FarmerJesus

RP to hide guns

Okay, I have seen there is a lot of discussion. 

In real world, usually criminals and also normal citizens carry gun but not visible. If it's behind the belt on back and you are wearing shirt or jacket it should not be visible scriptly....

This makes no sense at all.
Maybe we need item like operational holster. For me it is not RP that all the players with all the law's we have from PD are running with visible weapon all over the city...

Imo, the gun for civilians should be concealed. and ready to use in danger. For now it's impossible and because of that we are target of criminals. 
Ofc we can put it in bag or whatsoever but how can we react then in direct danger quickly?

yeah.PNG

Edited by Malinq

I think a simple fix to all of this is making it so that you can access the contents of a bag whilst it is on your person, just how you would be able to IRL, I'm not saying make it instant but you could have a quick action timer when taking things in/out of the bag. In my opinion this is what makes the most sense.

• Like 1

Sadly, with the way things are integrated, and how they are rendered, any form of RP would be difficult to manage and communicate without massive amounts of stalling. This in turn can create a sort of unexpected additional individuals entering the scene, and as players are not to pause RP unless requested by an admin, the only other way is to find clothing that hides weapons as best as possible.

Adding or allowing a quicker timer to opening bags is not something I think would be appropriate, but, the suggest underarm holster, if an asset can be found that will also work to desync the weapon on their person would be a very viable solution.

On 11/14/2023 at 7:00 AM, a1ex said:

I think a simple fix to all of this is making it so that you can access the contents of a bag whilst it is on your person, just how you would be able to IRL, I'm not saying make it instant but you could have a quick action timer when taking things in/out of the bag. In my opinion this is what makes the most sense.

I like the idea, in general, to be able to access a bag or briefcase without having to set it on the ground first.  Realistically there are bags and such that are easily accessible while being worn.  It would be nice if there were a way to open it while wearing it as a side inventory.  Maybe there is a way to create a bag that may have a smaller inventory but one could actually wear like other clothes items and if worn instead of just picked up or carried it could be accessed while using "I." Maybe it could fit in the armor slot so the user would have to choose between wearing armor or having the bag more easily accessible keeping the bag from being OP.

As mentioned before, any RP that goes against the script requires alt RP perms. As for the example photo in the original post, this is invalid RP.  The rules clearly state: 

Powergaming is defined as inserting unrealistic actions into a character's actions that would otherwise not be possible in real life, providing non-factual statements in /do, or not allowing other players a chance to roleplay responses and their own actions to your roleplay. Some examples of powergaming:

• If you want to break a person's leg, you should not go up to the player and type /me breaks Player_Name's leg, and then expect them to roleplay a broken leg, that is forced roleplay and stops them from reacting to it.

"/me pulls my shirt over the .50 so the .50 can't be seen" is forcing the roleplay on other players without giving them a chance to react.  An example of proper RP that is not forced would be  "/me attempts to hide behind the tree /do would I be seen?"   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pixiejewels said:

Realistically there are bags and such that are easily accessible while being worn.  It would be nice if there were a way to open it while wearing it as a side inventory. 

To enhance that, how about a temporary side inventory with small volume when a person has that briefcase/bag in his inventory. Like a side pocket of a bag that is easily accessibly realistically without opening the entire bag.

3 hours ago, DEFCON said:

To enhance that, how about a temporary side inventory with small volume when a person has that briefcase/bag in his inventory. Like a side pocket of a bag that is easily accessibly realistically without opening the entire bag.

Been suggested multiple times, access to bags / breifcases being accessible when on you if you press I, makes no sense to put it on the floor to search it