MusketDeezNuts

Metro system, Train system

Passenger train could be the subway/rail car. Works just like driving a bus, could even integrate it into the same job. "Drive Bus or Drive Tram". Nice thing is it's on a set track, so you don't have to steer, you just have to stop and go.

Freight train could move freight between north and south depots. This way a truck driver job and depot could be created at the north. If there's not train drivers though, while you could pick up a truck in the north, you may have to travel to the south to get a trailer filled.

OKAY, So I was thinking about it and why not add trains both IN the city AND outside the city and add government train job  that works the trains going through intense training and can't be accepted if they have felonies within 4 months it would be cool idea

How would it help?

By adding trains we can make travel a lot less hard for those without car and the fee to use it would be 50$ in the city and 100$ outside the city to places like paleto and so on

Wouldn't it cause problems with the rules?

No, We would make limits that IF you are being chased by someone gang OR PD OR SD you cannot use it and not just rob everyone making the trains the ONLY moving vehicles that I suggest becoming NCZ

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

+1 on the Inner City trains, -1 on the Paleto trains.

The foundations of the system is already there for the in-city trains, all thats needed is people to drive them and the actual trains themselves, and making a faction for it sounds like a good idea.

However, for the Paleto trains, its much more difficult IMO. The foundations are for cargo trains and not passenger trains, making it a little more difficult for the system to make sense RP-wise. However, I think this could be made easier by creating a freelance job involving the cargo trains, and creating a faction or allowing DCC to create a division that runs buses from the city to Paleto and back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eradicati0n said:

+1 on the Inner City trains, -1 on the Paleto trains.

The foundations of the system is already there for the in-city trains, all thats needed is people to drive them and the actual trains themselves, and making a faction for it sounds like a good idea.

However, for the Paleto trains, its much more difficult IMO. The foundations are for cargo trains and not passenger trains, making it a little more difficult for the system to make sense RP-wise. However, I think this could be made easier by creating a freelance job involving the cargo trains, and creating a faction or allowing DCC to create a division that runs buses from the city to Paleto and back.

what about the idea that If you are being chased by PD or a Gang you can't use the train and that the train itself is NCZ?

41 minutes ago, ByungJoon Rhee said:

what about the idea that If you are being chased by PD or a Gang you can't use the train and that the train itself is NCZ?

I wouldn't say to make it a NCZ, but rather treat it as a heavily populated area, such as the Pier. If you're a gang member and you get caught on a train by an enemy gang and robbed that should be fine, but having people camping the train stations to rob other people should be a Public Robbery rule breach.

When it comes to evading enemy gangs or PD, I'm not sure. I like the idea of being able to hop on a train and evade a chase if you're smart enough to throw them off your trail for a bit, especially for PD as they'd likely follow the train and coordinate a block or a stop, but at the same time it could be treated in the same way as refuelling during a chase, as in it would be Non-RP

It's possible if scripted to allow the player conduct the TRAM. Like the tolls, it can be restricted to only allow for 2 trams to be operated, first come first serve. This could be used as another  transportation method for players, and like everyone has said ROLEPLAY opportunities. Player could purchase a Tram Fare at the Kiosk, to then be allowed to board the tram. If they are restricted from that, players can be set to "SPECTATE" the tram as they are inside of it, and when they want to exit the tram can simply press F

Edited by Percival

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.