AnakinB

Cops 2 OP

Hey guys just wanna talk about how cops are way to op on the server to the point to where as a criminal it’s not enjoyable to interact with them in a negative situation I’ll start off by listing everything that makes them op

1. 100 hp 100 ap + carbine that 3-4 shots. Your probably wondering how this is an issue, I’ll explain it to you. When criminals and PD inevitably get into a shoot out one criminal has to do enough damage to 1 out of the 13 people responding to injure 2 people without getting hit by their op carbine rifle 4 times. And quite frankly no one is surviving 15 50AE rounds armor or not. Off to the next thing 2. Pager. 3. They don’t pay for any of the stuff they take out and if they do need something new such as gas, a new gun, armor, a repair, they’ll just go spawn a new one instead of paying for the new 100 ap armor taking out or carbine rifle, they just go get to go spawn a new one for free! Cars tires got shot in a chase? Let me go run to mrpd and spawn a new one without any rp so I can get back in that chase. Man my car is running out of fuel I could go refuel it at a gas station, that costs money though I’ll respawn a new car. The fix for this issue is simple, make officers pay for the things they take out if they bring the armor back and it’a full you can have your money back, add some risk to pd so that way we don’t have super trooper cops run into every situation because they know if they die they get new stuff for free. 4. Pd asking sd for help, literally backup breach. 5. One person in a car running away from pd? Let me call the helicopters 3 shinobis 2 jugulars, and 7 scouts. Quite frankly I don’t think it’s realistic the amount of expensive ass cars the police have 3 shinobi sat like what 400k stock? That right there is 1.2 million the helicopter atleast gotta be like 4 million it’s a helicopter, jugs like 2 million, scouts at 400k stock is like 2 million obviously a exception can be made for scouts as that’s the normal patrol car, but the government isn’t able to afford these expensive ass cars and bikes and maintaining them. 5. Jail times just to long. Sorry if there’s any spelling mistakes I’m on mobile rn 

• Like 14
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 1

yeah gotta agree with shwy here. just get better at killing someone who has 3 bars of HP in AP on them with a .50. That or try to make the fight fair by bringing out 80k in guns and armor just to lose that on top of your half a work day in jail🤣

Its a coin toss, except it isn’t, beating PD is less probable than winning your local lottery.

however, if you lose. you’ll just have to take those 30k in fines, 4 hours of jail, and those heavies you lost on the chin

if you do win they’ll just take more precautions next time! double the units involved and guns brought out to ensure you as the criminal aren’t running rampant in the streets. 

on an OOC level. shooting cops too soon in certain situations will get you DM. But on the flip side, they light you up too soon in a chase, well that’s IC make an IA that’s going to be certainly denied. If the miracle of it getting accepted does happen you’ll be compensated for your 4 hours in jail with about 10k which most of us can make in 30 minutes of hunting.

Honestly i could careless about PDs strength i just think sitting 4 hours in a pixel box is the bigger issue.

Overall we play this server still because of how fun it is when we aren’t in jail. If you as a criminal didn’t have to face a hour MINIMUM when going to jail it wouldn’t be so bad. but anytime i’m in police custody i calculate just how many hours ima spend in jail and what 2 movies ima watch on Netflix this time. End of the day, make the jail times more forgiving, that allows crims to be back on the streets often and giving everyone involved more RP. countless times has my faction had half us to to DOC and whoop the rest of us are logging off for the rest night cause the gangs gonna be in there for 4 hours. Just my take and prolly so many others, on everything but hey it’s only a large portion of the most important aspect of the server.  All love.💚❤️

• Like 4

I have said this before and ill say it again, another server I played on had a good system for this, cops cars are spawned in for them and are GIVEN to them as personal vehicles that need to be maintained as you would your normal car in parking.

As you said at the beginning I am just not a fan of the way the carbine is IC, as soon as cops get the rank to use it its ALL they use and it just shreds people instantly. it needs to be rebalanced or adjusted.

I have personally reached out to faction services about the /fspawn and /delspawn being abused to just get a new cruiser cause damaged or low gas or no tires, I was told it was passed on to the right people, and can confirm its not AS bad as it was before so I do believe someone said something about it.

But one point you forgot and there is a report up for its abuse is the ability to /fl (faction loadout) close to your vehicle. Which essentially means they have an infinite supply of anything they want that they have the rank to use weaponry and armor wise. I have personally seen an officer run out of micro rounds and just do /me throws micro in the back and reaches down and grabs another one. And just /fl a brand new micro to continue just spraying a vehicle. Like I understand officers come equipped with different things then others, but ALL cops have access to this infinite black hole armory candy store. Couple of us died one time cause a cop pulled out a marksman rifle from his bf400 and sniped us.

Jail time is still way too long, Illegal gun charge is an hour in itself.

(Before people respond with the typical "Its IC cause these things require IC protocols to be made to follow")

But yah I am also tired of having 40 cops chasing 1 dude cause there is nothing else going on and its a slow night and cops are bored so they all respond to the backup cause why not. It is just poor RP and Poor policing as 9 times out of 10 people see that chase and go hit a bank for the easiest payout ever as all of LEO is chasing the faggio past pillbox. 

BUT no one likes to have these conversations cause god forbid the cops on creative mode have to actually value others that play on the server and then complain that crims are doing things such as 25+ bf400 banks for ez money and not providing RP. its a two way street you just mow us down and we lose 4-5 hours of work ontop of the Jail time. We do everything possible to never give you the chance.

Edited by XeV
  • Like 5

PD/SD have always been the only gangs in the server allowed to get access to circumvent rules without altRP.

+1.

I filed a /report 1 once too see if I could NLR detectives working on a file they supposedly had on me, and I was told that detectives are allowed to work on files even after a death involving the file; meaning they can circumvent NLR.
They can circumvent backup breach by reaching to an allied faction for help when either a few of them are on duty or if they just feel like it, but criminal orgs cannot "battle bus" because it ruins the server's fighting RP, so we're okay with newer or smaller orgs getting totally squashed by mass 40 man orgs but we're not okay letting them reach out... But we totally are okay with the two most powerful orgs in the entire server backing each other.
Let's not forget the blue barriers that block entire roads just so PD can catch an easy W instead of using spike strips or actually having to aim at tires.
Millions of dollars worth of vehicles, armor, and guns for a single person who was seen with nothing but a crowbar on a Bati801? Sounds fair and balanced to me!
I want to say this won't turn into another Crim vs. Cop thread, but if every single one of these threads do, maybe there is a point to it.

The Crim vs. Cop mentality is only furthered by locking crims in a place with zero to do, with next to zero chance of winning against them. You can't expect us not to hate something that is as absolutely meta-slaving as joining PD or SD. It's boring to fight against, it's boring to run away from, and there's no reward for either other than a small percent chance you don't get locked into a small box for five to eight hours.

Edited by Melody Frey
grammatical error
  • Like 8

+1 issue has been here for soo long so don't think it will be fixed, instead of labbeling these multimillion dollar expenses as "goverment funding" the goverment should have a physical system that shows funding an expenses. EX: when a officer uses a vest it should be deducted from the treasury, or a cooldown of 1 per hour, so many ways to tackle issue making police a more balanced group where alot more RP opps can occur between them and crims instead the constant evading and bank robbery being the only way we interact together. First time i tried doing a prison break i had no idea this was a extremely rare occurence and later found it why and it was because most players know with all the items pd/sd can spawn from (snipers. carbines, shinobis, bf400, helicopters) + their huge numbers winning against them is fairly impossible.

A system where PD have to do more work to gain items by doing ammoruns where they can be attacked by crims for loot can cause alot of fun rp opps, again i feel like this wont ever be fixed and will be a shot in the dark just want to open an idea that could be implemented.

• Like 3

+1
Evading doesn't work (8 scouts, 1 jug, 2 shinobis, 1 BF, and a Heli). Shooting doesn't work ( https://streamable.com/tjyftn , https://streamable.com/bepprx , https://streamable.com/lvmrxg ) Doing nothing doesn't even work because I'll have an hour and a half for face concealment and illegal firearm! I think the only possible change that can happen is updating DOC (implementing tasks to shorten time) or shortening time for the typical charges (Evading, possession of firearm, face concealment, etc.)

Edited by Fupii
  • Like 7
  • dead 1

This thread is like a game of chinese whispers.
The OP starts off on a tirade of half truths and it gets progressively more inaccurate as the replies come in. 

Yes, you can use /fl from your vehicle to get new weapons, but you also have to do roleplay beforehand of taking that weapon and storing it or you cannot use it. That would be powergaming and that person would be not just in trouble with the staff team but with the faction they were in too.

You say you are tired of 40 cops chasing one person because there is nothing to do.
First of all, I'd imagine it would be incredibly rare that 40 cops would chase one guy in 2022 and if they did, homie has the WMDs on him so it's not going to be for no reason.
When you exaggerate like that, you lose credibility.

I'm tired of certain official factions cop-baiting police chases because there is nothing to do but you know what, tough fucking titty. You gotta chase them in their little Issi Sports anyway.

As for the Jugular, don't even. Driving that thing is like putting lipstick on a pig.

It is not that the jail time is too long, it is that the prison set-up sucks.

As for paying for our own cars and weapons, you know what bring that shit on but you best believe that that money you are paying for your illegal parking fines or your face concealment (b) is going to fund my new $16k an hour paycheque. Then I'm not letting you off any charge you deserve because me and my fellow faction members need the money to be able to do our jobs in the server properly.

I dunno who is deploying three shinobis but it shouldn't be PD.

As for this argument about not being able to beat PD, you know why? Because you ain't supposed to be fighting the police! If we're armed to the teeth and decked out with all the best shit, why on earth would you even think about fighting us. I know people love the realism angle so if gangs start shooting cops in real life, what happens? They get wiped and jailed for life.  On ECRP, you get prison for 4 hours and then you're out.

I get the criminal side of things sucks right now but targeting your frustrations at the PD or SD is really lazy. Half of you, I'm sorry but you're just bad at the criminal thing man. You make it so obvious, it's too easy. 

I don't like you guys cover your faces all the time but with /alias, it's necessary.
I don't like that all of you run around with radios that have no limited distance or battery power but it's necessary.
I don't like that you guys all wear the same colours of clothing, but it's necessary.
I don't like that the Issi Sport is a credit store vehicle but it is.
I don't like that people like the OP are very quick to blame others but take zero accountability for their own actions.
I don't like that people are so anal about dying in a video game when they can literally pretend nothing happened
I don't like that our forum report system is weaponised by individuals to try and get back at other individuals that won a situation.

I could go on and on about the things I don't like about criminal role-players but you have some legitimate problems with the server and I do sympathise and have tried to help as much as anyone.

It ain't PD or SD though.

Edited by Bala
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • dead 1

FELT THIS SHIT TO MY SOUL, Big +1 

You know you had enough of OP PD when you went legal, so you never had to go to jail again. Can't be asked to have 40+ units with 100 ap and sports cars and bikes chasing me, plus a Heli that literally never runs out of fuel. It's to the point where its unrealistic. If you look up the North Hollywood bank robbery, you will see a realistic scenario and the budget that the department had to work with, attempting to stop this threat. You won't see no typa sports bikes, crazy ass armor, or sports cars. Please nerf PD, tbh its not fun interacting with them anymore, its unrealistically overpowered. Also, can we please do something about cops baiting crims and shit. Not even a week ago, there was a cop sitting on sealabs road acting like he was running radar, when he was literally there just to try to hear gunshots to fight. It's to the point where criminals barely get to even rp with each other because once cops get involved, you have to escape because you can't fight them off and completely disregard whatever rp you had going on prior to that. It's completely outta hand.

Edited by Jorden Sperry

59 minutes ago, Bala said:

The OP starts off on a tirade of half truths and it gets progressively more inaccurate as the replies come in. 

Yes, you can use /fl from your vehicle to get new weapons, but you also have to do roleplay beforehand of taking that weapon and storing it or you cannot use it. That would be powergaming and that person would be not just in trouble with the staff team but with the faction they were in too.

You say you are tired of 40 cops chasing one person because there is nothing to do.
First of all, I'd imagine it would be incredibly rare that 40 cops would chase one guy in 2022 and if they did, homie has the WMDs on him so it's not going to be for no reason.

I'm tired of certain official factions cop-baiting police chases because there is nothing to do but you know what, tough fucking titty. You gotta chase them in their little Issi Sports anyway.

As for the Jugular, don't even. Driving that thing is like putting lipstick on a pig.

As for paying for our own cars and weapons, you know what bring that shit on but you best believe that that money you are paying for your illegal parking fines or your face concealment (b) is going to fund my new $16k an hour paycheque. Then I'm not letting you off any charge you deserve because me and my fellow faction members need the money to be able to do our jobs in the server properly.

As for this argument about not being able to beat PD, you know why? Because you ain't supposed to be fighting the police! If we're armed to the teeth and decked out with all the best shit, why on earth would you even think about fighting us. I know people love the realism angle so if gangs start shooting cops in real life, what happens? They get wiped and jailed for life.  On ECRP, you get prison for 4 hours and then you're out.

I get the criminal side of things sucks right now but targeting your frustrations at the PD or SD is really lazy. Half of you, I'm sorry but you're just bad at the criminal thing man. You make it so obvious, it's too easy. 

I don't like you guys cover your faces all the time but with /alias, it's necessary.
I don't like that all of you run around with radios that have no limited distance or battery power but it's necessary.
I don't like that you guys all wear the same colours of clothing, but it's necessary.
I don't like that people like the OP are very quick to blame others but take zero accountability for their own actions.
I don't like that people are so anal about dying in a video game when they can literally pretend nothing happened
I don't like that our forum report system is weaponised by individuals to try and get back at other individuals that won a situation.

I could go on and on about the things I don't like about criminal role-players but you have some legitimate problems with the server and I do sympathise and have tried to help as much as anyone.

I am just now finding out LEO's have to do RP beforehand if they wise to store the god armory in their vehicle, which If I was to steal the cruiser I would never see as its behind the invisible barrier that is realism

I watched just today 10+ cops chasseing a faggio 2X occupied cause why not

Yah I think the cringe people just ZOOMING through the city in Paragon, Issi Sport, and Juglar are just cringe as all can be

Yah jugular is not a good car lowkey he got a point

Prison as it is needs script support HEAVILY or it will continue to be ass

"As for paying for our own cars and weapons, you know what bring that shit on but you best believe that that money you are paying for your illegal parking fines or your face concealment (b) is going to fund my new $16k an hour paycheque. Then I'm not letting you off any charge you deserve because me and my fellow faction members need the money to be able to do our jobs in the server properly." - whats the difference? I personally know cops who have told me "If i dislike you OOC bet your ass I will stack you and make the ride to DOC twice as long" also there is no "fund" its just a pit of infinite resources, god forbid you would have to maintain and pay for your own equipment the company lets you use.

"Just do not fight the police" that in its self is just a cringe take, just leave the police alone always

Half of you, I'm sorry but you're just bad at the criminal thing man. You make it so obvious, it's too easy. - there is no good or bad at being a criminal as that take is just how you view being a good crim (rich af, never arrested, always winning fights, lots of numbers) its not BEING BAD when Crims have to work hours/days/weeks/months to get access to things that cops just spawn in in seconds

I don't like that all of you run around with radios that have no limited distance or battery power but it's necessary. - Ya and I do not like that cops just do not use ingame radios, but instead use a 3rd party program for better audio quality and do not have to worry about a random "coughdrop" when giving comms

I don't like that you guys all wear the same colors of clothing, but it's necessary. - I do not understand this take, rather have all my members wearing something similar so I'm not just blasting friendlies

I don't like that the Issi Sport is a credit store vehicle but it is. - Same lowkey 

I don't like that people like the OP are very quick to blame others but take zero accountability for their own actions. - I got 2 bf400's 2 scouts a kamacho and air one on me when ATM's got released for hitting an atm, petty theft charge got me air 1 

I don't like that people are so anal about dying in a video game when they can literally pretend nothing happened - I love spending x amount of time grinding to afford something and i get DM'd or desync rammed off my bike and cannot refund request cause its under 25k and no staff are online to take my ingame report.

I don't like that our forum report system is weaponised by individuals to try and get back at other individuals that won a situation. - THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

It ain't PD or SD though. - it is just not true, 9 times out of 10 people leaving or taking breaks are because of the way Police act on this server and are allowed to act consistently 

also I love it when you make a cop angry and they do everything under the sun to ruin your playing experience cause they can, I pissed of a friend of a detective one time and was then followed around the city for 30 minutes to an hour to the point where I just parked my car went to my apt and logged of 20 minutes later.

I RESPECT AND APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE THING you have done for the crim community with your well put together posts and suggestions that just fall on deaf ears 95% of the time, but nothing will change or get done unless we continue to complain

Edited by XeV
  • Like 1

Criminal factions max out at 40 members, both PD and SD combined come out to 198 members, 👍, Open Juro go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Realism is always a pick a choose case so we could never have realism like we want it. PD and SD can team up together just fine, but nope gangs cannot help out others cause its back up breach. 

In 1992, a truce was announced by Crips and Bloods to deter the gangs from killing each other after the acquittal of four police officers in the beating of Rodney King in Los Angeles the year prior.

The infamous "Watts Truce"

Edited by XeV

52 minutes ago, Bala said:

"As for this argument about not being able to beat PD, you know why? Because you ain't supposed to be fighting the police! If we're armed to the teeth and decked out with all the best shit, why on earth would you even think about fighting us. I know people love the realism angle so if gangs start shooting cops in real life, what happens? They get wiped and jailed for life.  On ECRP, you get prison for 4 hours and then you're out." where exactly is it realistic to be decked out with all of the best shit. This is literally our point g, no department has 600k bikes, 400k vehicles to give out to everyone, camaros, no one uses their personal vehicle for work, especially with the chance of it getting easily wrecked or damaged, no one has 100 ap, carbine rifles, fuckin snipers, john wick armory in your trunk. its completely unrealistic, the most you will see unless it is a highly trained unit is a damn firearm and maybe...just maybe a shotgun or smg. I've seen more cops respond to a damn citybee chase than chasing 2 people who just robbed a store. it's just not realistic. Majority of PD doesn't even have the right mindset of a police officer, protect, serve, get home to your family. Not run into a dangerous situation that you obviously wouldn't run into in real life, knowing you would die, thinking "they must go to jail at all costs". It's just not how it works, PD/SD being decked out with all of this unrealistic gear is what makes those who are in PD/SD think that it's okay and it just doesn't promote good rp. I'm not bashing any of those people because they prolly don't even realize it because they have all that gear but change definitely needs to be done. You don't see criminals robbing stores and banks fully armored cause they have to pay for all that shit and can easily lose it. That's how it should somewhat be for PD, not endless care-packages of gear.

+1.

There's been so many times I have had cops chase me and within minutes there's a heli on me and then it's near enough impossible to escape.

Even without the heli, the police have a variety of different vehicles on you within minutes too. If you don't escape within the first minute then actually escaping is just so hard. 

And then trying to hold a cop a hostage usually results in the cop or additional cops shooting you anyway, there isn't much hope for a criminal once a police chase has started.

• Like 3

+/- 1. Vehicle's are in such a weird spot right now where everyone's supertuned to the max. Both criminals and LEO. And LEO's should not be deploying motorbikes in "response" to anything. Nor should they be shooting tires. And criminals should not be shooting because they have one .50 and no other charges.

LEOs should not be literally going break neck speeds to capture someone who was driving recklessly, probably causing more damage and danger by doing so rather than attempting to note down the plate and driver, and arresting later in a more safe, controlled context. They're wearing a mask? Too bad. Note the vehicle. Use your investigative abilities. Not everyone has to win everything.

And for criminals? Please stop shooting at cops. There's ways to get away without shooting.

33 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

LEOs should not be literally going break neck speeds to capture someone who was driving recklessly, probably causing more damage and danger by doing so rather than attempting to note down the plate and driver, and arresting later in a more safe, controlled context. They're wearing a mask? Too bad. Note the vehicle. Use your investigative abilities. Not everyone has to win everything.

You are 100% correct on this point, the issue is in the people playing PD/SD usually have no tolerance to losing virtual items or losing in general. If you get away from a chase using a petty amount of dirt in a sports car in a shortcut you're probably going to get reported because the officer didn't win, some people play cops cause they get paid to use heavies and armor and the best cars and no IC punishment for acting like a crim with a badge and rarely to "protect and serve", if you can't beat them you'll eventually join them.

Compared to 2018-2019 now is better combat wise. Like we used to clap the entire department of PD+SD combined and get away with it. PD is supposed to always win fights but their IC power is too strong right now, they started using bodycam footage as IC proof to arrest you for murdering them, now there is fingerprints and you have to always buy those annoying gloves that costs 2k. Prison time got better, from 20 hours to 5 but you get arrested more frequent. They started to pull you over if you wear gang colors/mask. If they see you wearing a gang mask they try their best to bait you into escaping them therefore leading to a big chase. What is good is that they stopped ramming like after 30 seconds of the chase starting. I know that what I said above is somehow realistic but after all this is a game, the scale of the map is small for such things, if you are dirt poor one sentence will get you bankrupt.

I will have to say this with regret, but it's really the truth: Don't do crime, or do it with a brain. Stop provoking cops for fun. 

That's what I have been doing for over 3 months and I don't expect getting caught any time soon. You're saying PD/SD are op? I partially agree with you because at times, it's actually your fault. 

So what do we do about that? Kill their faction like how they are killing our playtime entertainment, have them do nothing and not enjoy their shift. Why even go to drug labs when they are so shit, especially Braddock's? One shot and the SD neighbor sitting on the side calls all units and goes inside. 🤪 Or even worse, a cop with the guts to go all the way up next to Chilli to hear shots, lol. And that's fine? If cops aren't the case, people go there to play a good shooter game.

Anyway, that's really how I see anything is going to change when their faction dies and has nothing to do and people aren't getting arrested. 

Edited by Vixxey