alexalex303

Radio frequency action timer

9 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

Hello.

I believe that there should be a 3 to 5 second action timer when switching radio frequency. I believe this will add to realism as changing your radio frequency while running would not be possible to do accurately and instantly. Furthermore, it will alleviate a big number of missclicks that happen when people try to put their hands up and instead hit a bind, which impacts RP scenarios.

If this switching of freqs instantly isnt accurate, then i dont think grabbing a heavy firearm or a new armour vest should be done instantly either. This suggestion does seem to be targeted towards criminals, so I think in response, which would be realistic, PD/SD should have action times for for /fl too ( I have linked a thread above) as it is not realistic at all for a cruiser to just spawn in a second, grab a heavy weapon at the click of a button and thats it, if this is implemented I think there should be some balance on PD/SD side.

9 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

Hello.

I believe that there should be a 3 to 5 second action timer when switching radio frequency. I believe this will add to realism as changing your radio frequency while running would not be possible to do accurately and instantly. Furthermore, it will alleviate a big number of missclicks that happen when people try to put their hands up and instead hit a bind, which impacts RP scenarios.

If this switching of freqs instantly isnt accurate, then i dont think grabbing a heavy firearm or a new armour vest should be done instantly either. This suggestion does seem to be targeted towards criminals, so I think in response, which would be realistic, PD/SD should have action times for for /fl too ( I have linked a thread above) as it is not realistic at all for a cruiser to just spawn in a second, grab a heavy weapon at the click of a button and thats it, if this is implemented I think there should be some balance on PD/SD side.

6 hours ago, LucasJHughes said:

Hilarious that people making these suggestions which directly affect and are potentially negative for criminal roleplay are people who do not play criminal roleplay.

This is not a criminal roleplay only suggestion, the cops would also have the same action timer when they switch frequency.

• Confused 1
  • dead 2

Personally I see no need for this at all, similar to how we had the action timer for unlocking-locking vehicles it was a pointless addition that only caused more annoyance than anything. There's a clear target of what this suggestion is for and that's to stop criminals from changing frequencies while running from police worsening the QOL even further of what criminals have to put up with. If a player has changed freq while under FearRP or while tazed then that's an issue that can be resolved either between the players in OOC which most people realise what they did was wrong and change it back to continue the roleplay or you can report them. Same goes for accidentally changing freq when placing hands up, simply resolve it with the player or report it. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PopTarts said:

Personally I see no need for this at all, similar to how we had the action timer for unlocking-locking vehicles it was a pointless addition that only caused more annoyance than anything. There's a clear target of what this suggestion is for and that's to stop criminals from changing frequencies while running from police worsening the QOL even further of what criminals have to put up with. If a player has changed freq while under FearRP or while tazed then that's an issue that can be resolved either between the players in OOC which most people realise what they did was wrong and change it back to continue the roleplay or you can report them. Same goes for accidentally changing freq when placing hands up, simply resolve it with the player or report it. 

I think it would be healthier if we avoided viewing suggestions through the lens of crim vs pd, as otherwise it fosters negative feelings and group-think where it is "us against them". We are all one community, with one goal, and I do think that this suggestion could further that goal, even if slightly inconvenient.

The fact of the matter is that I, as a law enforcement main, frequently switch radio frequencies on-duty for various reasons, and I would also be inconvenienced by realism, however, I would be willing to make a small compromise in favor of it.

• Confused 1
  • dead 1

13 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I think it would be healthier if we avoided viewing suggestions through the lens of crim vs pd, as otherwise it fosters negative feelings and group-think where it is "us against them". We are all one community, with one goal, and I do think that this suggestion could further that goal, even if slightly inconvenient.

Its not crim VERSUS pd, but your suggestion affects 99% of crim RP and only a few pd who feel the need to switch radio frequencies from time to time, as you're a detective or whatever you are. I doubt you would've felt the need to post such a suggestion if you still played your crim character as a main and therefore see no reason why you would post it when you dont play it AT ALL.
Its not "us against them" but as someone who used to play crim, I'm surprised you would even feel the need for such an addition, seeing how crim rp already suffers.

Crim RP is dying, dont really care if you can tell or not. Nerfing them even more will always demotivate the few people who still play it.

Its not about what the nerf is but the fact staff team are still looking into ways to nerf crim while there are other things that should be focused on, that includes yourself.