys does not determine how much of a good roleplayer you are. I believe the current player base would be much larger and would also create a lot more RP opportunities if the applications were automated. Keep the quiz in place because that at least ensures people understand the basics of the rules, after that you just have to take the good with the bad. There is a huge period of time throughout certain timezones where there is only 60 odd people online making it almost impossible to roleplay with anyone since the city turns into a ghost town.

Proposal: Keep the current 14 question quiz in place that is already automated and remove the rubbish written questions because they are just a waste of time and already cover your answers in the quiz beforehand. This allows new players to learn instead of Eclipse RP being an elitist community that expects to be filled with Veteran roleplayers. Every server in SAMP failed and lost a lot of potential players due to this same technique. It will also increase the experienced RP player base as well as I know myself and know a lot of others who have roleplayed for the past 10 years that are avoiding this server and not playing it due to wait times etc. People are getting bored and sick of waiting and move onto the next game. In a modern society having a 30 day wait period and sometimes even longer just to play a server on GTA 5 multiplayer is just laughable.

The wait time was only a problem due to an extreme surge in numbers generated from twitch, the majority of rp servers either had the same issue or just completely closed their doors. However with the new system that Mike and Nobody created the app team is destroy that queue as it looks like the entire queue will disappear within a week or two. 

Onto your suggestion: the written quiz isn't hard to pass all it does is ensure players understand our rules and our terminology, there has been a huge number of first time roleplayers that have passed the quiz.

Personally I don't want to go back to the time before the written quiz. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.