Bakmeel

Tier reward discussion/suggestions

Potentially add a ./dropbody in a factions warehouse at a certain tier, perhaps with the requirement of a certain amount of members with BLS or something, idk, makes it interesting as gangs that are affiliated highly with Cartel are certainly considered to be very powerful and would have their own hospital / infirmary at their HQ's. 

Just an idea, I'm not really sure about the specifics, I'm sure the staff team would know better if this is easily implemented, if it's good roleplay, or at what tier to add it at. 

• Like 2

How about, I know, a controversial idea, implementing features that actually encourage roleplay. 

I hate to say it and perhaps this is a little off-topic but writing a few stories on a faction thread is not good roleplay. Features like providing a business location, giving access to tools to build drug labs and things like that would be much more effective means of giving a "tier reward" than silly, unrealistic features. It would be nice to see IFM help setup schemes, supplier status with a realistic stance of supply etc. 

You could encourage far more economy and social dynamics with plenty of ideas, ones that would certainly boost criminal activity - these now are few and far between. I just hope whatever features you implement or are looking to are simply not boosting "asset grinding" and give people that demonstrate good RP to have a leg up in furthering their development. 

• Like 4

@Marksy Weapon prices will be reviewed with the new gun update that is in the workings.

@Rocky BolognaAt this time we don't believe that shrinking factions is the best move. However, this does not mean we won't consider it in the future.

@MortemWe have discussed the topic of a "black market medic/criminal medic" before. However, to properly introduce this feature we would need some script changes and can't offer it as a tier reward at this time.

@Beet Did you read the original thread?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bakmeel said:

@Marksy Weapon prices will be reviewed with the new gun update that is in the workings.

@Rocky BolognaAt this time we don't believe that shrinking factions is the best move. However, this does not mean we won't consider it in the future.

@MortemWe have discussed the topic of a "black market medic/criminal medic" before. However, to properly introduce this feature we would need some script changes and can't offer it as a tier reward at this time.

@Beet Did you read the original thread?

Doesn't seem to get through...thought I'd repeat... 🤷‍♂️

When it comes to the tiers, it's probably more important that they are the sort of rewards that are a pat on the back, rather than necessarily rewards that people will live or die over. Inevitably, if factions cannot achieve a certain tier for example and they really want it, it could impact how much they want to continue doing the sort of things we'd want them to do.

It also has to be in the context of what this server is and what works for this server. I think by that token, keeping the rewards light and keeping it simple are the best approaches. I don't see any value in pretending to be something we are not. Being in a faction in Eclipse is largely about the flex. 

The lack of being to include ideas that require development does hamper this a little to be honest because all the cool things I could think of, would require someone to make them and add them. Stuff like the faction clothing or faction graffiti or changes to where a faction hangs out, being able to import more than just weapons etc..

I actually think the expansion of the amount a faction can have within their membership actually makes sense. If you are doing the right things as a faction to the point where you are able to achieve a new tier, then why wouldn't you be trusted to recruit another 10-15 people for example. Particularly if you were here long term. 

I also think having more support available for a faction's particular style of RP would be good. I know some of the RP events have been a little troublesome recently but I definitely think that a faction with a higher tier, if they wanted to do some kind of event that furthered their kind of RP, that should certainly be encouraged.

• Like 1

@Bala

I dont think anyone disagrees that it'd be better if we could offer rewards that'd require development changes. However I do think it is important that we can offer something that we can actually deliver instead of having to say its something we can look at in the future.

The reason we dont offer a higher faction member cap as a reward is because we do not believe this would improve the faction variety in the server. We believe this would have the opposite effect of that as more people just join an existing faction, get the rewards that they are looking for and don't take the effort to create something unique that'd benefit the server.

Keep in mind that the tier rewards are an extra on top of the "standard rewards" that official status would bring. Most of these tier rewards were not offered prior to the tier system or even during the F4 system prior to official factions and Faction Services as a whole in 2018.

We offer factions, official and non official, the opportunity to create and apply for unique RP opportunities that they can setup themselves with the help of the Event Team and FS, which in turn could further their type of RP.

Feel free to suggest rewards that'd be more of a pat on the back. We are always open for suggestions!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bakmeel said:

@Bala

I dont think anyone disagrees that it'd be better if we could offer rewards that'd require development changes. However I do think it is important that we can offer something that we can actually deliver instead of having to say its something we can look at in the future.

The reason we dont offer a higher faction member cap as a reward is because we do not believe this would improve the faction variety in the server. We believe this would have the opposite effect of that as more people just join an existing faction, get the rewards that they are looking for and don't take the effort to create something unique that'd benefit the server.

Keep in mind that the tier rewards are an extra on top of the "standard rewards" that official status would bring. Most of these tier rewards were not offered prior to the tier system or even during the F4 system prior to official factions and Faction Services as a whole in 2018.

We offer factions, official and non official, the opportunity to create and apply for unique RP opportunities that they can setup themselves with the help of the Event Team and FS, which in turn could further their type of RP.

Feel free to suggest rewards that'd be more of a pat on the back. We are always open for suggestions!

Quicker Alt Rp request process as a reward 

Hello! I had another small idea for this.

I know Faction Management has been very adamantly against adding 1:1/special vehicles for factions as they once did in the past, but I would like to propose something perhaps a little different than that.

Factions at tier 2/tier 3 should be able to be given a faction specific vehicle not on the current list of purchasable vehicles within reason. Obviously I do not want to see crazy supercars or batmobiles around every corner, but I believe a faction should be able to get a more permanent reward for their hard work and dedication; as currently they have to exist with decent RP standards for about 5-6 months before even getting tier 2 if they potentially “speed run” it. Faction specific vehicles that aren’t extreme would be a great addition to the server, like for Underground something like dune buggies as it’s a very cheap and easy to craft vehicles since we RP making our own cars, or one of the many motorcycles for Lost, or a more expensive vehicle like a special sports car for groups like OTF and Rooks. I know something FM was worried about was it hurting the economy a little with this and people joining specifically for these vehicles, but a very simple way around this is have them only give those to command members and have them account bound similar to credit vehicles; or just with the stipulation that if they are sold/traded that it would result in a punishment similar to the faction property they receive at later tiers.

I hope this isn’t met a firm “no” as it has been in the past, because it’s something I think almost every single criminal would want that strives to make the server a fun and healthy environment. Like I said before, and something I want to reiterate very strongly;

I do not want meta vehicles or supers, I just want to see groups get something special to call their own to show off other than clothing when that update happens. None of this would require script work as I believe (head?) admins are allowed to spawn in items/vehicles for events and things, I don’t know if it would be as simple as a vehicle transfer to multiple people though. Not sure of the logistics and technicalities of it all; but I just wanna see us get cool cars, man :c

Edited by Melody Frey
Added a lil’ more
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Melody Frey said:

Hello! I had another small idea for this.

I know Faction Management has been very adamantly against adding 1:1/special vehicles for factions as they once did in the past, but I would like to propose something perhaps a little different than that.

Factions at tier 2/tier 3 should be able to be given a faction specific vehicle not on the current list of purchasable vehicles within reason. Obviously I do not want to see crazy supercars or batmobiles around every corner, but I believe a faction should be able to get a more permanent reward for their hard work and dedication; as currently they have to exist with decent RP standards for about 5-6 months before even getting tier 2 if they potentially “speed run” it. Faction specific vehicles that aren’t extreme would be a great addition to the server, like for Underground something like dune buggies as it’s a very cheap and easy to craft vehicles since we RP making our own cars, or one of the many motorcycles for Lost, or a more expensive vehicle like a special sports car for groups like OTF and Rooks. I know something FM was worried about was it hurting the economy a little with this and people joining specifically for these vehicles, but a very simple way around this is have them only give those to command members and have them account bound similar to credit vehicles; or just with the stipulation that if they are sold/traded that it would result in a punishment similar to the faction property they receive at later tiers.

I hope this isn’t met a firm “no” as it has been in the past, because it’s something I think almost every single criminal would want that strives to make the server a fun and healthy environment. Like I said before, and something I want to reiterate very strongly;

I do not want meta vehicles or supers, I just want to see groups get something special to call their own to show off other than clothing when that update happens. None of this would require script work as I believe (head?) admins are allowed to spawn in items/vehicles for events and things, I don’t know if it would be as simple as a vehicle transfer to multiple people though. Not sure of the logistics and technicalities of it all; but I just wanna see us get cool cars, man :c

We will not be giving out vehicles to player factions.

Founders have made it clear that this is something they wanted to step away from. 

Furthermore, there would only be so many unique cars remaining. most of these cars that arent in the server haven't been added for a reason. We could look at implementing the dune buggy for dealerships with a future vehicle release/gta update.

Additionally, giving vehicles to people individually would be a nightmare to keep track off and simply not workable. Adding them as a faction vehicle would introduce even more complications as they can only be spawned by people who are on-duty and have a faction parking. This is something player factions dont have and we are also not planning to add.

• Like 2

Suggestion regarding Tier 1 rewards:
Context:
It already takes MONTHS for factions to get the ''Tier 1'' rewards - their faction menu/faction chat and so on.
It may take another few months for the same faction to reach the ''Tier 2'' rewards - the most important one being the access to illegal shipments.
All this wait because there might be too many factions of the same type, something that a specific faction has no control over, as they just want to roleplay as ''Mafia'' for example.

The suggestion:
Allow factions to import one item of choice from the illegal shipment menu(excluding heavy weaponry).
This would allow factions with drug dealing in their lore to be able to import Lysergic/Drug Tables(for example) only while working towards ''Tier 2''.
This would allow factions with weapon dealing in their lore to be able to import pistol .50/ammo(for example) only while working towards ''Tier 2''.

I believe it would create more roleplay opportunities and ties between more factions, I believe it will make the journey between ''Tier 1'' and ''Tier 2'' more enjoyable for the factions and we won't see factions disbanding because they could not reach ''Tier 2'' for months.
That way they will have only 1 item to import so this does not affect the business of other ''Tier 2'' and above factions which will still be reached out to make deals with.
The amounts of that specific item they wish to import can also be limited by Faction Services. [Example: Allowing factions with drug dealing lore to import up to 10 tables a week, nothing more than that. Or allowing 1000 Lysergic a week.]

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MrDisciple said:

Or.... off of that, how about Tier 1 gets limited Drug Materials / chop (dependant on lore) then Tier 2 you get guns too and Tier 3 you unlock heavy weaponry and armour. With this, getting Tier 2 should be a quicker process as it's not as huge of a deal without heavy weapon access.

This would complicate matters for both factions, as they'd have to have to keep track off all their members to not order anything besides what would be allowed, and for staff who would have to continously check if these limitations are enforced correctly.

Experience has shown us that this isn't as easy as it sounds for factions to enforce limitations without script support.

• Like 2

Possible Tier reward could be packed cash that needs to be cleaned, while the gang would be rewarded with x amount they would still need to engage in rp for getting the money from FM and washing it by them selfs.. same could go for weed plants. I don't know the ability of spawning in weed or un laundered cash.  Maybe a low Tier reward would have the 1 time ability to order in some Pistols and ammo direct from FM. Like 10 .50s or even heavy Pistols or something get the newer groups involved with FM icly on a very light basis. Now ordering direct instead of through other factions could be considered taking away from rp but that's why I suggested a low amount of said item.. Maybe a special car spawned in, that if the gang coumd steal and chop it would get a reward.. done something like this while I was in rooks an it was fun!