xxStallingCoinxx

Something Needs to Be Done About Robbing RP

Hi all,

After being robbed about 5 times in the span of a day on this server I've finally had enough and need to suggest doing something about these robberies. Now I understand robbery is a part of RP, but the fact this happens so frequently AND the way it happens isn't RP. Like I've been robbed while driving, somebody PITs me into a tree and then robs me, it's really ridiculous and you can't defend yourself with a weapon or you break the Fear RP rule.

However, after that rant, I believe the problem stems from the lack of activities criminals have to do. I don't have any suggestions on that or what can be improved, but I was hoping this would start a dialogue because honestly getting RPly robbed multiple times a day isn't right.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, xxStallingCoinxx said:

Hi all,

After being robbed about 5 times in the span of a day on this server I've finally had enough and need to suggest doing something about these robberies. Now I understand robbery is a part of RP, but the fact this happens so frequently AND the way it happens isn't RP. Like I've been robbed while driving, somebody PITs me into a tree and then robs me, it's really ridiculous and you can't defend yourself with a weapon or you break the Fear RP rule.

However, after that rant, I believe the problem stems from the lack of activities criminals have to do. I don't have any suggestions on that or what can be improved, but I was hoping this would start a dialogue because honestly getting RPly robbed multiple times a day isn't right.

I see what you mean with this xxStallingCoinxx. Being robbed in such brutal ways is just not how it would be done in RL. The only reason why a robber would use a PIT maneuver is to stop a cash truck in its way, but then this still makes no sense since a sportscar (assuming they drove that) can never PIT a big cash truck. Robberies of other players are something that should be done very carefully in my opinion (e.g. in alleyways, at night, behind abandoned buildings, etc.). Maybe it's indeed that there is not enough to do for the criminal part of the players, but I can't tell since I'm still very new to the server. I would like to hear others opinions about this subject.

46 minutes ago, xxStallingCoinxx said:

Hi all,

Just so true. We need to discuss this and think of a creative solution that will stop this thing.

9 hours ago, HaminLord said:

There is nothing you can do in my opinion, add a rule that gives criminals a cooldown each robbery they do? That wont work. While this is a issue there is not alot of things u can do.

You can either add a rule to prevent robberies or just add more things for criminals to do, etc.

With this being an RP server you can’t just say “well there’s nothing you can do about being robbed all the time” when you absolutely can. Or just ban robbing other players outright without admin approval.

1 minute ago, verydoge12 said:

Honestly its your fault if you get robbed 5 times a day because I get robbed like once a week and i play a few hours every evening 

How is somebody choosing to rob me my fault?

I understand it’s probably bad luck that it happens often to me, but it shouldn’t even happen once a week. How many times IRL do you get robbed in the streets? Especially if you have a gun holstered on your person.

Just now, xxStallingCoinxx said:

How is somebody choosing to rob me my fault?

I understand it’s probably bad luck that it happens often to me, but it shouldn’t even happen once a week. How many times IRL do you get robbed in the streets? Especially if you have a gun holstered on your person.

This isn't same as real life this is RP if this was real life there would be barely any criminals and currently at least 65% of the server is 

I am a solo player as well mate, but...

How the hell do you get robbed 5 times a day? I sometimes play 8 hours cause i got no life and still don't get robbed that often.

Though just stop carrying valuables on you (like most of players) and when at gunpoint comply with them ,it's usually a quick frisk and they leave while talking shit cause they are angry you did not have anything.

1 minute ago, gyrhnr said:

It's your own fault for getting robbed than and I do not even have pity than.

Might as well just start hanging in NCZs like it’s not the point of me getting robbed. It’s the point of it happening so frequently and not just to me, so I’m proposing we change up the criminal system so robbing another player is either RPed right or rare to happen.

First off, I want to start off by saying I'm sorry that's been happening. Unfortunately, there are a lot of robberies going around on a very consistent basis, especially at areas such as the farm and drug labs and it can be a very annoying thing, especially when it feels like there's no real reason or cause. With all of that being said, there's absolutely nothing you can do about that other than moving smarter. I might Jinx myself here but I have never been outright robbed in my entirety of this server. I have a character with 60k XP and another with quite a bit as well. I drive around wherever I want and do what I want but you have to be street smart. I've been in situations where I straight up talked my way out of getting robbed by complimenting the person attempting to rob me "Damn bro you caught me slipping, I like how you move. I understand bro, we all gotta eat"  in situations like that, you're creating rapport with the person holding you up. People tend to get salty ICly and oocly in those situations, and proceed to either talk shit or say the wrong things, which gives the robbers no incentive to leave your shit alone.

Yes, it's annoying but you have to understand, a lot of the robberies that go around are from low level street dealers and most of the time, they're not always looking for your cash, it's that big ass .50 on your hip. When I robbed people back then, I wanted their guns. If I saw someone flashing an AK, shotgun or some shit or they had a pistol on their back, my first thought is to take it from them. A friend of mine told me this IRL, "Walking around with a gun makes you feel safe, so safe that you'll occasionally do things you'd never do and go places you would weary of" just move smarter and you won't find yourself getting robbed a lot.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, xxStallingCoinxx said:

You can either add a rule to prevent robberies or just add more things for criminals to do, etc.

With this being an RP server you can’t just say “well there’s nothing you can do about being robbed all the time” when you absolutely can. Or just ban robbing other players outright without admin approval.

So your saying you want to remove 90% of what criminals do in the server because they do it to you all the time? 

Getting "admin approval" to rob someone is a terrible idea to be honest, lest say im following someone on the highway and I tell him to stop aside and pull over what am I gonna do? Make a /report and wait till an admin tells me "approval granted"?

As @verydoge12 said, its your fault. I wasnt robbed all week once and never came close to being robbed, i presume you are fairly new to the server and that means that you still need to learn where to go and where not go if u dont want to get robbed as @gyrhnr said.

Just now, HaminLord said:

So your saying you want to remove 90% of what criminals do in the server because they do it to you all the time? 

Getting "admin approval" to rob someone is a terrible idea to be honest, lest say im following someone on the highway and I tell him to stop aside and pull over what am I gonna do? Make a /report and wait till an admin tells me "approval granted"?

As @verydoge12 said, its your fault. I wasnt robbed all week once and never came close to being robbed, i presume you are fairly new to the server and that means that you still need to learn where to go and where not go if u dont want to get robbed as @gyrhnr said.

I wouldn't say I'm fairly new, but it happens way too often like you said 90% of what criminals do. They need to add something for them to all do besides rob people.

25 minutes ago, xxStallingCoinxx said:

I wouldn't say I'm fairly new, but it happens way too often like you said 90% of what criminals do. They need to add something for them to all do besides rob people.

Well what? Robbing people will always happen. Even if they add more drug labs/chop shops or whatever people will still rob each other, its just the thing that happens. 

Robbing people can result in good rewards in low time spent, and while I dont blame you for getting robbed 5 times a day in some way this is your fault. My 2 other legal alts were never robbed and each one has more than 8k xp.

In short, there is really nothing we can do. Robberies are an essential part of criminal role-play as ICly it only makes sense for me to rob some poor courier in the middle of an alleyway. In case you find a solution that can lower robberies that would be fine but if its going to remove robberies from the game completely then im against it. 

For now this is a big -1

Just now, HaminLord said:

In case you find a solution that can lower robberies that would be fine but if its going to remove robberies from the game completely then im against it. 

For now this is a big -1

I wouldn't say remove them completely. I'm just saying add rules to RP them correctly. Me getting pitted out of nowhere by a supercar and robbed in broad isn't exactly RP. I mean if you're going to rob me, rob me at night or in an alleyway. Just not in broad daylight.

9 minutes ago, xxStallingCoinxx said:

I wouldn't say remove them completely. I'm just saying add rules to RP them correctly. Me getting pitted out of nowhere by a supercar and robbed in broad isn't exactly RP. I mean if you're going to rob me, rob me at night or in an alleyway. Just not in broad daylight.

Im not saying it makes sense, but this is not the server's fault. Once again this is in someway your fault, it is or that ur still not experienced in these robberies and how to evade them or that ur just unlucky this week.

Robberies are perfectly fine in my opinion as long as the robber roleplays good with actions like:

/me Looks through the man's pockets looking for his phone

- /do would I find it?

/me Grabs the man's pistol and puts it in his pocket

- /do success?

/me opens the man's pockets and grabs everything he sees

- /do success?

I'm not a supporter of this suggestion, but what more rules will you add? Cooldown between robberies making criminals wait a certain amount of time before their next robbery? Not letting people with more than 300k rob people? Not letting people with sport cars and higher rob people?

Still, -1

Edited by HaminLord

The fact that people think robbing for money/valuables is an essential part of criminal RP is funny to me. They're playing to hoard money in an RP server and it's ridiculous.

Criminal RP is all about the stories and interactions between criminals and the law, or civilians that somehow become relevant to a story.

Randomly robbing someone in the middle of the city in daylight just cuz they're hoping for some cash or items is not really RP, it's what their rather confused perception of RP is.

If criminals are looking for something to do, they better work on developing stories rather than hoarding money. Build relationships, set a goal, get involved with whoever aligns with them or gets in their way while they try to get to their goal, develop an interesting story they'd tell their friends about, and enjoy the freedom of using illegal guns and breaking the law to advance their story cuz they're a criminal.

• Upvote 1

Doing petty crimes out of boredom or random robberies and murders(i.e. random 'stop car or die' ) for the same reason when roleplaying as a mid/high tier organisation member should fall under the FailrRP rule, and since we re pushing for 'featured' criminal factions, that should be thought on asap. 

Edited by \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

People / groups / gangs just drive around in circles around the map to all the different jobs continuously robbing people until they get bored or log off. 

It's literally the only thing that the bigger crews on the server like to do, is to kill the server population by robbing all the noobs $ or shit they have. 

Or scam them out of 5k for a 800$ pistol, ive seen that alot - by really rich players to 😕 Kinda sad to see aswell.

Ask all my guys in Purp Mob, Ive been on the server for a week now, gambled my way to a house and a couple nice cars. Bought almost all my guys a car. All of them are new players. 

They all told me if I hadn't met them and showed them around, they would of definitely left. 

js

Between the druglabs being broken or in-use most of the time, between not being able to rob stores half the time or indeed ANY lack of  incentive to sell your crafted drugs in an RP fashion to other players what is left?

You can steal cars for a couple K or rob people for the peeshooter they have on them (You're stupid to carry cash anyway) and this should now also be fixed? Seriously coming to a point we may all aswell go back to the pier and start fishing. If you get robbed it's on you, play smarter and consider where you are at all times.

I've been playing for three months now, only got robbed the first 2-3 weeks and I haven't been robbed since. If you put some effort into your RP and character you'll develop contacts and after a while you'll know too many people to be robbed constantly... And if I do lose a .50 pistol to some dude ''Hansup this is rob'' style... Oh well, certainly wouldn't let it ruin my day enough to be making forum posts about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.