ThePro

This needs to be changed.

We need a way to dilute KOS and DM. I get ran up on like 2-3 times a day. I get killed, even though I have nothing on me, no money, empty inventory nothing for people to steal. People are just running up on random people all the time and killing them for no reason. I don't know how about you guys, but I don't get run up on 3 times a day in real life... We either have to stop giving weapon license to everyone, and make it harder to get weapons or we need a rule for people to stop running up to random people (they can say that they just want to rob someone, but if the person has really nothing, no money, and empty inventory, what do they get?) This is just my opinion, I am already getting annoyed from being killed every day for no reason, and I don't want to camp in NCZ all the time, I want to RP and enjoy my time. Don't get me wrong, there should robberies and stuff, but not at so high rate... Even Los Angeles is safer than this server lol.

3 minutes ago, Phil McGee said:

If you are still getting killed even though you comply with the robbery then it's DM. Report them and drain the swamp of players like that. 

The thing is, that I sometimes don't even get the chance to comply. A guy comes up to me with a motorcycle, gets out of it, takes out his gun, kills me, check my inventory, finishes me, gets back into the motorcycle, and goes away... And yes. I did report these type of people but the admin team just seems like it's dead. I had a question once in /report asking how to use a bobby pin. There were about 8-10 AT members online, and I got my answer after like 1-2 hours... There were about 80 people on the server at that time. Maybe it's not their fault, maybe just the whole report system is bugged. I don't know I haven't been an admin on this server, I can't discuss this topic since my view might or might not be real.

1 minute ago, Phil McGee said:

You need to record your footage and report so. Unless you gifting people KOS with your behaviour by not knowing what does give them KOS etc. 

I could record it. Yes. But do you think that I came here to record every rule breaker, and then report them.. And do this all day? Not really... I came to RP. If I would want to fight against rule breakers all day, I would join the Admin Team. The second thing is... How would they know who did do the KOS? I mean, the ID is always random and there is no other way they could find out who was it... At least nothing I would know about.

2 minutes ago, ThePro said:

I could record it. Yes. But do you think that I came here to record every rule breaker, and then report them.. And do this all day? Not really... I came to RP. If I would want to fight against rule breakers all day, I would join the Admin Team. The second thing is... How would they know who did do the KOS? I mean, the ID is always random and there is no other way they could find out who was it... At least nothing I would know about.

That's why there is a long UNIX number for admins to use. That's why the process is there. Use plays.tv and delete footage that you don't need. 

Just now, ThePro said:

Well if your not willing to use the tools in place to change the player base you can't really complain.

Just now, ThePro said:

The second thing is... How would they know who did do the KOS? I mean, the ID is always random and there is no other way they could find out who was it... At least nothing I would know about.

They can check who the player is based off the time. 

My goal is to stop this problem. Not to ban the players doing this.... If we ban everyone who does this, there will be always someone new who will do it again. I am trying to fix the problem in a different way than just reporting them. That's why I made this topic. I want people to discuss ways how we could stop this whole problem.

• Upvote 1

The best way to fix the problem is to punish the players whom do.

You cannot fix or change the game itself for being what it is. Grand Theft Auto wasn't designed so we could have a roleplay servers. Yet we use a third party application to launch and play our community servers. We will always have limitations to what can and cannot be done within RageMP. 

We can only do our best to educate players, whether it is reminding them of a simple rule break or proper RPing to being punished minor or majorly.

5 hours ago, Squid420 said:

The best way to fix the problem is to punish the players whom do.

You cannot fix or change the game itself for being what it is. Grand Theft Auto wasn't designed so we could have a roleplay servers. Yet we use a third party application to launch and play our community servers. We will always have limitations to what can and cannot be done within RageMP. 

We can only do our best to educate players, whether it is reminding them of a simple rule break or proper RPing to being punished minor or majorly.

I think this Rage MP client has a lot more potential than just that. GTA SA wasn't designed for roleplay servers either, and we found a way to make it work. It never happened to me on any roleplay server except this one, that I would get killed KOS 3 times a day.

For the criminals I know you will hate me for this idea, unless it is already high, but why don't we increase jail / prison time? I won't give references to other places but I believe this in some way will filter out the duration of crimes, or how and were they are executed. 

I also don't mean to be rude to the PD, but they're clearly under staff at some times. So this can also be a contributing factor. Perhaps when you die (( New Person )) appears that informs others NOT to rob you?

4 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

For the criminals I know you will hate me for this idea, unless it is already high, but why don't we increase jail / prison time? I won't give references to other places but I believe this in some way will filter out the duration of crimes, or how and were they are executed. 

I also don't mean to be rude to the PD, but they're clearly under staff at some times. So this can also be a contributing factor. Perhaps when you die (( New Person )) appears that informs others NOT to rob you?

This won't help. It's not an IC problem. This is an OOC problem. Increasing jail time won't help, I do not agree with you on that. I mean, most cops don't even find out about these crimes, and since they are not allowed (KOS & DM) they shouldn't even exist.

24 minutes ago, Darnell said:

You are against increasing IC punishments for crime, you are against OOC punishments.

I don't see any other realistic means of stopping this.

I already said some realistic ways. Either make a rule about it or stop giving weapon license to literally every person. I mean anyone can get a weapon license right after the registration... That's just stupid. We can increase the price of the weapon license to 100 000 $ for example, and then this won't be happening. Solutions exist, you just need to think of them. Always just punishing players is not the way to go, we are not in a state school. 

6 minutes ago, ThePro said:

I already said some realistic ways. Either make a rule about it or stop giving weapon license to literally every person. I mean anyone can get a weapon license right after the registration... That's just stupid. We can increase the price of the weapon license to 100 000 $ for example, and then this won't be happening. Solutions exist, you just need to think of them. Always just punishing players is not the way to go, we are not in a state school. 

Being robbed 3 times would piss anyone off so I understand your frustration. For me I already been robbed 2 times but the time frames were scattered. Weapons licenses I believe won’t matter because if I’m not mistaken theirs already a black market for criminals. I like it already how no one can rob (( new players )) but the second you loose that title your a walking 24/7 target. Bottom line is you won’t stop the crime, you can slow it down, but you will never be able to stop it. 

If you see this as an OOC issue than perhaps people who plan to rob you need to know that you been recently robbed or add a new system after someone has done a /frisk command on you recently. Doing this can add a 24 hour real life time limit above your head saying (( hands off I’ve been robbed so go away! )) or how ever you want to title it with an OOC rule attached to it. Than once you been in game after that robbery for 24 real life hours it will go away. Ehh?

25 minutes ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

I honestly don't get how you get robbed so much. I mostly get robbed twice a month or so. And I do everything. From LSC, PD to Civilian farmer to my criminal.

And I like a good robbery where I am the one being robbed.

Every time I go to the Highway Fuels, fill my car up, I get jumped on and robbed. Every. Single. Time. (I expect comments like: "Then don't go to Highway Fuels lol".)

2 minutes ago, Igor_Morozov said:

Making license 100k wouldnt impact on anything, you can just get guns from other players and have an illegal firearm.

I think it would change a lot. Right now someone robs you, later police sees him with a gun and he is like: "it's fine, he has a license". And at least it would make a market of illegal weapons, a new way to earn money for Criminal factions.

37 minutes ago, ThePro said:

I think it would change a lot. Right now someone robs you, later police sees him with a gun and he is like: "it's fine, he has a license". And at least it would make a market of illegal weapons, a new way to earn money for Criminal factions.

Criminal factions already making money on this.