Weecey

Being able to break out of DOC (With a script)

So as of now, You can break out of DOC... but it is very hard to do so through RP and you have to wait for admin permission. By the time, its been approved you normally end up back in jail because the DOC officers have caught you. 

I think it would be a great idea to develop the prison, so that convicts can break out. For example, having a black market dealer in prison, where you can either find or purchase lock picks and bobby pins. This could be done by having a store in the prison, but you can get contacts in prison to allow you to get hold of the contraband. The store could be very expensive, so for example a bobby pin ends up being like $7000. Because you can do a lot with them. This item would allow you to Unlock cells and doors. Then, when you get out of the prison you end up in the courtyard. (With non of the placed walls that are there now) then there should be 3-4 little flaws in the security which allows prisoners to escape but at a high risk. Not only, would this give prisoner things to do while in jail but it also would benefit DOC officers because their job becomes more important, this would mean the courtyard, cells and doors in between would all need guarding. Meaning that a DOC officer would have a lot more pressure than currently. 

IF a prisoner manages to get beyond the fences, a script should be implemented to allow the prisoner to be free, but on the run. So what i mean, is when a player gets so far from the prison grounds, they get a prompt at the top of the page which says something along the lines of [SUCCESS] You have escaped from Jail, and are now WANTED. This script would now allow the player to run free, and not teleport them back to jail. Jail time should be set to 0 and a warrant should be issued to the escaping player. 

Finally, for all of this to work correctly, the teleport markers in jail should place a player inside of the grounds, instead of outside of reception. Unless, a player manages to escape via the prison reception but this way should be made more difficult as you would exit the prison on the outside of the fence. 

I think this would be a great addition to Eclipse Roleplay. It gives a huge opportunity for jobs in Los Santos as more DOC officers would need to be acquired to secure the prisoners and it would also make the DOC officers job more fit for purpose. If you agree with me, and would like to see this please +1 This Thread. 

• Upvote 5

I support the idea of prison being worked on and some additions to it like a store within it or something but I disagree of making a break out require even less RP than it currently does. Prison break is already too easy to do, I personally break out most of the cases that DOC is online and I haven't broken out already that week therefore making it possible with a purchase done on a store scriptly would encourage everyone to try it every time they get locked up.

• Upvote 1

Agree with the spirit of the proposal. Assuming that spirit  is to add more fun and diverse RP for prisoners and DOC.

A few problems stand out to me with the proposal, but the overarching theme is simply that making prison break more easily accessible will not enhance RP at the prison.

Problem 1: Black market "store" is not realistic and difficult to balance.  Prisoners won't have much if any cash on them, and certainly not bank cards or account info. 

Problem 2: Overstretches DOC beyond a reasonable capacity. Needing guards stationed  at more places than currently required/encouraged, would require a massive increase in hiring. 

Problem 3: It would make transport, intake, and processing of convicts take far longer. If the prison is on lock-down more often, people will see large delays as they wait in the back of cop cars for the prison to be secure. 

Prison break policy might need adjusting, but I don't think that the OP presents the best solution to our collective craving for enhanced RP in prison. 

Alternative solutions exist!

Solution: Fun recreational activities, e.g. sports or games or music, that DOC and (well-behaved) inmates could compete in against each other or enjoy together.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:38 AM, Gramz said:

Solution: Fun recreational activities, e.g. sports or games or music, that DOC and (well-behaved) inmates could compete in against each other or enjoy together.

^ There is many games implemented in the original GTA V. Tennis, Cards, Darts. They could stick a dartboard in the prison and that'd solve a lot more issues with boredom, AFK'ing and non RP.

However as the points state above, for me it's a -1, not enough members of staff at DoC and it's all everyone would do, they'd just break out all the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.