AtlasOLimbo

Nerf the marksman rifle.

13 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

What are you proposing, exactly?

Anything from an actual recoil, similar to current heavies and .50 or deeming use in helicopters NonRP. Even most military helicopters utilize LMGs because trying to reliably hit a moving target while you yourself a moving is not fun. I think the first one would be more fair for both sides maybe, from the few crims that do use marksman rifles. 

4 hours ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

deeming use in helicopters NonRP. Even most military helicopters utilize LMGs

What weapon do you propose be used from helicopters? The last time this discussion was had, people were angry that rifles were being used and so I resolved to have the marksman rifle be what's used thanks to its precision.

You can see my dilemma here.

Edited by Victor Einhart

As much as I think PD/SD are overpowered in some ways, I don’t think the Marksman Rifle is used enough or even utilized in a way where it’s OP. 

I don’t know if the creator of this thread has ever actually tried to shoot a Marksman out of a helicopter, but it is not easy. It is 10x harder then if you were to use a Carbine Rifle/SMG 

Additionally, the Marksman is honestly used pretty rarely amongst LEOs and only ever utilized in very rare situations  as other guns are easier and more practical to use.

You mean to tell me..... that you'd prefer being shot at by an LMG from a flight platform instead of a marksman? I'm here to tell you that you 100% don't want those problems. An LMG on a pintle mount from an elevated mobile platform is 1000% more devastating. I will say this though, the Coast Guard are really the only ones that regularly deploy birds with door crews having sniper/marksman rifles. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

It has no recoil and is used by LEOs in helicopters that are actively moving like some scene out of John Wick and seems to have more reach than any weapon available to crims.

You gotta be John Wick to use it from a heli too. Personally, I wouldn't be able to do much with it from a moving helicopter

I understand the concern but the people that deploy this are one, so good at aiming that no amount of recoil could put them off anyway and two, are very responsible and only use this rifle in situations where it's appropriate to use it.

If this was a regular occurrence, then it would be worthwhile having a conversation about it but the amount of times are so few and the use of it are so situational that it's not going to have a troubling impact on crims.

Marksman is with the confines of balance in my view.
Also, if we're doing the realism argument, the sharpshooters taking these shots won't fucking miss. They train and train to be eagle eyed with situations like this. The game makes more allowances for missing than a real life situation would.

Edited by Bala

It just feels like there's no viable counter to a marksman in a heli (Not saying they should be able to be taken out by a single person with a .50.) Bikes/supers can be rammed by inexpensive vehicles, tires popped, etc. I need to look more into the whole bullets not reaching helis thing.

EDIT: Even SWAT helicopters aren't going to stay around when they're taking fire due to the fact it's extremely dangerous for a helicopter to even take a couple bullets.

Edited by AtlasOLimbo

Nothing has "no counter" or it would not be there in the first place. It's just harder than taking out a cop in a car. Serious problems require serious solutions so you must've done something serious if you had a helicopter with snipers on you.
It ain't like they're there on every single bank robbery or big shootout. If you give them enough time to deploy a buzzard and find the marksmen certified people to mount up then you fucked up.

1 hour ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

It just feels like there's no viable counter to a marksman in a heli (Not saying they should be able to be taken out by a single person with a .50.) Bikes/supers can be rammed by inexpensive vehicles, tires popped, etc. I need to look more into the whole bullets not reaching helis thing.

EDIT: Even SWAT helicopters aren't going to stay around when they're taking fire due to the fact it's extremely dangerous for a helicopter to even take a couple bullets.

Only problem I have is that helicopters in general are a little sketchy just due to render distance and there's no proper way to fight Marksman Rifles due to bullets disappearing before they can reach their targets and that isn't really an issue with that rifle. I don't really mind the gun being used in helicopters though just because if they can land the shot, just let them take it. I don't like seeing things get nerfed, I'd rather other weapons just not have bullets phase out at a certain distance so we can compete with it a bit better, but I think that's more of a Rage/GTA issue than an Eclipse issue. I don't mind PD having access to the MR as it's kind of a check-and-balance tool that really isn't abused. I could go on about the typical "PD too OP" argument in regards to things that should be changed, but I don't think the MR is one of them.

If I remember correctly, within the last two months, the LAPD actively deployed a sniper in a heli to help stop a high speed pursuit and shot with such accuracy in a single shot moving at high speeds helping to bring the pursuit to a halt. So it’s not unrealistic at all. 

Additionally, as someone who is part of PD METRO, the training we receive on the marksman is INTENSE. We don’t just hand it off the just anyone in PD. You have to be in an already highly specialized division (METRO) and take even MORE training to deploy the MR. 

With that in mind, I don’t think the gunship is utilized ENOUGH. But the times it has been used has been in good faith and has helped advance the mission of bringing a situation to a safer end much quicker. 

On 5/20/2023 at 12:39 PM, Clank said:

You DO realize this is supposed to be a server based around the concept of roleplay right? Not an MMO? Might as well start nerfing and buffing cars depending on their usage and popularity as well.

didnt this already happen? #noflame #equalrights #throwback #feedthestreets #freemeek

Edited by Phantas