Ahlfs

Vehicle Registration.

I feel like players should have the choice to register there vehicle, instead of the registration instantly be put on it. My Idea was that you would have to go to the DMV and buy the registration for a certain fee of around 500 dollars or something but you cant take off the registration once it's been put on. Like here is how I feel it should work.

You buy a car that's imported -> You would have to get it registered.
You buy a car from High End that's already registered -> The registration sticks with you without being able to take it off.
You buy a car from High End that hasn't been registered -> You would have to get it registered.

I feel that this would be a lot more realistic since you have to actually buy the registration from the DMV instead it magically coming with the car, and obviously if you get pulled over with no registration on the plates a name wouldn't be able to come up so the cops wouldn't know who the car belongs to and the driver would obviously get jail time. 

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

• Like 1

We already have scrapyard vehicles for this purpose.  I imagine any benefit would be rather short-lived as well because, once you're pulled and impounded, if you want it back you would need to register it.

that upon what I'm thinking would be some work with the impound lot (scrapyard vehicles cannot be unimpounded, they are lost once impounded) is just kinda.. eh, why spend the effort.

Just now, Taedolf said:

Really now?  Guess I'll have to start running plates before releasing vehicles.

I got my Scrapyard car at Impound. I just don't want to take it out because it's now parked on safe place and impound fee would cost more than the actual vehicle. 

Just now, Hilbert said:

I got my Scrapyard car at Impound. I just don't want to take it out because it's now parked on safe place and impound fee would cost more than the actual vehicle. 

Odd that we would allow that, script-wise, tbh.  Getting a fraudulent vehicle released back to you is interesting to say the least.

1 minute ago, Hilbert said:

Well they never check if the car is actually registered. They just give it to you.

It's something I've always assumed was the case since the impound workers would likely take care of it IRL, whether that be flagging it to make sure you come with proper paperwork to get it released or getting rid of it if all the VINs are scratched off.

+1

I actually like a variation of this idea... 

• When you sell a car, the plates should be stripped, every new owner should need to register.
  • If you don't register, your plate is blank. Police could get you for unregistered vehicle and impound it.
  • If your vehicle is impounded, you won't get it back until you have the registration paperwork.
  • Like 3

Okay but if you have a scrap yard car, you cant park them, nor fix them. This is a great Idea due to the fact that in real life you do actually have to go register them into your name after purchase from anywhere, including dealerships. Especially when it comes to private sales, because all of the sales work is done between person to person all on paper, so any "Digital system" wouldn't work. Complete support +1

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheShatter said:

Okay but if you have a scrap yard car, you cant park them, nor fix them. This is a great Idea due to the fact that in real life you do actually have to go register them into your name after purchase from anywhere, including dealerships. Especially when it comes to private sales, because all of the sales work is done between person to person all on paper, so any "Digital system" wouldn't work. Complete support +1

What you mean with can't park or fix? I know few repair shops that fix also not registered cars. Tested. But those are same repair stores that don't pay taxes so, mhm.

Scrapyard car idea

Scrapyard cars can just be vehicles you can't register due to being unsafe. Maybe after bringing it to a mechanic a few times and eventually paying value price, it becomes registerable. Essentially it would be a vehicle that's ongoing maintenance and it's own self empowered loan you can earn up to owning.

If your scrap gets impounded, you'd have to pay only a maintenance fee to release it instead of having paid for registration already.

Edited by Xoza