heller190

Regarding new speeding tickets system

So there's a new system in which you get a speeding ticket automatically by cameras/machines.

The system is pretty okay but there's something unrealistic about it, I believe you should only receive these tickets only when you are driving your personal vehicle, because today I was driving a vehicle which I stole and I got tickets and I paid them. it's unrealistic because I don't believe it's possible to realize that it was me driving that stolen car.

There are solutions on the table, one of them is disabling the ticketing while you are driving a vehicle which is not yours or make the tickets go to the owner of the vehicle.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ThePro said:

Staff team already responded to this suggestion, saying that they know about it, and they are working on a more complex system that only the owner of the vehicle will receive a ticket.

Just a small note so that this is not taken out of context. The system will change only after a drastic improvement in people driving recklessly. At the moment it's scripted this way because it's becoming an OOC issue, people recklessly driving all over the place, but especially through NCZs. If the server were to adjust to the speed cameras and start driving properly, it may be changed in the future.

Edited by alexalex303

40 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Just a small note so that this is not taken out of context. The system will change only after a drastic improvement in people driving recklessly. At the moment it's scripted this way because it's becoming an OOC issue, people recklessly driving all over the place, but especially through NCZs. If the server were to adjust to the speed cameras and start driving properly, it may be changed in the future.

That is really scary - to sacrifice realism and force non-rp actions by LSPD to alleviate some OOC issue. This logic is flawed and dangerous to the greatness of Eclipse.

Cameras/speed traps catching license plates and allocating fines is one thing but ignoring masks and vehicle ownership is scary. I don't have it too bad but I can imagine new players (who will probably get arrested/caught aswell) are destroying their entire characters because of this system in the manner of draining their bank accounts dry because you can easily get 5-15k worth of speeding tickets just learning these cameras exist - that's probably on the low end btw (lol).

If you want to deal with OOC issues I would suggest using OOC means such as placing admins in these places and dishing out punishment for the driving issues that spawned this camera-speeding-ticket-system.

-Vito

Edited by Vito_Vanucci

Just now, KevinBlackburn said:

This speeding ticket system is terrible. Also not to mention take a lot of RP away from cops. This definitely needs to be removed. 

Do you know (or anyone else) if this is reported to cops after 3 days IC or OOC and is it even reported via marking you as  a player or how do cops enforce these tickets IC?

3 hours ago, Vito_Vanucci said:

Do you know (or anyone else) if this is reported to cops after 3 days IC or OOC and is it even reported via marking you as  a player or how do cops enforce these tickets IC?

They're added to your record which we can search up. It shows if you've paid the tickets or not.

Also, if you receive a Reckless Driving charge (for going 80 km/h or more over the limit) then you have an outstanding arrest warrant until you serve your time.

5 hours ago, Vito_Vanucci said:

That is really scary - to sacrifice realism and force non-rp actions by LSPD to alleviate some OOC issue. This logic is flawed and dangerous to the greatness of Eclipse.

Cameras/speed traps catching license plates and allocating fines is one thing but ignoring masks and vehicle ownership is scary. I don't have it too bad but I can imagine new players (who will probably get arrested/caught aswell) are destroying their entire characters because of this system in the manner of draining their bank accounts dry because you can easily get 5-15k worth of speeding tickets just learning these cameras exist - that's probably on the low end btw (lol).

If you want to deal with OOC issues I would suggest using OOC means such as placing admins in these places and dishing out punishment for the driving issues that spawned this camera-speeding-ticket-system.

-Vito

Wouldn't say it's scary if it's making the rp environment better. And also there's no way admins would be standing there using their own personal free time to make sure some people dont speeding.

7 hours ago, heller190 said:

I believe you should only receive these tickets only when you are driving your personal vehicle

Okay but how are the cameras going to know you are in your personal vehicle? The speed cameras were only added for one reason and that is to stop the reckless driving.. not really any RP behind them in my opinion... 

39 minutes ago, xxxJustTimmy said:

Okay but how are the cameras going to know you are in your personal vehicle? The speed cameras were only added for one reason and that is to stop the reckless driving.. not really any RP behind them in my opinion... 

Real life speeding cameras capture the license's plate and the owner of the vehicle receives a ticket, and that's how it should be done.

So assuming you are in a stolen vehicle and you are being chased by some people or the police, you start speeding, is it realistic to receive all these speeding tickets?

In my opinion and that's what I strongly suggest.

Non-rp driving for no reason should be handled by the staff team.

Speeding in your personal vehicle get ticketed by "The speeding cameras"

Speeding in someone else's vehicle,  the owner gets ticketed or no ticketing meanwhile the car is in theft.

19 minutes ago, heller190 said:

Real life speeding cameras capture the license's plate and the owner of the vehicle receives a ticket, and that's how it should be done.

So assuming you are in a stolen vehicle and you are being chased by some people or the police, you start speeding, is it realistic to receive all these speeding tickets?

In my opinion and that's what I strongly suggest.

Non-rp driving for no reason should be handled by the staff team.

Speeding in your personal vehicle get ticketed by "The speeding cameras"

Speeding in someone else's vehicle,  the owner gets ticketed or no ticketing meanwhile the car is in theft.

I reckon it would be cool if you still got tickets unless you reported the car as stolen. And if you don't report it as stolen then you'd have to appeal against the ticket.

Can cop cars scan your reg plate and get info on the owner and the car?

If not that would be a cool addition for all patrolling cruisers.