Vitaly Gorbachev

Car radios harder to steal

Possible to script something like a lock on the car radio? In order to steal it you have to use a screwdriver to "release" the radio, unlocking it and allowing for the thief to steal it.

Makes no sense that someone can just break in and take a car radio instantly. Especially at a petrol station or something. I know you can report this behavior but the above mention will prevent non RP completely.

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, TheCactus said:

+1 It takes at least a minute to remove my car radio irl and I am so fast because I have removed it multiple times. To remove it I do require tools. It really is stupid how you can get in someone's car, drag-drop and leave with a 4k stereo before they can even realise.

It should be so the car stereo is built at the auto service, then you can only take it out with a screwdriver or something. would add more realism to it. 

Never even thought of this, +1 for this and the GPS. Put it behind the screwdriver tool and slap a skill check on it. Too many times have I seen cab drivers have their stuff just yoinked from the back seat in a millisecond while someone exits the cab, feels super lame and nonrp.

Anything that prevents further staff intervention and is more immersive is an awesome suggestion. 👍

• Like 4

On 10/2/2023 at 9:08 AM, N1ght said:

It should be so the car stereo is built at the auto service, then you can only take it out with a screwdriver or something. would add more realism to it. 

It would be nice to have that implemented, however there has to be a kind of quick release that still takes 2 seconds to release the radio, so you can take it out when you no longer want to leave it in your car. Only the owner of the car should have a "demobilizer" attached to their key that can release the radio regardless of who's radio it is. (after a 2 second delay like filling water, you can also unlock the radio and pull it out)

+1

The check should be for everyone because realistically most radios don't just have a "quick release" there are cables and such you have to plug in which takes time.

Personally I also think a GPS in a car should work like a charger, use it once and be done with it, up to you to have a spare one in your inventory for when you are outside of a vehicle.

On 10/5/2023 at 2:01 PM, Freclan said:

+1, I also think that the car radio should be a mod that can be installed at LSC/Bayview instead of a storebought item. It doesn't make sense that the radio would take up inventory space in the glovebox of a car.

Big ole +1 on this 

Edited by 303Kilo

On 10/2/2023 at 7:04 PM, jason said:

Never even thought of this, +1 for this and the GPS. Put it behind the screwdriver tool and slap a skill check on it. Too many times have I seen cab drivers have their stuff just yoinked from the back seat in a millisecond while someone exits the cab, feels super lame and nonrp.

Anything that prevents further staff intervention and is more immersive is an awesome suggestion. 👍

Had this happen to me the other day, pm'd the player and told them that was super nonrp. Asked for a taxi ride then bolted. He returned it after I told him that was very much nonrp.

For this reason alone big time +1

• Upvote 1

+1 

Honestly they are so expensive and there's no benefit to stealing them. Might as well make them automatically locked like in gov vehicles. It would make things more fun for everyone since then everyone would be able to play music in there cars. All gov vehicles have it and most of the time they can't use it. So let everyone else just have it.