GR_Seb

PAY FINES FROM PHONE.

Suggestion

Hello my friends from Eclipse Roleplay, today I would like to suggest something that it's going to help everyone having to go to a station to pay a fine.

PAY FROM YOUR PHONE.

San Andreas Government loves technology. I am pretty sure adding a function on your BANK APP to pay fines or invoices will benefit everyone.

Say that you're at the impound and you haven't paid a fine? You have to run to the station. Or say that you have been away, you log in and you get arrested for unpaid fines while you're on the way to pay them. I believe this inconvenience should stop and let us pay our fines from our phones.

+1 if you like it! ❤️

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SmushyTaco said:

You don't interact with anyone when you pay fines, you run to Mission Row, you spam /payfine 0 until you paid all your fines, and you leave.

That's not entirely true. All of the recent updates seem to revolve around enticing the community to come together more and increase engagement, Burgershot is a prime example. But to roughly answer your question, you run into Mission Row with your mask, an Officer tells you to take it off - you already have a roleplay scenario, but the Officer walks out with you and sees you illegally parked your vehicle, they now have more reason to interact with you on both accounts, as an Officer, and as someone potentially seeking to expand their roleplay. The suggestion is fine, but the way you look at paying fines at Mission Row seems like a pitstop for the impound when to some players it's really not. I think players could have both options available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kris giggs said:

That's not entirely true. All of the recent updates seem to revolve around enticing the community to come together more and increase engagement, Burgershot is a prime example. But to roughly answer your question, you run into Mission Row with your mask, an Officer tells you to take it off - you already have a roleplay scenario, but the Officer walks out with you and sees you illegally parked your vehicle, they now have more reason to interact with you on both accounts, as an Officer, and as someone potentially seeking to expand their roleplay. The suggestion is fine, but the way you look at paying fines at Mission Row seems like a pitstop for the impound when to some players it's really not. I think players could have both options available.

yeah but i cba hearing all this when the officer says "iF yOuR'e NoT bAcK iN 1 mInUeT i'M lEaViNg"

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mikazuki Ueno said:

-1 While the technology makes sense, I believe anything that conditions people to not interact or move around the map to other places reduces engagement.

It's not complicated or much of a struggle to just go out to the bank, ATMs or a law enforcement location.

All I see is people running in Mission Row with a mask on, ignore everything, pay and leave. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Papadakis said:

All I see is people running in Mission Row with a mask on, ignore everything, pay and leave. 

At least they are outside, moving from one place to another. Which creates opportunities for RP. Maybe they will be in an accident. Maybe they will come to someone's aid. At least they aren't just pressing a couple of buttons on their phone.

-1 I can't speak for others, but if there is a officer at the desk I often interact with them/RP before or after paying my fines. This is a roleplay server and the more things like paying for your fines over the phone or releasing your own vehicle from impound because it is "annoying" removes another opportunity for good RP.

While I do generally disagree with additions that detract from potential roleplay, this is a +1 from me. Paying fines is probably the least likely LEO related action I've done that results in RP or player interaction in any capacity, especially given the timezone I play in.

To appease both sides, it could have a 1.2x cost multiplier to incentivize using the desk while not causing horrendous loss for doing it through the app instead.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 6:54 PM, Mikazuki Ueno said:

-1 While the technology makes sense, I believe anything that conditions people to not interact or move around the map to other places reduces engagement.

It's not complicated or much of a struggle to just go out to the bank, ATMs or a law enforcement location.

I actually agree with this. Perhaps re-introducing the ability to pay fines with law enforcement officers. The only issue this bought was players running up to officers and using /payfine without any roleplay but this could easily be monitored by staff.

I agree with this suggestion. People that usually go to the impound every day, mainly criminals struggles with finding an officer to release their vehicle; sometimes it happens where after 20 minutes+ of waiting, the officer finally shows up, but then tells you there's an outstanding ticket that must be paid, you run back to mission row, spam /payfine 0 then run back to the impound to find the officer gone, which means more time of waiting, again. I don't see this negatively affecting the RP for PD/SD, it's just going to make things a little easier for criminals in some situations. This won't limit any RP / interactions for PD/SD, there will still be interactions at the impound, IF the players want to have them.

+1

+1.

14 hours ago, arcangel said:

I actually agree with this. Perhaps re-introducing the ability to pay fines with law enforcement officers. The only issue this bought was players running up to officers and using /payfine without any roleplay but this could easily be monitored by staff.

To counteract the abuse of this returning also, just make /payfine 0 require the LEO to respond to it, similar to /duoanim.

Or another suggestion, just add a timer to the command to prevent people spamming /payfine 0 as they drive past a cruiser/cop.

• Upvote 1

+1

I have been apart of the LSPD faction for over a year and can attest I have never seen anyone create RP opps when their sole purpose for coming to Mission Row was to pay tickets (other than them parking incorrectly or something along those lines and an officer taking 5 seconds to get after them to move their car). I don't see any impact to RP by implementing this. 

If there are those that are still concerned about impacting RP tho, at the very least, just add a spot to pay tickets directly at the impound lot booth. That will make everyone happier.