Harley

Remove fingerprints from items on you when you die

Remove fingerprints from items on you when you die

Pretty self-explanatory, but I'd like to explain my reasoning behind this suggestion.

For example, if I have an Assault Rifle on me during a fight, and I am killed during this fight, my character is under NLR from that fight. It doesn't make sense for a detective to then collect fingerprints on the assault rifle and it come to my character's name.

That investigator now has to waste their time investigating these prints, making a case file, and eventually finding out that I died, so their entire investigation is void under NLR.

An easy workaround for this is for the script to automatically remove any fingerprints of your character on any items in your inventory when you die. This will not only help detectives by not wasting their time with NLR'd cases, but will also help the criminal player by not getting them arrested in a case they're NLR'd from.

This will also prevent those awkward /b conversations halfway through an interrogation when the suspect says they're NLR'd from the firearm you're investigating.

I don't see any negative side to this suggestion, just helps keep RP fluid and less /b potential!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

I would absolutely +1 this, but only account for items on your body.

2 hours ago, Harley said:

For example, if I have an Assault Rifle on me during a fight, and I am killed during this fight, my character is under NLR from that fight. It doesn't make sense for a detective to then collect fingerprints on the assault rifle and it come to my character's name.

That investigator now has to waste their time investigating these prints, making a case file, and eventually finding out that I died, so their entire investigation is void under NLR.

You shouldn't be getting charged for this. If you're under NLR, this makes absolute sense to have the items on your body be wiped of any prints, but at the end of the day, a /report 1 "did X die in Y shootout?" should be done. I feel like it's unfair to someone NLR'd to get charged for what was on their deceased body.

1 hour ago, SquirtleSquad said:

I would absolutely +1 this, but only account for items on your body.

You shouldn't be getting charged for this. If you're under NLR, this makes absolute sense to have the items on your body be wiped of any prints, but at the end of the day, a /report 1 "did X die in Y shootout?" should be done. I feel like it's unfair to someone NLR'd to get charged for what was on their deceased body.

Sometimes a /report 1 isn't possible though, especially in case files that you're following up on sometimes a week later, it's just not realistic to always be able to rely on a /report. If the prints were never there in the first place, would eliminate that entirely 😄

• Upvote 1

+1, but I do also think that yes, only items on your person should be deleted. not every item you touched within a set time span.

This will prevent PD/SD from going to a scene. find a gun on YOUR dead body. and be like "oh, this gun has the prints of FIRST_LASTNAME, He must have held it in the past." even tho it WAS he who was using it and that they got it from.