mckidbe

Cops New Undercover System For Stores Robery

yah I have been in your shoes, dude in street clothes pulled a shotgun on my boy behind mors one time and we engaged in a fire fight only to find out the guy who pulled the shotgun was a cop and made the same "shots fired" call in which multiple officers pulled up and we were forced to dip. I actually have not seen a cop/detective do it since, till your clip today, but if I was in your shoes I know who that voice is and I would be just as confused as they also have a criminal alt on top of their cop alt. 

Regardless you would be charged with attempted murder either way only issue I see is if they gave you attempted murder of a gov. Cause then how would you know it was a gov employee.

• Like 1

You have to understand that, maybe it's a case of wrong place wrong time. She may not have even been on duty and going to buy ammo for their personal weapon and found you guys robbing the store. And since she is employed with PD under oath she had to do something about it. But in any case, it is not OK to just plaster this video around and saying PD are too OP and that it isn't fair.

• Upvote 1

Could have been better, true, anything can be... As stated we don't know all the details of the whole situation.

In what the video shows, I don't see how they violated any levels of RP. I don't believe this shows any 'poor RP', from a Detective or otherwise. Law enforcement has the capability to dispatch various tools and protocols to resolve a situation the safest and best way possible and 'creating larger scene or shootout' doesn't help.

Now a little insight...

• I would have approached your friend, likely offering to help.
  • I'm aware of how distrusting people can be though so any indication of 'nah, we got it' would have resulted in me pulling them away, buy gunpoint if needed and remove them from the equation as quickly as possible.
  • At the same time I'd called in the nearby officers, likely already posted to handle whoever was in the store.
  • Then had your friend taken away separately and out of sight, without you seeing me. The idea being to still maintain my cover as long as possible.

But, you sensed something was wrong pretty quickly, and the result likely would have been exactly the same.

Definitely some good potential for continued RP here though!

Hello!  I was the on duty, undercover detective here.   I was undercover due to multiple gun store robberies, and with permissions through the appropriate IC channels.  Undercover Detectives happen in response to IC issues, such as chain robberies. 

Gun stores, unfortunately, you cannot see into so I have to peek inside, and THEN call for backup which I did.  Your friend went towards his bike, and my plan was to get him arrested when marked PD came.  Ideally I want to get on my bike and leave, but I accidentally locked my bike and didn't have time for it as your friend came rushing out of the store, which is reasonable since you would have seen me checking the door.  You then came out and started the firefight, and I protected my life while the backup I called for came on scene.  Any charge disagreements you have can be taken up ICly through the courts.

https://streamable.com/2trpzh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/24/2022 at 4:07 AM, jason said:

While I don't agree with the style of plainclothes displayed here, you'd be charged for attempted murder regardless of whether or not they were a cop.

To Jason: Obv we are not going to discuss IC laws, but if a friend is being held at gunpoint, sounds let self-defense to me.

To the OP: If you think any rules are broken, feel free to make a report. See link below. 

If you think the RP was not acceptable reach out to LFM. 

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but you will have to follow up with this IC if you disagree with the charges.  You might have an argument!