FarmerJesus

RP to hide guns

Okay so I would like to start off by saying, I have heard multiple different people say either 1 or the other about this whether it be "as long as there is proof RP of hiding your gun you are fine" or "you cant RP to hide your gun" and i just wanted to get it figured out. 

I feel as if criminals should be able to do something like this image.png And im not saying its valid rp all the time because if your character is wearing something like a skint tight body suit that wouldnt work but if my character was wearing something like as shown below
image.png

it would be free rein to do that type of RP because you can only see the gun no clipping the smallest amount

It just doesn't seem fair if the gun clips like that and I still get harassed by PD/SD for having a .50 when I have valid RP and its barely seen

(this is all very badly put together but i hope yall see the main point im trying to make)

• Like 5

+1

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to RPly hiding your gun as people do it all the time in real life and people don't just have it out, although i can understand that "you cant ignore what you see" but there should 100% be something like rply hiding your gun instead of having to keep your gun in your car whenever you get out of it.

+1

This is actually already a thing you're able to do. You just have to have proof of RP to show to the cops or whoever you're interacting with. It's the same thing with licenses, you can RP not having it if you do RP and have proof of that as to why you wouldn't have it or if it'd be hidden. The potential for stuff you could do is infinite if you do it properly!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Herbo said:

+1

This is actually already a thing you're able to do. You just have to have proof of RP to show to the cops or whoever you're interacting with. It's the same thing with licenses, you can RP not having it if you do RP and have proof of that as to why you wouldn't have it or if it'd be hidden. The potential for stuff you could do is infinite if you do it properly!

So this is exactly why i made this, BULLSHIT.png.29cf22df1906075ff55201a44100e7fd.png

I was getting reponses like this from support and such. i would also like to add there stuff like taht in pd/sd's handbook

Edited by FarmerJesus
  • chill 1

1 hour ago, FarmerJesus said:

ive tried that but none of them look good
and if you run most of them show the gun 

No I mean like they could make it so if you have a long coat it hides it fully. However there is a clothing update happening at some point so we never know!!

I will always advocate for "what you see is what you get."

If others can see the gun, I think it's reasonable they should be able to take action based on that information. They have no idea if you've done whatever RP to hide something that's clearly visible, and it grinds IC interactions to a halt once you start an argument in OOC chat saying it actually isn't visible, people demanding proof, etc. And even if people accept your RP that it isn't visible, suddenly we're in a really awkward situation where the IC interaction has to be voided by non-moderators. It's just really awkward and unfun experience in my mind.

If the developers provide a way to let people hide guns, fine. But it used to be that some guns were actually hidden, which made those guns have a use case: the 50 is powerful but visible, but others were invisible. Each weapon had its pros and cons. I think that was a good gameplay feature, if unintended. But right now I think trying to use /mes and /dos that others can't see until an argument starts OOC isn't the way to go. Use a bag. Major bag alert.

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • Like 1

The problem is you have to explain the RP you did OOCly to every person you come across to make this work. Also, this is considered Alt RP and would require server staff permission to do so since you are doing some that goes against the script. If the Dev's designed it this way, it was probably done so for a reason and going against that would be an issue unless rules or the feature was changed. 

• YAY 1

On 3/6/2023 at 1:47 PM, Bill Breacher said:

The problem is you have to explain the RP you did OOCly to every person you come across to make this work. Also, this is considered Alt RP and would require server staff permission to do so since you are doing some that goes against the script. If the Dev's designed it this way, it was probably done so for a reason and going against that would be an issue unless rules or the feature was changed. 

+1 Depending the cloths you should use common sense to determine if the gun can be hidden. Same as robbery rules where we must consider realistic population. Same with a gun being hidden. Big rain coats or jackets for example even of you scriptly see it we should still suppse its covered. 

Edited by AJ2toke

I believe this should be a thing so you get a +1 from me. It should be in the script having the ability to conceal your weapon. It would be nice to get some feedback on this from high ranking admins on this situation so we know where we stand exactly. Whether people like to admit it or not, most people like to carry a weapon on them if they're a crim and the police do metagame seeing the gun, it just is the way it is. We shouldn't be forced to wear certain/ugly clothing to hide our weapons just to stop getting metagamed. 

We really need to find a fix on this problem. 

9 hours ago, Avon said:

I believe this should be a thing so you get a +1 from me. It should be in the script having the ability to conceal your weapon. It would be nice to get some feedback on this from high ranking admins on this situation so we know where we stand exactly. Whether people like to admit it or not, most people like to carry a weapon on them if they're a crim and the police do metagame seeing the gun, it just is the way it is. We shouldn't be forced to wear certain/ugly clothing to hide our weapons just to stop getting metagamed. 

We really need to find a fix on this problem. 

No one is "metagaming" seeing a gun. The server script is designed to show the gun if you have it in your inventory anywhere. If the script is meant to show it, and someone else see's it, then its fair game and not against any rules. In the current state of things, you need either hide the gun with clothing items so it can't be seen, or keep it in another container, such as a bag, or in your car if you are going to have it with you to prevent it from being seen. 

im kinda on the fence with this one. 

On one hand, yep, rply makes perfect sense that you can hide a sidearm under any shirt that isnt skin tight.

On the other hand, unless they are scriptly hidden i.e the game is coded so sidearms go invisible when equipped with the right clothing, both LEOs and other players can still see the sidearm even if they cannot acknowlege it icly. this leaves us open to situations where players plan situations and gunfights based on OOC knowlege. this would be impossible to moderate. 

Perhaps an interesting middle ground would be to only have smaller weapons like SNS and Combat pistols be hidden. this would both make more sense than someone trying to hide a .50 in their jeans and also give those often neglected weapons a place in the game.