Denni

Lifeinvader ((Strictly only IC website & phone app))

latest?cb=20160220004831

Lifeinvader website and phone application - suggestion.

7a1d57-20160713212447_1.jpgNow, before I start, I know this was already started but the project stopped due to some issues in regards to keeping it in character and some other things. I have contacted staff (higher up) for permission as I don't want to spend days programming the website to be told no. So without further time wasting, please read below:

I would like to suggest (and I could personally make the website for this) a strict IN CHARACTER only website for Lifeinvader. The social network for Eclipse Roleplay. This would replace most of the IC sections on the forums and provide a social network "feel" to the community.

The website would have the following features:

• Listings (for vehicle sales, house sales, auctions)
  • A classifieds section
  • A business section
  • An organisation section
  • Adding friends, messaging friends, statuses etc.
  • User registration and easy deletion etc.
  • Latest activities 5261a676ecad04793e29cd04-750.jpg
  • Groups (for factions, groups, rebellions (joke) etc.)
  • Possible WEAZEL NEWS integration for regular news? (this is down to Weazel News)

It would ideally be great to get the Lifeinvader website on the in game phone as an app, once clicked it would then load the responsive website. This is relatively speaking, easy to do, but would need testing to see it's reliability etc. However, the website could be made within the next couple of weeks 100% if this was approved.

Now I've stopped rambling, let me try to explain each of the features above in more detail:

• Listings - this would replace the forums listings for house and vehicle sales including auctions. This would ideally require a user to be logged in as their character (not OOC name) to post a listing. This would appear around the "social network" and would be seen by a lot of people. Featured messages from "VIP" members or "featured adverts" to provide that in-character role-play is possible as this could become a faction that would/could hire individuals to work at Lifeinvader HQ.
  • Classifieds, Organisation and Business section - this is similar to the above. It would all remain in character and would leave the forums to stay as the only OOC medium to be used whereas the social network would strictly be IN CHARACTER ONLY. jkzls4.png
  • Adding friends, messaging and statuses - just like a real social network, you can accept/deny friend requests and live your "Eclipse RP" IN CHARACTER social life! This would allow you to talk to people whilst not necessarily being in game (from home etc.). Obviously I can see this being a little issue, but there are a lot of ways that this can advance role-play especially with friendships etc.
  • User registration and easy deletion - all registered users are IN CHARACTER only with the option to delete each user very easily. Provides compliance with GDPR etc. but also we know character kills happen in game so it would be easy to delete these from the "world" or an option to set them as "inactive" or DEAD.
  • Latest activities - A front page to show ALL latest activities from ALL users. This would be laid out neatly in the form of statuses/activities for all to see, comment, react and interact with one another. Again, allowing us to interact IN CHARACTER on another format.
  • Groups - A groups function where factions can set up groups. Not just factions but other things too; such as a street racing group, poker group etc. This would allow notifications inside of it for the groups members; they could also be private or public dependant on the needs. This would further more role-play and would be used IN CHARACTER. For example, a street racing group has a private event and announces 5 minutes before a race; this could be used.
  • Weazel News? - I would be VERY happy to have a section for NEWS and for Weazel News to post their news, for it to appear on the website.

I hope this all makes sense. I would be very much looking forward to make it happen. The website would be fully responsive etc. to fit on a phone, website etc. 

To finish off, It could be really good to have this as a faction too!? The possibilities are endless. The Lifeinvader HQ in Los Santos could be a PERFECT fit for this; with different jobs available as the faction could also make money by advertising on the website, featured listings, VIP members etc. All done in an IN CHARACTER medium. No OOC on the website at all.

If you feel I might have missed something or forgotten any features, please just leave a comment below. Do you like this idea? Hate it? Not sure? Please give me your thoughts!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

I have always been a supporter of the suggestion, tried doing it myself, but ran into some issues internally, such as my developers going behind my back and ruining the code, have inexperienced developers, and a few other limitations. 

I noticed in #development in our discord server, that NobodyLTU was working on the implementation of a laptop. There are a few things that need to happen with the website, and that includes but is not limited to (this is a list I was given from Nobody and BallinByNature):

• Messaging needs to be monitored by ECRP staff members.
  • Website needs to be used only when a player is IG.

Now with my second list, I have a proposal, with the new laptop that may be implemented, and that is for the website to be only accessible to those who own a laptop on their character in-game.

+1 from me on the suggestion of Life Invader, I think it would be amazing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

I have always been a supporter of the suggestion, tried doing it myself, but ran into some issues internally, such as my developers going behind my back and ruining the code, have inexperienced developers, and a few other limitations. 

I noticed in #development in our discord server, that NobodyLTU was working on the implementation of a laptop. There are a few things that need to happen with the website, and that includes but is not limited to (this is a list I was given from Nobody and BallinByNature):

• Messaging needs to be monitored by ECRP staff members.
  • Website needs to be used only when a player is IG.

Now with my second list, I have a proposal, with the new laptop that may be implemented, and that is for the website to be only accessible to those who own a laptop on their character in-game.

+1 from me on the suggestion of Life Invader, I think it would be amazing.

Thanks for your reply. I do also think it would be amazing.

In regards to the list that you were given:

• Messaging being able to be monitored, would be a privacy invasion... I understand why they want this, but privacy. IC or OOC. 
  • I don't know how you'd limit it for use only when IG. I feel allowing the use out of game would benefit the community as a whole. It would allow you to contact your in character friends to meet somewhere. EG, sending a message to your friend saying let's meet at Tequila-la at 8pm tonight.

If this is a thing where you have to use a laptop or phone IG only, this would provide MANY reliability issues. With how complex it would be (backend); I really feel it needs to be externally hosted etc. 

I don't know, I guess it's a pipe dream. But, maybe?

20 minutes ago, Denni said:

Thanks for your reply. I do also think it would be amazing.

In regards to the list that you were given:

• Messaging being able to be monitored, would be a privacy invasion... I understand why they want this, but privacy. IC or OOC. 
  • I don't know how you'd limit it for use only when IG. I feel allowing the use out of game would benefit the community as a whole. It would allow you to contact your in character friends to meet somewhere. EG, sending a message to your friend saying let's meet at Tequila-la at 8pm tonight.

If this is a thing where you have to use a laptop or phone IG only, this would provide MANY reliability issues. With how complex it would be (backend); I really feel it needs to be externally hosted etc. 

I don't know, I guess it's a pipe dream. But, maybe?

Bottom line, you're not going to get it approved if the messaging cannot be monitored, IC messages need to be monitored OOCly by ECRP staff, to confirm or debunk metagaming issues. Everything you do in the server is already moderated by ECRP staff, I don't see why this should get an exception, nor would the Head Admins+ 

Just now, Flucifial said:

Bottom line, you're not going to get it approved if the messaging cannot be monitored, IC messages need to be monitored OOCly by ECRP staff, to confirm or debunk metagaming issues. Everything you do in the server is already moderated by ECRP staff, I don't see why this should get an exception, nor would the Head Admins+ 

Admins can be given ADMIN accounts which would see everything. That's the only way I can see that being resolved! So if that's the only thing stopping it, let's do it!

3 minutes ago, MrSplashy said:

+1 for this suggestion, with this it will finally limit the use of Discords and such and at the same time open up new possibilities for both Criminal, Civilian, and LEA factions. Plus I can finally do a BLEET without being a VIP!!

Obviously BLEETS will still be a thing. But I do think we need this.

• Like 1

Metagaming usually ends up happening because it's hard to mass-reach people in game. Sending wedding invitations, pictures, group messages,.. are literally impossible in game. Having this solution will counter a lot. I do hope Lifeinvader sticks around this time. I can't wait to make my character the absolute white girl by posting the most random things on there. +1!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ElisabethC said:

Metagaming usually ends up happening because it's hard to mass-reach people in game. Sending wedding invitations, pictures, group messages,.. are literally impossible in game. Having this solution will counter a lot. I do hope Lifeinvader sticks around this time. I can't wait to make my character the absolute white girl by posting the most random things on there. +1!

Absolute white girl! Haha. Yeah I feel.this would get rid of lots of metagaming if allowed to go ahead. 

Edited by Denni

I would be inclined to use something like this. Surely there is the fear of metagamers and rulebreakers, however I have to agree with Fluc in the sense that the staff should be able to monitor the messages. They can monitor everything else on the server so it wouldn't really be an issue. If a web version was done, it would have to be the same sort of thing. Staff should be able to have OOC access to the messages.

1 minute ago, JasonG said:

I would be inclined to use something like this. Surely there is the fear of metagamers and rulebreakers, however I have to agree with Fluc in the sense that the staff should be able to monitor the messages. They can monitor everything else on the server so it wouldn't really be an issue. If a web version was done, it would have to be the same sort of thing. Staff should be able to have OOC access to the messages.

Yup! As stated above, staff could have access to an overall ADMIN account to see everything. 🙂 

1 hour ago, BrainDed said:

For the IC messaging, just so you know, Admins cant see IG phone messages so you could MG or mix IC/OOC all you want in them, but admins cant do anything about it, only developers can see the messages

Thanks! I am happy to allow staff to see them just need a yes or no 🙂

4 hours ago, BrainDed said:

For the IC messaging, just so you know, Admins cant see IG phone messages so you could MG or mix IC/OOC all you want in them, but admins cant do anything about it, only developers can see the messages

Sure, you could, but valued members of the community who have integrity and who pride themselves in playing fairly wouldn't deliberately break rules knowing that there is always the chance it could be seen (because, it can, a lot has changed since you've been an admin). 

Please don't promote or advertise that rule breaches can occur just based on the fact an admin may or may not be able to track certain things.

To any other community member reading this: I wouldn't recommend breaching any rule no matter your reasoning or your belief that you may not get caught, because anything you do on the server is logged and trackable either in-game or by simple request. No more on this topic! 🙂 

To @Denni, I am very interested to see how this will play out. I hope you do get approval, because this really will be a great thing for the community. Have you tried messaging Osvaldon or BallinByNature yet? 😄 

5 hours ago, Flucifial said:

Sure, you could, but valued members of the community who have integrity and who pride themselves in playing fairly wouldn't deliberately break rules knowing that there is always the chance it could be seen (because, it can, a lot has changed since you've been an admin). 

Please don't promote or advertise that rule breaches can occur just based on the fact an admin may or may not be able to track certain things.

To any other community member reading this: I wouldn't recommend breaching any rule no matter your reasoning or your belief that you may not get caught, because anything you do on the server is logged and trackable either in-game or by simple request. No more on this topic! 🙂 

To @Denni, I am very interested to see how this will play out. I hope you do get approval, because this really will be a great thing for the community. Have you tried messaging Osvaldon or BallinByNature yet? 😄 

I have messaged both. No reply. However I haven't mithered them too much as it's the holiday season. :). 

On 12/31/2018 at 6:39 AM, Flucifial said:

My point was that with the SMS's you can expect some privacy from the snooping admins/staff team, the way it should be, so if it ever comes to the implementation of the Lifeinvader, I would like that privacy to stay with the users, only allowing head/senior admins or higher to see IC communications between the players.

I also didn't like the tone the message was written in, it seems somewhat hostile and I don't think that a member of a staff team should display that.

Edited by BrainDed

1 minute ago, BrainDed said:

My point was that with the SMS's you can expect some privacy from the snooping admins/staff team, the way it should be, so if it ever comes to the implementation of the Lifeinvader, I would like that privacy to stay with the users, only allowing head/senior admins or higher to see IC communications between the players.

Yup that would be a good suggestion 🙂 thank you.